Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Engineering mounts

hello, with the 2 new engineering mounts coming with mop, one for gnomish and one for goblin engineering.
    will i be able to make the goblin one, then switch spec to gnome and make that one and still be able to ride the goblin one? also, will my non engineer characters be able to ride these mounts since they are account bound?

thanks

You can sell them like the mech-hog so they don't require engineering at all much less goblin or gnome to ride.

They will be costly though. Each mount requires 3 Orb of Mystery (20k gold each) plus the usual variety of ores and gems. So if you've got around 120,000 gold you can have both.

Quote Originally Posted by cent467 View Post
    They will be costly though. Each mount requires 3 Orb of Mystery (20k gold each) plus the usual variety of ores and gems. So if you've got around 120,000 gold you can have both.
    yep Slightly mad.

For anyone that was thinking that they'd be making some of these for the AH in MOP and engineering might actually have a money maker for a change, they will need 60'000 at least just for the orbs to make one, not even including all the other matials. Likely you'll have to price them at AH at 70'000-80'000 just to cover costs.

I don't think they're exactly going to be flying out of the AH.

do you buy these orbs from vendor?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. From a goblin in the vale.

I have heard the talk about the engineer mounts, but what are they? Is that bomb on the mount screen on the main page the new goblin mount? And if so, what are the Gnomes getting?

10+ Year Old Account
    did a quest in gadgetzan, where i could get a jetpack to fly back. Jetpack, would be my number one favorite engineering mount. its also kinda stealth. would be excellent to gank on. i gank on my hippogriph for the time being.
    CPU :- AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
    Ram :- 32GB GeIL super luce rgb 3000Mhz
    Mobo :- TUF 570x wifi
    GPU :- Strix 2080ti OC
    Cooling :- NZXT z73 Kraken 360

Deleted
    great idea , yes!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBoss View Post
    did a quest in gadgetzan, where i could get a jetpack to fly back. Jetpack, would be my number one favorite engineering mount. its also kinda stealth. would be excellent to gank on. i gank on my hippogriph for the time being.
    I did this quest the other day and was thinking the exact same thing. Jetpack mount would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    yep Slightly mad.

For anyone that was thinking that they'd be making some of these for the AH in MOP and engineering might actually have a money maker for a change, they will need 60'000 at least just for the orbs to make one, not even including all the other matials. Likely you'll have to price them at AH at 70'000-80'000 just to cover costs.

I don't think they're exactly going to be flying out of the AH.
    I'm not so sure about your closing statement ...

With account-wide mounts now, a lot of people are suddenly discovering they're much easier to collect, so I think a lot more people will do so. Also of course, most mounts are now for all of your characters, not just one. 80k+ for a mount, which 11 chars will use .. suddenly that doesn't seem so bad.

As an aside, can someone link 'em please?

Quote Originally Posted by Aliessil View Post
    As an aside, can someone link 'em please?
    Geosynchronous World Spinner
    Depleted-Kyparium Rocket

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they look prety kick ass. 80k for something like that is nothing really. Still i will only be the rich folks that are making them for the AH. Dont think il bother, seems like a lot of risk for little reward, mounts like that seem to quickly lose their value.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    Well they look prety kick ass. 80k for something like that is nothing really. Still i will only be the rich folks that are making them for the AH. Dont think il bother, seems like a lot of risk for little reward, mounts like that seem to quickly lose their value.
    Yep, if Blizz don't fix this Duplication exploit, they will be going for very little regardless if they cost 60k + to make or not

Kinda reminds me of wotlk days, where I, instead of selling the bike, would offer to build it for people bringing me the mats, the gold for the mats to be bought by the engineer (me) plus a little tip (couple hundreds of gold).

Wasn't all that bad to get that much just for flying to area 53, buying a couple a things, porting back to dalaran and building the bike.

Sadly, that didn't happen all to often. Obvious reason where the high material costs. The new mounts look nice, but not as epix as the hog. Kinda a shame to make those things such a gold sink, but somewhere I imagine it has to go. The downside of that though will again be the indirect support of gold selling/buying (But then again didn't they introduce boe trading card stuff, which caused the same thing?).
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

The main down side of these mounts is the fact that they'll cost about the same as the re-forger yak. If a player isn't botting the AH I doubt they have massive amount of gold to throw at multiple mounts.
    Do I spend 60k on a mount that I can use to bring a reforge and repair to my raid? Or do I get a flying mount like looks like a taped together rocket?... Hrrrm

If you can blow 180k no stress, then get the yak and them both.

Are these new engineering mounts 2 seaters or 1 seaters?

Quote Originally Posted by McNostril View Post
    The main down side of these mounts is the fact that they'll cost about the same as the re-forger yak. If a player isn't botting the AH I doubt they have massive amount of gold to throw at multiple mounts.
    Do I spend 60k on a mount that I can use to bring a reforge and repair to my raid? Or do I get a flying mount like looks like a taped together rocket?... Hrrrm

If you can blow 180k no stress, then get the yak and them both.
    Try over 100k for your yak. 120k before 10% discount..
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

All the new mounts are sweet.

Wish the old mounts (gyro Copter) were usable for non-engineers.