10+ Year Old Account

having some ret problems

ive recently decided to come back to wow for mop, geared up my unholy dk and loving it. then a kid i was running raids/dungeons with was convincing me to pick up my ret again. i raided very competitively with ret in WotlK and thought i would give it a try.

i use EJ among other forums for choosing spec/glyph/stat weights everything.

the issue im seeing is in equal-ish gear, (some LFR and mostly boe 390 epics and twilight heroic level gear) my dk is pulling 30-40k depending on the boss, and 30-40k on trash. cool right? so i hop on my ret, boss damage is great, and on trash im pulling absolutely embarrassing dps. people say trash doesnt matter, but it does, and it counts.

where the hell is the cleave outside of holy wrath? should i be using righteousness? am i wasting too much time building up HP for inquisition? i find most groups are nearly dead by the time i can get a 3 HP inq up. while my dk would be pulling 30-40k on those groups my ret is doing sub tank damage.

what am i missing on trash? worth getting inq up? where is the cleave? or is ret just horrible on trash?

Definitely get inq up, use divine storm where needed. And try to stack censure on as many targets as possible. I get 5 stack censure rolling on every mob of the yorsahj trash and it ends up working out quite well for me.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Unforunately Ret before patch 5.0 has a very bad AoE. We currently need 4+ targets to make Divine storm worth using (For HP generation). While AoEing you should be using Seal of Righteousness, not Seal of Truth.

With Patch 5.0 I read that we will use Hammer of the Righteous on 2+ targets as well as Divine on 2+ targets, assuming we are still using Seal of Righteousness for any AoE situations.