Thread: Gaming PC Build

Gaming PC Build

Hello

Looking to get a new gaming pc to replace my aging one, thinking of getting the below build. I was hoping to get some opinions about the build and hoping I haven't missed anything.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£174.94 @ Amazon UK)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 92.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (£82.10 @ Ebuyer)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£109.99 @ Dabs)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£56.53 @ CCL Computers)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£79.46 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Samsung 830 Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk (£149.97 @ Amazon UK)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 680 4GB Video Card (£479.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Sound Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio 24-bit 96 KHz Sound Card (£29.87 @ CCL Computers)
    Case: Corsair 500R Black ATX Mid Tower Case (£93.00 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Power Supply: Corsair 750W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£124.99 @ Dabs)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-222BB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer (£12.67 @ CCL Computers)
    Total: £1393.51
    (Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-08-28 13:39 BST+0100)

Thank you ahead of time.

Deleted
    you may should give us some infos what you plan to do on it, which resultion you will use and so on (photoshop, vegas, games, cad, or else)

from what i see i may would recomment getting a 7970 ghz (some got in stock today) or 670 instead of the 680 (the p/l is not so good...)
    an extra soundcard usually is not necessary but you didnt wrote what you plan on doing with the comp.
    you may could think about a other motherboard (not saying yours is bad, but thinking you will spend ~1400 pounds, there would be space for a better one
    the power supply may is a bit too "big" except you plan on heavy otherclocking

give us some more infos and we can recomment better^^

Mainly its going to be used as gaming PC.

Got some semi nice speakers and head set so figured a decent sound card would be a good idea, never really used the onboard ones so unsure how good they are.
    There is maybe about 20 pounds in it switching motherboards.

After plug the build into a power calculator thingy ended up at about 580? I think it was and wanted to future proof it so didn't need to buy another psu when the cards price drop and can pick up a second one to run in SLI.

---------- Post added 2012-08-28 at 07:27 PM ----------

Something up with the edit option. Basically I'm after a PC that can handle most of the Bliz games, SCII, D3 and WoW on max settings also needs to be capable of handling two Eve client at max settings hopefully.

Looking at a dual monitor setup initially so game on the main screen then maybe a movie or stream/something on the second screen. Was maybe looking to expand to SLI and or triple monitor setup when the price of the 680 drops in price and can pick up a second one.

I would prefer to go with Nvidia for the graphics never had an issue with them so would prefer to stay with them.

At the top most £1400 budget wise would probably bit it as still need to pick up some monitors and windows at some point so don't really want to go too pricey.