Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Hopefully they don't go the way of certain other developers and nerf everything when people whine that 'its hard'.
    Getting one shot killed is not hard, its stupid. Its poor design. Having unavoidable mechanics, and apparently this one is or becomes such, that one shot kill players is not good design. Let alone, anything challenging becomes easy once people know the dance.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riavan View Post
    Watch as they nerf it to the ground, pity they want most people to play it, not just the few neckbeards who think they're radical at video games.
    It's not really skill anyway, it's more diablo 3's version of skill, non-boss mobs that hard giant hp meatslabs and if you die you just run back from the spawn, sometimes whilst the combat is still going. Skill, BAH, more like waste of time.

I don't thik A-net will leave it the way it currently is, they learnt this lesson with gw1.
    they learnt what lesson from GW1? GW1 is still ball breakingly difficult, the only thing that "nerfs" their content is people finding out builds that essentialy break that zone but are near useless elsewhere... I think they'll stick to their guns, especially since they said that explo modes are SUPPOSED to be a challenge, they're not supposed to be seen by every noob who picks up a sword, that's what story modes are for, and because of that you get 2 boss npcs and easier content...

If you want to play through explo mode and see all the content then get better and fucking beat it, god you people seem to think no one likes challenge, then you can look at demon/darksouls and see how well that game is selling...

---------- Post added 2012-08-30 at 08:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Swiped View Post
    Dude.. if you need to rez-spam-graveyard-zerg the boss.. well.. it's your issue not mine ;s.

If I had to run 10 times from waypoint to the boss only to die again and rez - then yeah, I could say it's a waste of time. But if you know what you're doing you'll only get downed few times through whole dungeon. If you run around with lvl 10 gear while trying to kill something in 35lvl explo mode.. then prepare for rape :P.
    just my two cents here, but i think most people (myself included) that didn't pick an armor crafting prof end up with either A) shitty stated armor for our build, or B) really low lv armor for our build because the karma vendors don't give you any variety gear wise (for christs sake if i see another condition +precision damage leather piece i'm going to kill somebody!), and then there's the off chance we -may- get the drops and really other then that there is no other way.... As for me personally, i break my friends knee caps and demand that he makes me new armor, but i don't think everyone has that sort of persuasive force...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    If you had already completed them then they would be a failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Korialstrazs View Post
    I went in with 3 45's and a 60, all in at level gear. The 3rd paths six burrow event was impossible for us. No amount of player shuffling improved our odds, scavengers were killing our thieves/ele and we didn't have enough interrupts to catch every breeder spit.
    Oh lord we tried to do this last night with me at 39, a 40, 44, 51 and 55 and we got steamrolled. We had two warriors a necro, a mesmer and myself as an engineer and we just could not do it. Max we got was 35%. Our main problem was you missed 50-75% of the time on the burrows so you couldn't kill them. I looked at it and it appears the first burrow spawns right away, second spawns at 10%, 2 more spawn at 20%, 3rd spawns at 30%, 4th at 35%. It was just impossible for us to do because we couldn't get the burrows down because of the constant missing. We finally gave up after about 30-60 minutes of wiping. Not sure if it's bugged or what but they put out SO many mobs its crazy. The little adds take 2-4 shots to kill but they also spawn the veterans. It was brutal. I love that it's hard but this was just not possible for us. We assumed we just didn't have the damage to kill things fast enough but we were all above the level requirement (35).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    Getting one shot killed is not hard, its stupid. Its poor design. Having unavoidable mechanics, and apparently this one is or becomes such, that one shot kill players is not good design. Let alone, anything challenging becomes easy once people know the dance.
    Too bad i'v been able to dodge everything so far :/ i think you're just bad or slow.

I was surprised with the story mode for AC yesterday. Did it with a guild group (Thief/Guardian/Engineerx2/Ranger) Took about 2 hours as we explored (and wiped) a few times. It was nice having to change skills for different bosses, or events that happened while in the dungeon (We got a bonus event for killing a Cave Troll). I for one, can't wait for Exploration mode!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Oh lord we tried to do this last night with me at 39, a 40, 44, 51 and 55 and we got steamrolled. We had two warriors a necro, a mesmer and myself as an engineer and we just could not do it. Max we got was 35%. Our main problem was you missed 50-75% of the time on the burrows so you couldn't kill them. I looked at it and it appears the first burrow spawns right away, second spawns at 10%, 2 more spawn at 20%, 3rd spawns at 30%, 4th at 35%. It was just impossible for us to do because we couldn't get the burrows down because of the constant missing. We finally gave up after about 30-60 minutes of wiping. Not sure if it's bugged or what but they put out SO many mobs its crazy. The little adds take 2-4 shots to kill but they also spawn the veterans. It was brutal. I love that it's hard but this was just not possible for us. We assumed we just didn't have the damage to kill things fast enough but we were all above the level requirement (35).
    Due to you missing the burrows I'm goin to assume you were trying to A) use ranged and/or B) use primarily conditions, granted both are good, just not on structures, why is that you ask? Well for one you can't cause a burrow to bleed... So yeah there goes conditions... Second, if a fly wanders between your bullet and that burrow you get a "miss" notification showing that you did NOT hit the burrow, but instead hit the fly, granted if you have a target it does NOT give you the damage notification.

Seeing as how burrows spawn enemies they're going to be early impossible to take down with ranged attacks that don't explode or ricochet, because of this I'd highly suggest grabbing a Melee weapons, charging the burrow and smashing it!

