Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Battle of Theramore: One Week at Level 85

Battle of Theramore: One Week at Level 85
    For a preview of what to expect, see our previous Theramore coverage: Partial run of Theramore Scenario, Theramore Screenshots and Scenario Steps, Horde Theramore Dialogue, Jaina Theramore Dialogue, Theramore Quests, and Very Early Map Preview.

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The Battle of Theramore, the first of many Scenarios coming to World of Warcraft, is a story-changing event that will be available to level-85 characters for one week only -- the week leading up to the launch of Mists of Pandaria on September 25.

For the duration of the week of September 18-24, level-85 characters will be able to queue up for and participate in the Alliance and Horde versions of this new Scenario with two friends. (Please note: if friends are not available to you at the time, two will be provided. Batteries not included. Subject to change. Void where prohibited.)

After the lifting of the mists, the Battle of Theramore will join all other Scenarios as level-90-only content, and everyone -- including players who missed it at level 85 -- will be able to play through the event. Upon completing the Scenario for the first time, players will see the aftermath of the battle whenever visiting Theramore in Dustwallow Marsh. Theramore will eventually be changed permanently to its post-battle state in a future patch, sometime after the launch of Mists of Pandaria, whether or not players have completed the Scenario.

We’ll see you there!
    Last edited by chaud; 2012-08-28 at 03:47 PM.

Deleted
    I hope that's not the whole world event....

is this trolls or for reals? the 2nd paragraph makes me hesitant.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthoof View Post
    I hope that's not the whole world event....
    Seems like it is.

Deleted
    i hope too ...

not first, i know "first" posts are not allowed, how about "not first"?

So, no unique event? That's sad.....

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully some special loot for the occasion>_<

I'm excited to try this out.
    Last edited by Rreessii; 2012-08-28 at 03:38 PM.

Hope those that do it at lvl 85 get a special item to show they took part in it

(Please note: if friends are not available to you at the time, two will be provided. Batteries not included. Subject to change. Void where prohibited.)
    LOL luv ya Bliz !!

let us hope theres a present

Quote Originally Posted by Necrotica View Post
    Hope those that do it at lvl 85 get a special item to show they took part in it
    Probably a FoS just like the other pre-release events.

with two friends. (Please note: if friends are not available to you at the time, two will be provided. Batteries not included. Subject to change. Void where prohibited.)

Blizzard,
    You never cease to amaze me.
    Putting this line to make us laugh and overlook the fact that this is the worst pre-release world event ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiius View Post
    with two friends. (Please note: if friends are not available to you at the time, two will be provided. Batteries not included. Subject to change. Void where prohibited.)

Blizzard,
    You never cease to amaze me.
    Putting this line to make us laugh and overlook the fact that this is the worst pre-release world event ever.
    I dunno, the TBC one where you kill 12 demons in front of the portal kind of sucked. This is one that changes how theramore looks forever.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Probably a FoS just like the other pre-release events.
    Pre-BC gave us a tabard.

I personally find the sacking of Theramore to be a major turning point in WoW and the lore behind it, simply because its not demons invading the cities or us waiting to open a big bug gate doesn't make it bad, that's subjective based on your opinion. I'm excited to see where the end of garrosh starts...and of course finishes.

mhm so no more world event like cata and wrath? mhmhmhmh i want FoS !!

I think the Pre-warth event set up a large amount of hype for all other events to come.

Though I will say this, the fact that this thereamore thing is going to be available again at 90 is somewhat upsetting. My excitement for it has been hurt a little bit. IT should still be fun to do regardless though.