Page 51 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    If you'd take the time to explain this in the first post there wouldn't have been so much confusion

Due to shield block having a cooldown adding 15% more connect chance with your styles won't hinder that boss from eating you sometimes, resulting in a most certain death - especially if you can only survive two unmitigated hits right now and sit at 5% afterwards. Lowering your healthpool will only increase the risk of dying in that situation even without raiddamage going on. Halion had parry haste enabled, i'm fairly certain. But if this is still the case.. just check your logs, nobody bothered going back and testing this after all those times/patches.

But to keep it easy, just bring two set of gems/trinkets and see how it feels? I really don't know how much a 36 stam trinket on a level 70 adds for his healthpool ~

Ps: what happens at 20%? Does the boss enrage, thus hitting harder/faster? I really don't remember, but if it's nothing like that you should just keep trying - or is there more like healers running oom etc?
    Aye, I'll agree I didn't word my initial post especially well, sorry.

Regarding hit stats, I've figured I can get another ~130ish rating from my gear, which equals about another 7% or so, without dropping any stamina gems. I can't actually survive two unmitigated hits all the time, if Halion decides (for whatever reason) to crush me for 20k, two hits will kill me through last stand, so I've a feeling that it's probably necessary to get as much hit as I can.

36 stam is ~450ish hp. Not really much, but the options for stamina trinkets at 70 are awful (most are ~40 ilevel below the alternatives). 54 expertise is 4.28%, so I'd imagine the tradeoff is worth it.

Nothing special happens at 20%, just corporeality killing the normal phase tank. I'm tanking shadow realm, and I've got two healers rather than one. I've a feeling its just a case of the normal phase tank being gibbed because the healer has to move, but I can't help but try and min-max

Deleted
    Halion was one of the few that were parry haste enabled ^^ But I *think* they disabled it with the cata patch

I would honestly then just go for the hit cap then as much expertise as possible to make sure you can just have shield block up as much as you can

So while waiting for my item restoration to come off CD so I can get my 2/2 Jade Warlord back (Don't ask me why I got rid of it in the first place) I picked up the hc version of Ji-Kun's Rising Winds. Problem is, it seems to be horribly bugged.

Whenever I drop below 35% and get the heal, any healing gained from it is then removed a split second later. Has anyone else with this trinket noticed something similar, or could anyone who has any version of it try it out and see if it actually works?

By googling something along the lines of "Ji-Kun's Rising Winds bugged" I've only managed to find one thread on the official forums from early May with no responses. It seems weird to me that, if the trinket is bugged, it's gone unnoticed/unfixed for so long.

Deleted
    What's the bug exactly, can you post a log example or describe it in detail? Are you specced into second wind? Nobody bothers with that trinket with the VP trinket avaible with a much better procc and similar amount of expertise, that's why it might be bugged until date.

I don't have any logs from after getting it, unfortunately.
    When you're brought below 35% by a melee hit, the trinket gives you the heal. You can see the animation being played, and the heal can be seen in your combat text, combat log, health bar, skada/recount, etc. That far it works as intended.
    After a split second, however, any health gained from the trinket is removed. Any other source of healing is unaffected, only the health you got from the proc is removed.

I've tried it inside and outside of instances, heroic, normal and challenge mode included, with and without SW, and tried switching it to the other trinket slot (just in case, you know) only to get the same result.

And yes, I'd imagine it's gone unnoticed because in a raid setting most people wouldn't notice that 40-50k heal disappearing because it's such a negligible amount.
    Still, it surprises me that the proc simply isn't working when the raid's been out for so long. Whether or not the trinket is actually worth using is a different question entirely.

Edit: While not a log per se, I went into the Jade Serpent CM and got myself killed by the first mob and took a screenshot of my death log in Skada.
    i(dot)imgur(dot)com/FEuMqvu(dot)png

I might be reading it wrong, but to me it seems like the trinket heal is applied before the hit that brought me below 35% is actually calculated? The first hit that connects should bring me from 200k to 135k and proc the heal, leaving me at about 157k, but the heal in that death log attempted to heal me to 220k.
    Last edited by Toroq; 2013-06-28 at 03:16 PM.

Deleted

x.xx 429k (100%)
    9.63s 47% after a tick from the puddle
    6.72s still 47% after a parry
    5.22s -15% (65k) = 32%
    4.82s +20% (heal is only shown as +22k, but it must be more than that) = 52%
    3.72s -21% = 31%

The only thing odd here is that your combatlog only seems count the difference from your initial hitpoints to the new, healed up hitpoints (+22k) and won't show the other healed part from the swing that brought you below 35% initially.

