Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Why don't you play the bloody scenario before moaning like children?

Aww man, I can't afford any batteries, I spent all my money on candy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually like to be taken out to dinner before I get screwed. Even if the event is spectacular, it's short, and it's going to hang around for level 90. I don't care about the tabard (Alliance only) and mana bomb (Horde only) rewards, I'd just like an event where everyone can dick around for a month until MoP comes around. Sure today's patch brought some new things, but they're hardly an event, and it's not like those new things are going to take players out of Org to have fun.
    Last edited by JainaIsAMan; 2012-08-28 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nos View Post
    What? People won't be able to tell that I'm a special snowflake and logged in at the right time!? HOW DARE YOU BLIZZARD! Only MY privileged eyes should be able to witness the release event! Now, when someone else plays, they might be able to have the same fun I had, and that's just NOT OK.
    Only special snowflake i see here is you. The whining casual player that cries about absolutely everything. You guys feel you are SO special with your $15 a month subscription, that by the way the rest of us pay also, that you are ENTITLED to everything, god forbid IF YOU miss out on an event because you couldn't be BOTHERED to put in a bit of time or effort to particpate in it. Frankly its special snowflakes like you that are constantly ruining and dumbing the game down, that rest of the wow PLAYING population complain about. So you want to call the players special snowflakes cause they actually ENJOY PLAYING THE GAME AND PARTICIPATING IN EVENTS, please the only special snowflakes in the game are the scrubs who expect to be catered too. Go jump on the GW2 bandwagon, it lookws like the type of ass game you would enjoy.

Bring back WoW to the players and take it away from the scrubs. Don't have time to play oh well, GTFO.

Just a guess, but this was probably a compromise between the devs and the bean-counters

Devs ´hey, we want to spend a few weeks working on the pre-mop event´.
    Bean counters ´ you mean, all those man-hours for something that lasts a couple weeks?
    Bean counters ´don´t you wish you had spent the man-hours you spent on cata-prelaunch on things for players to do at level 85'...
    Devs ´good point.

This is a good compromise, it is a prelaunch event, and content for players at 90.

Remember, the excuse given by GC on why we don´t see class quests is that they can´t justify spending man-hours on content that only 1/11th of the players will participate in.

My guess is they just didn´t want to devote a lot of dev time for something that is one-shot content.

Deleted
    Those are the rewards for the Theramore pre-event? I wish the tabard was for horde-players instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Melilithia View Post
    I wish i had game time...
    For Firelands they gave us 7 days game time. Same thing with Dragon Soul. I think they are going to give us another 7 days again since it's a major Patch. And 10 more days after MoP is out since they always give trials.

I'm sure the Battle for Theramore will be pretty decent. I can't see it being as good as the WotLK event, but I doubt they'd top that again especially as it would require chaos on the same scale (which just angered a lot of players)
    Last edited by homerunhomer; 2012-08-28 at 08:48 PM. Reason: posted the wrong reply ><

Quote Originally Posted by homerunhomer View Post
    I didn't know whether or not to go out to the cinema tomorrow (as I'm in the EU). Since patch delays carry over most of the time, I think I shall!
    It's just one day. You're not going to lose anything. Also it depends on what movie you are watching.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the horde!
    "BC was a hot chick that took alot of work but was rewarding in the end, Cata is the drunk chick that supplied similar results with less effort." -couldnt have said it better.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Give up trying to understand her, women tend to handle problems with emotion rather than logic.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkIron View Post
    Only special snowflake i see here is you. The whining casual player that cries about absolutely everything. You guys feel you are SO special with your $15 a month subscription, that by the way the rest of us pay also, that you are ENTITLED to everything, god forbid IF YOU miss out on an event because you couldn't be BOTHERED to put in a bit of time or effort to particpate in it. Frankly its special snowflakes like you that are constantly ruining and dumbing the game down, that rest of the wow PLAYING population complain about. So you want to call the players special snowflakes cause they actually ENJOY PLAYING THE GAME AND PARTICIPATING IN EVENTS, please the only special snowflakes in the game are the scrubs who expect to be catered too. Go jump on the GW2 bandwagon, it lookws like the type of ass game you would enjoy.

Bring back WoW to the players and take it away from the scrubs. Don't have time to play oh well, GTFO.
    That's silly. Content is king. The removal of content detracts from the cumulative value of WoW. Now, certainly, some things - the zombie event, Hakkar's spreading DoT (which I never got to experience, sadly), etc. - can not be recreated or maintained, because it is the social aspect that gives them half of their value. But - and this is a big BUT - there is little reason to eliminate most content.

For example, as I previously mentioned, the post-Wrathgate Siege of Undercity was an awesome event. It tied up the post-cinematic state nicely, gave us a tiny bit of character development between Jaina and Varian, and had a truly epic feel. It wasn't perfect, but it was really a stand-out event in my mind. Fast-forward to when I convince my girlfriend to play WoW, and how abruptly that story ends - she now misses out on a huge event.

Realize that all content takes time to make. They have to look at the Return-on-Investment for content. If they make an event that requires 100 man-weeks to produce (25 people for 1 month - honestly a bit conservative IMHO) - and then it's only available for 1-2 weeks? That is a hard expense to justify in the face of other demands. Make it available long term, and you can introduce your friends who missed that content to big story arcs.

