Thread: Gw2 dvd...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Enough nonsense please. You can play fine with a 1Mb ADSL connection. The only problem is that you must wait longer to download the updates. Right now i'm doing so, downloading at 120KB/s and i'm around 45%.

Anyone knows what's the REAL size of the update? I hate those launcher/updater whose doesn't show the real download size.

Quote Originally Posted by Grraarrgghh View Post
    Well lets say he gets the median speed of 1Mbps, or .125MBps, an 8GB file would take 1066.666etc minutes, or 17.777etc hours. So definitely not 2 weeks unless his connection keeps dropping to 2G because of a bad signal.
    did not mean to post this twice so mybad.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2012-08-28 at 06:07 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Grraarrgghh View Post
    Well lets say he gets the median speed of 1Mbps, or .125MBps, an 8GB file would take 1066.666etc minutes, or 17.777etc hours. So definitely not 2 weeks unless his connection keeps dropping to 2G because of a bad signal.
    naw.. i have a 512 uncapped dsl line which i pay alot for here on this lil island.. 65 kilobytes per second is the download speed.. want speeds higher ya gonna be paying an arm and a leg and maybe some other body parts thrown in there.. there a few countries with similar internet speeds with a high number of casual /hardcore mmo playing groups! (not as high as usa or uk, but hey dont we count.. at all?)
    Last edited by Himora; 2012-08-28 at 06:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moldevort View Post
    Enough nonsense please. You can play fine with a 1Mb ADSL connection. The only problem is that you must wait longer to download the updates. Right now i'm doing so, downloading at 120KB/s and i'm around 45%.

Anyone knows what's the REAL size of the update? I hate those launcher/updater whose doesn't show the real download size.
    My GW2 folder is 14.3gb total.

Deleted

Best I can offer is that my patching is showing 10%= 522mb

Mine is 14Gb right now, 51%...

WOOHOOOO THX

I personally run on a connection with 22 KB/s. So yeah, I pretty much depend on disks to play... Good thing I didn't buy them though. I'm really looking forward to playing this game, and I honestly don't know how I'll get it when we have power shortages every 3 hours or so... If I ever do manage to play the game, it better be worth it, or I'm going to rage so hard. I've sort of had enough of WoW's laughable PvP balance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Guild Wars 2 is roughly 15.2 GB fully installed. DVDs only hold roughly 8 GB of data.

15 - 8 = what you have to download

Obviously, it would have made more sense for them to include a second DVD though.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Guild Wars 2 is roughly 15.2 GB fully installed. DVDs only hold roughly 8 GB of data.

Obviously, it would have made more sense for them to include a second DVD though.
    Did you keep your folder from the beta? Because mine is fresh from the day before the pre-launch and is 14.3gb.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post

The retail version i have contains 2 DVDs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Then they really have no excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Did you keep your folder from the beta? Because mine is fresh from the day before the pre-launch and is 14.3gb.
    I didn't play beta - I did download the day before pre-launch as well and played stress test for an hour.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    Listen here and listen good at 210mb i got to 1% this means 100% = 100x 210 which is 21.0gb the exact size of the game meaning it HAS NOT downloaded any files from the discs it is just downloading the whole game from the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Himora View Post
    i hate to be "that" person, but... WoW allows you to download in the background WHILE playing the game... eeeekkk!! and yes that was unbeleivably great for most people
    Once you've completed a base amount of data, yes. However have you actually ever tried this? It was pretty painful (Guild Wars did this as well, it only downloaded content as needed versus WoW's downloading everything in the background) in practice.

---------- Post added 2012-08-28 at 06:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by snatat View Post
    Listen here and listen good at 210mb i got to 1% this means 100% = 100x 210 which is 21.0gb the exact size of the game meaning it HAS NOT downloaded any files from the discs it is just downloading the whole game from the internet.
    The game is only currently approximately 15GB and that's not factoring any compression. So I'm not sure that doing the math based off 1% is very accurate.

Deleted
    Are you 100% sure it installed correctly? Sounds really strange that a double DVD would only give you 500mb. Sounds more like the install didn't finish completely.
    Did it ask you to 'Enter disc 2'?