But nothing lost there.

Not sure what you're getting the puddle tick from. Started combat at 47%. The heal is only 23k because it's scaled down to ilvl 463.

The hit at 3.72s brings me to 16%, not 31%. 31% is what I had before that hit, not after it.
    Add upp all the damage (keep in mind the last hit is overkill bar the 20k I had left) 20615 + 49021 + 66156 + 65908 = 201700, which is what I started at. The 23k heal from the trinket is missing.

won't show the other healed part from the swing that brought you below 35% initially.
    Not sure what you mean by this. What "other healed" part? This death log is the combat log in its entirety. The heroic throw at 47% is when combat started.
    Last edited by Toroq; 2013-06-28 at 06:24 PM.

Anyone tried zerg tactic on Dark Animus as a warrior? I know it won't be as good as monk or paladin but I might be force to do it (thought about Mageara that it will be hard but was pretty easy tho) so I need some insight if anyone tested it.

Deleted
    Looks like i missed the outgoing checked part on the bottom Toroq and didn't read the picture properly at all. Writing it down from the bottom to the top shows the problem more clearly:

+0.70 20.615 (4%)
    [+49.021]
    +2.22 69.636 (16%)
    [+66.156]
    +3.72 135.792 (31%)
    [+65.908]
    +5.22 201.700 (47%)

The healed part looks just like you already described it: vanished. Maybe nobody noticed it before because the heal is shown on recount/skada and nobody compares that to the health bar or adds the numbers up just to see if it *really* healed you. Time to write your bug report, excellent find.

@Ysearia
    I was under the impression that only paladins could survive that for an unlimited amount of time thanks to a pushed Sacred Shield but looking at the more recent logs i can also see some monks and druids. That's really impressive when i think about the good beating our monk take from three small golems at the beginning of the fight due to how their active mitigation works.

The idea behind the zerg tactic is that your solo tank destroys the boss all by his own and warrior tanks aren't capable of that. Unless you already outgear the instance to some extent (everyone in 54x gear) i wouldn't bother with it, but if so and you're just one tank short that night i'd give it some tries the dps requirements aren't that high when you bring some excellent burst dps (enhancer, warlocks with UVLS, etc).
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2013-06-30 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    Maybe nobody noticed it before because the heal is shown on recount/skada and nobody compares that to the health bar or adds the numbers up just to see if it *really* healed you.
    Yep. The only reason I discovered it was because I decided to see if some random goat outside the Shrine could out DPS the heal, just for fun.

I've already submitted a bug report regarding the trinket, but I'm not sure they'll fix it until 5.4 at this point. Still, if anyone in the thread is using any version of the trinket, you should probably check if the version you're using is any different, though I'd imagine the proc spell itself is bugged, regardless of item level.

Deleted
    Truth be told, most people won't have noticed because they would have used the trinket for 5 mins before vendoring it. It's curious nonetheless.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice, it is confirmed, choosing a cloak will be... wtf. Want the DPS proc? Enjoy the utterly useless 1000 haste points.

Oh haste tanks, was nice to dream to get above 70% of the DPS you pull.

hey y'all, was wondering if someone could check my warr for ma a little. havent really played her alot since.. well WotLK.

currently im having trouble holding aggro for some reason... even against tanks with like 0 vengance and i got no clue whats going on. if its gear wise or my priority rotation..

armory in sig. id say start with how my gearing line looks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    You got capped on hit/exp and both damage increasing glyphs, so that's not the issue. Everything important about generating aggro in general is mentioned in the guide on the first page... so it's hard for to comment on it beyond that

guess il have a long read ahead of me again :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    guess il have a long read ahead of me again :P
    When I see new warriors, the problem is almost always that they're not using Shield Slam enough.

Make sure you've got Shield Block up as much as possible (if you're a beginner, I have no problem with you using a macro for this), and then never, ever, ever, ever, EVER delay Shield Slam. It's our only attack that does anything and a lot of new players get wrapped up in Devastate-spam all too often.

Deleted
    Avoid your heroic strike button outside of ultimatum like the plague, this is a mistake I see people making often

I'd strongly suggest getting weakauras to show your duration of Shield Block / Shield Barrier + its size remaining

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    Avoid your heroic strike button outside of ultimatum like the plague, this is a mistake I see people making often

I'd strongly suggest getting weakauras to show your duration of Shield Block / Shield Barrier + its size remaining
    Yup, if anyone needs strings for those WAs, drop me a PM.

