Unable to play with friends

Hey guys,

First off - not a moan thread. I absolutely love the game, coming from 5 years of playing wow it's a complete breath of fresh air. Rocking a level 22 Elementalist so far.

However, two things someone might be able to answer for me:

1: When I join up with a friend and we're not on overflow, as soon as he runs out of minimap range, he's gone. I can't see him on my map. So we have to type to meet-up in a certain place. Is this a bug? And if so any idea on it's priority on getting fixed as leveling with a buddy is impossible if you wish to stray off the road for a second to mine a node.

2: Overflow and moving to the overflow server after using a waypoint. Is this intentional? Surely after teleporting to the other side of your zone you shouldn't have to queue to be on the same server as your leveling party.

Thanks
    Cake!

Yeah been having these problems also, I am sure they will be addressed.

When they patched at ~8:00 PST last night it fixed all grouping/minimap icon issues. Are you still having this problem today?

Perhaps the patch was only applied to US servers.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

i've noticed that bug too with not being able to see peoples positions. But its one of many issues being dealt with.

I posted these same issues (besides the minimap issue) as part of my criticism of the current state of the game as well. Yesterday (~14h ago), someone mentioned that the party/teleport issues were solved, but they are not.

When you join a party, you can join your party members by teleporting to their phase through rightclicking their portrait. It didn't work 99% of the time yesterday (~8h ago). Once, we managed to actually get it to work, but we're not exactly sure whether that was just a fluke or coincidence.

I love GW2 as a game, but it will have to fix these issues, if they would like me to keep playing in the long run, because I play games to coop or party with friends and do dungeons, possibly pvp.

Right now it has a lot of bugs that almost feel like features. We have a button that allows you to join your friends, but if you click it, nothing happens. We have a guild system where invites/the join button work(s) only 1% of the time and when you eventually do join a guild, you are told that you do not belong to a guild and in the guildmasters tab you appear as "not representing". WTFBBQ?

And then there's the occasional lag spikes, which sometimes make me die extremely fast due to the fact that the thief really is purely based on not getting hit as much as possible. Lag, does not help. This concerns [EU].
    Last edited by Vespian; 2012-08-29 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Szyrex View Post
    Hey guys,

First off - not a moan thread. I absolutely love the game, coming from 5 years of playing wow it's a complete breath of fresh air. Rocking a level 22 Elementalist so far.

However, two things someone might be able to answer for me:

1: When I join up with a friend and we're not on overflow, as soon as he runs out of minimap range, he's gone. I can't see him on my map. So we have to type to meet-up in a certain place. Is this a bug? And if so any idea on it's priority on getting fixed as leveling with a buddy is impossible if you wish to stray off the road for a second to mine a node.

2: Overflow and moving to the overflow server after using a waypoint. Is this intentional? Surely after teleporting to the other side of your zone you shouldn't have to queue to be on the same server as your leveling party.

Thanks
    1) Its not like that now so they might have fixed it. In beta it was fine so they may have turned that detection code off to reduce the initial lag that we experienced. You can cntrl+click a waypoint and it will show up in party chat instead of typing it.

2) If you are in the same zone you won't go into overflow. If you switch zones you will end up in overflow. If you want to join up with your friends you have to zone into the zone at roughly the same time and you will be in the same overflow.