Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    another question, how exactly does demo shout work now?
    the tooltip says "Demoralizes all enemies within 10 yards, reducing the damage they do to you by 20% for 10 sec."
    so only the warrior takes less damage right? like on morchok it won't reduce the stomp damage to everyone else?
    I believe it's the warrior version of the 20% "shield wall" that paladins and druids have.

Quote Originally Posted by Viin View Post
    I believe it's the warrior version of the 20% "shield wall" that paladins and druids have.
    it's just kind of strange since it puts a debuff on the mobs

As I wanted to know how we end up after patch in real fights I did a DS10hc today and I'm bit shocked by 450-400k Absorb shields on Madness or being 2nd in dmg on Ultraxion etc, guess it won't be that nice in MoP. I didn't feel huge impact in dmg (altho it's stupidly huge nerf 35%) even with low dodge and whole ctc not being capped. If you guys follow the guide you should be all ok in raids for now. Altho I did a bit differently and went hit/exp (cap) > master (where I can) > str > parry > dodge with DPS pants and Eye of Unmaking making my ctc higher then with mastery trinket (still keeping mastery high). I tried different combos and EoUn+Resolve of Undying went best out of all. Something to think about tho.. Either way eg. Impale avg dmg from 365783 to 162006 etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Danyka View Post
    .....or sticky it
    THIS! The sticky one was outdated in Firelands!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysearia View Post
    As I wanted to know how we end up after patch in real fights I did a DS10hc today and I'm bit shocked by 450-400k Absorb shields on Madness or being 2nd in dmg on Ultraxion etc, guess it won't be that nice in MoP. I didn't feel huge impact in dmg (altho it's stupidly huge nerf 35%) even with low dodge and whole ctc not being capped. If you guys follow the guide you should be all ok in raids for now. Altho I did a bit differently and went hit/exp (cap) > master (where I can) > str > parry > dodge with DPS pants and Eye of Unmaking making my ctc higher then with mastery trinket (still keeping mastery high). I tried different combos and EoUn+Resolve of Undying went best out of all. Something to think about tho.. Either way eg. Impale avg dmg from 365783 to 162006 etc..
    EoU is something to consider indeed, 1 str gives more parry that 1 parry rating. Fun times.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2012-09-02 at 08:48 AM.

Unlike other 20% reducs other tanks have (Divine Protection, Barkskin, Bone Shield), the 20% reduc only counts to mobs it can tag. So it has zero use against environmental sources, and if you're out of range of the boss/mob you need protection against (EG, black phase on Zon'ozz), it's literally useless. Awful cooldown.
    Last edited by Jalopy; 2012-09-02 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Typo

Deleted
    As I wanted to know how we end up after patch in real fights I did a DS10hc today and I'm bit shocked by 450-400k Absorb shields on Madness or being 2nd in dmg on Ultraxion etc, guess it won't be that nice in MoP.
    Yes, things are really more balanced for lvl-90 right now, and not that much for lvl-85. Dev's simply don't want to spend more time on lvl-85 balancing...

The way Demoralizing Shout works is a bit different indeed. It debuffs all enemies within 10 yards range, making them hit YOU, and no one else, for 20% less harder.
    It's a bit less effective than a traditional damage reduction ability, but still works pretty nicely in most situations, since the mobs you're tanking are most of the time in your melee range.

Quote Originally Posted by idefiler6 View Post
    THIS! The sticky one was outdated in Firelands!
    I'd sure be glad and honored if it got stickied, ; )
    Last edited by mmocd210ee9388; 2012-09-02 at 10:55 AM. Reason: spelling

Deleted
    hi Keb........if i have weakend blows up and use demo shout do they stack....ones a buff on me and the other is a debuff on target (boss)........maybe i'm just to stupid to read it right....thanks in advance

.....and sticky pleaaaaasssse !!!!!!

hi Keb........if i have weakend blows up and use demo shout do they stack....ones a buff on me and the other is a debuff on target (boss)........maybe i'm just to stupid to read it right....thanks in advance
    yeah they stack

Deleted
    thanks bals..............must be my female comprehension :-) ...... sometimes i just don't get it ......

Deleted
    thanks bals..............must be my female comprehension :-) ...... sometimes i just don't get it ......
    lol

Anyways, they do stack, yes. They both have the same spell icon, but are completely different things.