So, I'm making a move over from a Brewmaster (while I loved their damage, I love having a button for every scenario on the Warrior. As someone said here awhile ago, I thought it was great, I never feel like something happens in a fight and there was nothing I could have done better, I always think of a cooldown or button I could have hit to save myself.) and I'm curious about a few things.

1. Do you pretty much want to keep Shield Block on cooldown? Only delayed if you know it won't cover a big dose of incoming damage? I haven't had much problem with it but I haven't actually hit hard ToT yet so I'm not sure what to expect just yet. As well, it only blocks Melee damage, right? Not most forms of Physical?

2. With 5.4 around the corner, am I hearing a damage boost at all? While I'm fine sacrificing the stupid damage I could do on my Monk for the survivability of the Warrior, doing 40 to 50k in just under 500 ilvl gear is pretty disheartening when I was doing 120 or 130k before hand. :/

Deleted
    Hi guys, Im in need of some advice for prot atm. Ive had to go prot for the time being as our MT has gone on holiday for the next month so Im having to swap over from fury for at least the time being. Im slightly worried that I may end up getting screwed over by some of the damage on Horridon in particular as well as perhaps council HC. My guild are newly 5/13HC 10 man

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rtigo/advanced
    Thats my armory and current tank gear, any help would be much appreciated.

Deleted
    @Brian23
    For 1.
    Sadly only pure melee damage so on several special boss abilities (Hard Stare, Triple Puncture) you're better of with barrier if you're in danger of not surviving the very next swing/want to help your healers out/etc. The crux: every time you don't hit block your hardest hitting abilitiy (shield slam) hits for 50% less thanks to a major glyph, so when you're maximising outgoing damage that's a good point to start.

On 10M heroic content there's another problem: the raid damage flying around. While you can block the regular swings from a boss all the cones, dots, auras hurting you come in totally unmitigated. If you use barrier instead you could prevent/absorb over half of your incoming damage (at the cost of a part of your damage dealt, as explained above).

For 2.
    Just to give you the picture (numbers from todays raidbot 10HC for the last two weeks):

267k monks
    237k paladin
    229k dk
    215k druid
    152k warrior

That's with the data used from the top 100 logs for each class/specc and the picture drawn is just plain horrible. We should end up getting a damage increase in the 2x% area from additional critical strike chance, more enrage uptime, more thunderclap damage and superior Ultimatum proccs. But please do the math, 152 times 1,25 is 190k. Unless they also increase the scaling and/or base damage on all of our abilities we'll have a very hard time competing for the damage charts. On the damage intake side on the other hand we should shine with the new t16 bonus & crit block cap, but Blizzard can't tune boss' around crazy damage intake figures, in the end everyone needs to able to survive a certain situation. And if you don't die from it on the spot you'll have to justify why you'd want to bring a tank that deals x damage when another tank deals y damage (and in this extreme scenarior of warrior vs monk it's almost y=x+a full dps slot).

Ps: I really don't see your argument pro warrior. While playing on a monk you have superior frontload damage reduction against anything (including bleeds~) from stagger/shuffle, superior healing and it's totally controlable with expel harm, guard and purifying brew (especially with current 4 piece). All the hassle with monk is from the pull when you don't have your AM rolling.

@Retrovertigo
    I prefer less stamina in exchange for roughly 15% more critical block, but having some leeway might be better if you're not to deep into tanking and make some errors down the road.. Get a guardian imperial amethyst in your shield and reforge your axe from crit to mastery instead, but that's about it. Looks perfectly fine to me

For council: make sure to pick up spell reflect glyph and mass spell reflect (assuming that you cope with Marli) and if you have bring a second stamina trinket for this fight and Tortos as well. Shockwave is handy for both bats and the healing add on council. You shouldn't worry about Horridon, have your co-tank play gates (if you don't have a paladin i'd tank gate 3, it's the easiest from handling the adds) and use barrier for triple punctures to decrease the burst, cooldowns on dire call.

For glyphs/talents: i'd go for heavy repercussion + hold the line (dps!) and as long as you use 2 piece victory rush as well. But i wouldn't use Impending Victory, this just makes your free healing procc cost 10 rage all of the sudden on top of the gcd. Give Enraged Regen a try, while it's on a rather long cooldown it's off the gcd and coupled with berserker rage it provides a decent amount of health.
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2013-07-07 at 02:32 PM.