Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I spam my auto attack anyways, because of two things.

1: It turns off if you don't hit your enemy. i.e. they move slightly out of range, and you have to adjust. Otherwise, your chain attack will reset.
    2: If you're targeting one guy, but it hits another guy, you can keep chaining it, but the auto attack won't happen.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishu View Post
    All of your abilities can be made to auto-cast by clicking on them with ctrl + mouse 2.
    Well yeah, but you can only have ONE ability on auto-attack, right?
    "I look bigger in those mirrors where things look bigger."

10+ Year Old Account
    The mails u receive when u complete a heart are not just mails....take the money inside
    Thanks man, I'd never noticed that bronze number on a brown background.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNile View Post
    Well yeah, but you can only have ONE ability on auto-attack, right?
    Yes, only one at the same time. Probably should have written any instead of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Thanks man, I'd never noticed that bronze number on a brown background.
    Me neither, time to cash in!

Adjust your Camera rotation speed to very high to remove that sluggish feeling when you mouse turn

Deleted
    Prob everyone know this already but:
    -you don't need the bank to access your bank items. Any crafting stations come with bank slots.
    -the bank slots (as well as crafting materials slots), are account wide.
    -as far as i know, the bank slots are limited and the crafting material slots can take 255 mats each for every mat.
    -there are no mail posts. You can send items away with a right-click, and collect them through upper menu bar.
    Last edited by mmoc6322d2f7bc; 2012-08-28 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Corrected thx to DrakeWurrum!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodstrider View Post
    Adjust your Camera rotation speed to very high to remove that sluggish feeling when you mouse turn
    My max rotation speed is way too fast, jsyk. Makes the camera completely impossible to control because one little mousey jerk makes it spin multiple times.

---------- Post added 2012-08-28 at 10:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Holydorf View Post
    the crafting material slots are not.
    They are. I don't know the exact number, but I'm pretty sure it's like 255 or so. I can't deposit copper ore into my bank anymore.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    My max rotation speed is way too fast, jsyk. Makes the camera completely impossible to control because one little mousey jerk makes it spin multiple times.
    Yeah, mine is set to maybe 1/3 and it's ok

- Turning shadows down will improve your FPS if you are experiencing video lag

- Certain professions get extra hot-key attacks on F1-F4 that variate based on which healing & utility skills you have selected

- Skills that cannot be used underwater will have a crossed-out water drop beside their cooldown duration on their skill description
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    They are. I don't know the exact number, but I'm pretty sure it's like 255 or so. I can't deposit copper ore into my bank anymore.
    Fixed, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Morogoth View Post
    - you can join the Heart of the Mist by going in Hero - PvP - click Heart of the Mist icon in the top left
    - You can travel to every Capitals by going to Lion's Arch (take the Asura Portal in any Capital)
    - you have the option "sell junk" in your bags (in the bottom right), it will automatically sell all useless non-salvageable crap.
    - Keybind your weapon swap (as a matter of fact, I suggest to keybind everything)
    - I suggest to turn ON auto loot in the options (you just spam "F" when you zerg instead of looting every corpse)
    - You can adjust your mouse turning speed with the slider in the options.
    - EXPLORE EVERYTHING. I found an awesome jumping puzzle yesterday in Lion's Arch. A dead pirate was messing with me all the time.
    All EXCELLENT suggestions, especially EXPLORE EVERYTHING. You'll miss out on some of the BEST aspects of this game if you don't actually explore stuff.

Can't believe I didn't notice it sooner, but there is a range indicator on your abilities. There's a red bar below the skill if you're out of range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holydorf View Post
    Fixed, thanks!
    Good news is, I now have a source of extra cash, unless I feel like taking the time to USE that ore. I should REALLY go turn it into ingots, but that event nearby looks so exciting...

Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-28 at 03:40 PM.

Deleted
    Hmmmm don't leave after you finished a yellow hearted quest, it has a follow up orange quest, sometimes multiple!
    didnt know this myself untill yest :P and i was wondering how to get more exp while i felt i did all!

though maybe everyone knew this and i was just silly

Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    Hmmmm don't leave after you finished a yellow hearted quest, it has a follow up orange quest, sometimes multiple!
    didnt know this myself untill yest :P and i was wondering how to get more exp while i felt i did all!

Not at all. I still find myself wondering off instead of sticking around to enjoy the follow up quests. There's just SO MUCH TO DO!

Quote Originally Posted by Morsdraconis View Post
    Not at all. I still find myself wondering off instead of sticking around to enjoy the follow up quests. There's just SO MUCH TO DO!
    I like it when a run past an NPC and they will tell me to come over and talk to them. Someones it's for nothing, other times it triggers an event.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post

They're actually not follow-up quests. Those orange things are called events... dynamic events. They can happen at any time. Any where. For any reason. With OR without players nearby.

There's even plenty of events out in the world nowhere near the hearts - so make sure to explore everything you find. Found a tunnel into a cave not marked on your map? See what's inside! You might get a surprise.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-28 at 03:52 PM.

ow look, a repost. I guess the search function was down.

on topic:

100% in the zone you're doing = lots of xp and skillpoints.

Don't forget that you can do every single crafting profession in the game. You can have two active at a time. It costs some coin to switch them out and the fee depends on how may recipes you have. You don't lose the recipes you have when you switch.