It worked for me in the BWE, granted that was the ONLY encounter we managed to clear lol, but I felt it was victory well deserved nonetheless!! (obviously we cleared the minor stuff before it, but I assume you got the point)
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

You can miss the burrows with melee, the hitbox on them is very wonky sometimes, but even that isn't the main difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Due to you missing the burrows I'm goin to assume you were trying to A) use ranged and/or B) use primarily conditions, granted both are good, just not on structures, why is that you ask? Well for one you can't cause a burrow to bleed... So yeah there goes conditions... Second, if a fly wanders between your bullet and that burrow you get a "miss" notification showing that you did NOT hit the burrow, but instead hit the fly, granted if you have a target it does NOT give you the damage notification.

Seeing as how burrows spawn enemies they're going to be early impossible to take down with ranged attacks that don't explode or ricochet, because of this I'd highly suggest grabbing a Melee weapons, charging the burrow and smashing it!

It worked for me in the BWE, granted that was the ONLY encounter we managed to clear lol, but I felt it was victory well deserved nonetheless!! (obviously we cleared the minor stuff before it, but I assume you got the point)
    I do know about the mobs walking in front, however it appears with the rifle for the engineer if the mobs are close enough you actually hit both. I can't count how many times this has caused me to pull a neutral mob into my fight that wandered in front of my target.

As for melee, our two warriors were both missing like crazy, easily 50%+ of their hits. Even with the flamethrower kit I was missing 4 out of 5 hits. I switched to the grenade kit (ground targeted AOE) and never had any more issues but we still were not able to complete it.

There are far too many mobs to kill too quickly. I'd be curious to know the levels and classes of anyone who has actually beaten that path because it's crazy.

Deleted
    I do know about the mobs walking in front, however it appears with the rifle for the engineer if the mobs are close enough you actually hit both. I can't count how many times this has caused me to pull a neutral mob into my fight that wandered in front of my target.

As for melee, our two warriors were both missing like crazy, easily 50%+ of their hits. Even with the flamethrower kit I was missing 4 out of 5 hits. I switched to the grenade kit (ground targeted AOE) and never had any more issues but we still were not able to complete it.

There are far too many mobs to kill too quickly. I'd be curious to know the levels and classes of anyone who has actually beaten that path because it's crazy.
    My party
    lvls: 36 Thief, 35 Mesmer, 40lvl Warrior (me), 38 Ele, 36 Necro

Thanks to our Ele and my shouts, we didn't get below 15 might stacks during a boss fight. I was using mostly 2h Sword and switching between 2h Hammer or Rifle. Our Thief actually knew how to use his Refuge ability and Ele knew when to go water. Necro was keeping conditions away from us and Mesmer provided Timewarp (bloodlust).

We were "popping" most of the bosses there through sheer damage...

I love the elitism in this thread. Instead of being a douche by saying "You're bad" why don't you share some strategies that helped you get past the boss? Anyway, the burrow event is bugged on the account that the majority of the times the burrows can't be hit. At least for me, every time I attempt to hit them it tells be "Obstructed" no matter where I position myself. I'm going to wait to do explorer modes until they work out the bugs.
    Last edited by AdrianCC100; 2012-08-30 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    I love the elitism in this thread. Instead of being a douche by saying "You're bad" why don't you share some strategies that helped you get past the boss? Anyway, the burrow event is bugged on the account that the majority of the times the burrows can't be hit. At least for me, every time I attempt to hit them it tells be "Obstructed" no matter where I position myself. I'm going to wait to do explorer modes until they work out the bugs.
    From what I ve seen so far, most people come here to complain it "impossible", some shared their strat on the only fights they ve done already. For my part, I ve already told them the boulder throwing strat for Lovers fight, and admited the impossibility of explorer mode :P

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    It isn't poor design. There are no 'unavoidable mechanics' that one-shot you. If there were, no one would have finished them.

10+ Year Old Account

Huh... that's really weird i've never missed burrows at melee range (where i spend most my time) however at range with my longbow.... not so much lol

When i cleared that part (again never finished the wholething) my group comp was lv 36 minion master necro, lv 33 Ranger (me), lv 32 Engineer, lv 34 warrior (had a lot of banners and shouts), and a lv 34 thief who i assume was running some sort of stealth build? Idk he was in and out of stealth a lot, might've just been because he was sword/dagger.

yeah on our try we managed to get it to 75% if it would help you run a ranger and an elementalist with frost arrow and keep the frost arrow for when its 40 % but yeah it spwns so many adds.. >.> id love to hear insight from someone whos finished it tho

p.s for the first boss like everyone says you just have to get that hook timing right and its all easy just run around kiting him we killed him with only 4 ppl cause one person left took a while tho

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    You should've played Vanilla, it took months to complete raid instances.
    Because players were stupid.

No offense, but encounter design improved rapidly and I still think that Ulduar Hardmode prenerf was the hardest raid in WoW.

Just my opinion, of course.

I'll try AC today, people told me it's finally working again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    Because players were stupid.

No offense, but encounter design improved rapidly and I still think that Ulduar Hardmode prenerf was the hardest raid in WoW.

Just my opinion, of course.

I'll try AC today, people told me it's finally working again.
    i'll second the ulduar thing... and if the explorable modes scale to the story modes difficulty i fear for the day i become brave enough to venture into TA explorable mode lol

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    i'll second the ulduar thing... and if the explorable modes scale to the story modes difficulty i fear for the day i become brave enough to venture into TA explorable mode lol
    AC is still the hardest storymode I've done. TA was pretty easy, only a couple wipes to the nightmare boss. CM was ridiculous in comparison to AC. And sorrows furnace I four manned when our ranger left, so...yeah...We didn't even wipe.

Can't wait to try the Explorer Mode dungeons.

There is a BIG difference between nerfing something and adjusting it. I think people are asking for the later.

In this state, dungeons are total chaos. And are no fun to play.