Finally, let me mention your counter-attitude for a second. WoW is now almost 8 years old, and time is more precious now. As an example: if you started playing at 16, when you may have had tons of free time to commit to the game, you are now 24 - and may not due to college/work/family concerns. From my own experience, I've missed half of an event in the past due to work, and if work picks up for me September 17th? Well, I guess I wouldn't get to see the event. Am I ENTITLED to it? Not really - I suppose at some level I slightly am, due to paying for it, but that's not Blizzard's fault. However, letting me see and do it later? That means quite a bit to me and others like me. So perhaps you should try to consider that perhaps you don't have the only opinion that matters here.

And before you say I'm a noob: I've played since early BC. I've raided in nearly every tier since Karazhan, among the other things I've done in the game. I play most days. I know that before I started, things were far different. I've seen the changes that have happened since I joined. Many are good - I don't miss managing ammo on my hunter alt, I like that my main is actually viable in all of it's specs at some level, I don't miss having to sit in trade for hours to find a dungeon group, etc. Some are not as good - removal of class quests, over-homogenization between classes, the nerfs to abilities that were fun in PVE because they can't be balanced in PVP, etc. Before you bash me, or someone else, or Blizzard (who isn't perfect but largely does try and succeed), take a look at the big picture. And if you have resort to attacking a person instead of their ideas? Perhaps you should not respond and not prove how foolish and disrespectful you are.
    Last edited by itomeshi; 2012-08-28 at 09:03 PM.

Events aren't Scenarios they can't be the same thing. That is the problem, please don't try and tell me they can be, because the definitions and usage in game aren't the same, an event is something that happens for a limited time, a scenario isn't. It confuses me when people think they are the same or that this is enough, it seems some agree that this feels like a cop out.

The other big problem I have is the event is exclusive to 85, meaning that if you aren't 85 you wouldn't even know there is a world event going on, unlike the previous ones.
    Last edited by Stasso; 2012-08-28 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stasso View Post
    Events aren't Scenarios they can't be the same thing. That is the problem, please don't try and tell me they can be, because the definitions and usage in game aren't the same, an event is something that happens for a limited time, a scenario isn't. It confuses me when people think they are the same or that this is enough, it seems some agree that this feels like a cop out.

The other big problem I have is the event is exclusive to 85, meaning that if you aren't 85 you wouldn't even know there is a world event going on, unlike the previous ones.
    So you're basically saying "I wanted this to be a one time event so when the next expansion comes and I'm out of nostalgia pills I can whine about how awesome the previous event was and that this one will never come close to it. Lazy Blizz u SUCK!!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caffeiine View Post
    is this trolls or for reals? the 2nd paragraph makes me hesitant.
    it is for reals. i read it on the official site.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    So you're basically saying "I wanted this to be a one time event so when the next expansion comes and I'm out of nostalgia pills I can whine about how awesome the previous event was and that this one will never come close to it. Lazy Blizz u SUCK!!!"
    Wow you quoted me verbatim... no wait you are putting words in my mouth. Events are limited time things, a scenario isn't, they shouldn't be calling this a world event that is my problem. If you are busy for it well unfortunately life is like that, you can't relive you losing your virginity, you can't repeat being at the birth of your first born, those important events are limited, that is the truth of it.

---------- Post added 2012-08-28 at 05:28 PM ----------

A better idea I feel is that the world events should happen annually during the course of the expansion around the same date as the launch until the last patch of the expansion, a scenario being label as an event cheapen both events and what they want scenarios to be.
    Last edited by Stasso; 2012-08-28 at 09:20 PM.

Wow you quoted me verbatim... no wait you are putting words in my mouth. Events are limited time things, a scenario isn't, they shouldn't be calling this a world event that is my problem. If you are busy for it well unfortunately life is like that, you can't relive you losing your virginity, you can't repeat being at the birth of your first born, those important events are limited, that is the truth of it.
    But that's just it. The importan thing after your first born is born to look after it, raise him/her and make them a decent human being but that's just it. You're not going to think about the past, but to better your future. The Theramore scenario is going to be one of the most important lore events. You're lucky Blizzard makes it available after the expansion comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    But that's just it. The importan thing after your first born is born to look after it, raise him/her and make them a decent human being but that's just it. You're not going to think about the past, but to better your future. The Theramore scenario is going to be one of the most important lore events. You're lucky Blizzard makes it available after the expansion comes out.
    But they shouldn't be calling it a world event and expect us to just nod along like that is how events work.
    Last edited by Stasso; 2012-08-28 at 09:35 PM.

But they shouldn't be calling it a world event and expect us to just nod along like that is how events work.
    What is this? A political arguement? What, are you going to start a riot on the streets now? It's just a game FFS.

Servers are up let's see what they brought.

To those who moan that this way is better (an instance that lasts forever, instead of a world event) because more people get to see the content are just missing the point.

Imagine they had the Glastonbury musical event as a pre-recorded show that you turn up and watch anytime you wanted, so that more people could see it, instead of making it an absolutely massive historic live event that people might still be talking about for years to come. The reason world events were amazing were because they changed the actual world in real time, and players could take part and interact in the storyline that lead up to the expansion. You become part of it as it happens, a dynamic world event that evolves and only happens over a short period of time (a few weeks).

The whole point that makes it great is that it is a large scale "world" event that people can say "i was part of" and remember fondly when talking about the game, things like the zombie invasion that could never work on a longterm scale but worked amazingly well in the short term of the event, to really bring forward the reality of the expansion pack.

Blizzard are just taking one more step into allowing themselves to halfass everything. Make it fast, cheap and maximise profits.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4