Stickied for you guys and gals...
    Last edited by Radux; 2012-09-02 at 09:28 PM. Reason: danyka wants to be more politically correct

Deleted
    @Radux....and the gals ???? :-) ....just playin^^..............

Do you guys got huge spike at the start of encounter? Did a fun FL Hc run today and Baleroc just ate me in 3,5 swings. Thought I'm not gonna start with medium SBr or SB, but had to. Also even with my Rev, TC hitting, from time to time mobs are just stick to people for few seconds after start, anyone had something similar issue(5man mainly, no it wasn't a lock or hunter pet..)?

Beside this, protection warrior is really fun to play.

Deleted
    Do you guys got huge spike at the start of encounter? Did a fun FL Hc run today and Baleroc just ate me in 3,5 swings. Thought I'm not gonna start with medium SBr or SB, but had to. Also even with my Rev, TC hitting, from time to time mobs are just stick to people for few seconds after start, anyone had something similar issue(5man mainly, no it wasn't a lock or hunter pet..)?

Beside this, protection warrior is really fun to play.
    Hi Ysearia.

If you really follow all the advice, I've been giving in the comments and in the guide, you should normally do very well - even on pulls.

What you want to do right before the pull is :
    Shout, then Berserker Rage, Charge, and Heroic Leap, all at the same time, ''during'' that pull. This will give you enough Rage for a Shield block right away (if your Charge is Bull Rush glyphed).

It will also establish some initial aggro, even though you just landed, thank to your Heroic Leap (very helpful, especially for pulling a trash pack). Don't delay your first Shield Slam neither, you need to hit the mob with it as soon as you're in melee range. It will give you even some more Rage to assure furthermore, a strong start.

On Baleroc for example, if you were able to pop your SB right away for his first 3 hits, you would have done OK.
    Also don't forget to use Demo Shout even at the pull, if you expect it to be a bit intensive, it will greatly help.

Lastly, don't forget to Thunder Clap as soon as possible, when dealing with multiple mobs, even if they're not all directly in melee range (you can always pick up the last one, or two if you were really unlucky) with your taunt and/or Heroic Throw, and/or a second Charge, if you have Double Time.
    Delaying that first TC will often result in having more mobs running towards casters, instead of just one that can easily be picked up with your range abilities.

There. Let me know if these advice helped, ; )
    Last edited by mmocd210ee9388; 2012-09-03 at 06:35 AM. Reason: phrasing

I don't know why all the hate on double time, it's amazing. I'd probably take it over jugg any day.

Deleted
    I don't know why all the hate on double time, it's amazing. I'd probably take it over jugg any day.
    I certainly like Double Time in many cases, especially for multi-target tanking, and picking up mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by L Kebess View Post
    I certainly like Double Time in many cases, especially for multi-target tanking, and picking up mobs.
    there will be very few fights that I will take anything but double time for. Knowing that I have that extra charge available out weights the downfalls imo

Quote Originally Posted by Puntr View Post
    there will be very few fights that I will take anything but double time for. Knowing that I have that extra charge available out weights the downfalls imo
    I can't see a situation really where I need to charge every 12 or 15 seconds on demand, but having 2 immediately sounds helpful as hell in any situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't see a situation really where I need to charge every 12 or 15 seconds on demand, but having 2 immediately sounds helpful as hell in any situation.
    Most of the quality related complaints, particularly with Double Time, relate to performance in PvP rather than PvE. In PvE, you could honestly pick just about anything and it wouldn’t matter. They didn’t make our talents cool or interesting, they made them largely meaningless.

Just avoid Staggering Shout and Warbringer, and you’re golden.

Also, I’m re-evaluating the quality of Second Wind and finding that I might end up taking it. I’ve played with Enraged Regeneration and Impending Victory and, frankly, both feel abnormally weak. 20% of your health every minute is extremely underwhelming, particularly when you’re not inclined to use either whenever they’re off cooldown. A cheap heal beats Impending Victory, while Enraged Regeneration almost forces you to keep Berserker Rage available because of its ludicrous rage cost otherwise.

The alternative is to take Second Wind and forget about it, safe in the knowledge that it’ll start ticking when you need it. Again, however, it’s a sad state when you’re choosing a talent because it happens to merely be the least awful in the tier.