Page 24 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Was chatting with a guildie who recently lvled up his 70 warrior to tank some.
    And we came into the subject of spell reflect use in raids.

Haven't raided much this expo but it got me curious. Any good uses this tier ?

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Was chatting with a guildie who recently lvled up his 70 warrior to tank some.
    And we came into the subject of spell reflect use in raids.

Haven't raided much this expo but it got me curious. Any good uses this tier ?
    Hmm...maybe Gara'jal trash? Not a whole lot of reflectable damage on bosses IIRC.

Deleted
    Protectors in ToES is the only one I can think of.

Deleted
    You're very welcome bobyboucher ^^

Protectors its very useful on and is a pretty high DPS gain, the only other fight where you can use it really is Lei-Shi as it prevents an application of the debuff which can be very useful and when combined with mass spell reflect, can significantly help out tanks as the damage goes up, or if people are on critical health going into a hide phase so they don't get killed by the random splashes

Deleted
    Very nice that lei-shi trick
    Cheers

Didn't seem worth starting a new thread for this, how is Prot Warrior AoE? I've been messing around on my warrior alt and may start raiding on it, but keep getting paired up with DK tanks in LFR. I cannot seem to hold aggro even when they're 10 ilvls less than me with a blue weapon, 1 DND and outbreak > pestilence just seems to glue every trash mob to them. I've tried mixing it up with Cleaves, Shockwave/Dragon's Roar and TC but nothing seems to work. I resigned myself to trying to hold 2-3 and even that is a struggle given the other tanks massive vengeance off of tanking the rest of the pack.

Deleted
    Prot warrior AoE is very high, but it does require a little ramp up time... the thing with DK is that if you have the Dancing Rune Weapon glyph, your threat is going to be ridiculously high on a pull as you can outbreak in one global and then spam double blood boil, with 100% extra threat... effectively getting 4 blood boils off per cast

I use Leap, BB, DR, then TC on CD with revenge going every time it's up, sometimes I'll spend rage on cleaves too but it depends how heavy the DK is going.

Deleted
    Yeah, there's some ramp up time alright. Which is why i have an issue with the removal of the damage component on glyph of death from above. It's a good ability for snap threat, and there's no compensation. This is not a huge, gamebreaking issue when playing a warrior, but it's something i find pretty annoying atm.

How should I be reforging on my fresh warrior? So far I've got him to ilvl 461 (avg 458, I've only been 90 for a couple of days) and I've read a few guides and talked to a few tanks in my guild but I'm still unsure of how to reforge him. Right now I'm going the "Control" route of Mastery > Hit/Exp > Parry/Dodge but for some reason it doesn't feel right? I'm thinking maybe I should go the "Avoidance" route until I can get some drops from LFR and some VP rewards.

Link to Armory: Eilian @ Lightbringer

Edit: Loading my Warrior up on AMR seems to have me more geared for "Avoidance" vs "Control".
    Last edited by Mesima; 2013-01-13 at 09:10 PM.

Deleted
    I would honestly say just hardcap expertise and hit as your primary goal, hit first then expertise just as you more than likely wont have the stat budget to get both
    For normal mode content and 5 mans the mobs dont really hit very hard at all and you wont really get any better delta reduction or overall reduction than going that way so you can keep shield block up as much as possible with barrier in the downtime

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesima View Post
    How should I be reforging on my fresh warrior? So far I've got him to ilvl 461 (avg 458, I've only been 90 for a couple of days) and I've read a few guides and talked to a few tanks in my guild but I'm still unsure of how to reforge him. Right now I'm going the "Control" route of Mastery > Hit/Exp > Parry/Dodge but for some reason it doesn't feel right? I'm thinking maybe I should go the "Avoidance" route until I can get some drops from LFR and some VP rewards.

Link to Armory: Vailan @ Lightbringer

Edit: Loading my Warrior up on AMR seems to have me more geared for "Avoidance" vs "Control".
    Short answer :

1* Hit till 7.5%
    2* Expertise till 7.5%
    3* Any remaining points into Mastery.

(4* Expertise till 15%)
    (only if you want an ultimate control over your Rage generation - meaning not mandatory at all. Furthermore, with your current gear, it shouldn't be reachable yet, so leave this part for a near future)

At your gear lvl, reforge out of Dodge if you can, and avoid reforging anything into Dodge or Parry.

Have fun, : )

Thanks for the replies guys!

15+ Year Old Account
    @ eddy and Zmurf Thank you both the suggestions really helped

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/h...?s=8979&e=9408

Got it!

<3 the prot war community on this site!!!

Deleted
    Hi people.

I'm new around here and recently spotted this thread.

I have been wondering for so long in this expansion if the aggro generated by the warrior is so **** low respect another classes.

I'm having a lot of trouble because our another tank (monk) during the raid because he is always generating tons of aggro even only with autoattacks.

Are you guys having similar problems because this really pisses me off?

Recently changed the build of my tank to reach the hard cap for expertise but nothing changed.
    The avoidance is fine right now, even in HC bosses my tank does not get too much damage.

Link to armory:

Since I'm new I cannot post links in the forum, so my character's name is "Achilia" from realm EU-Sanguino.

PD: Sexy draenei FTW!

Regards.

Deleted
    Nice one Bob! Glad to hear that

@Anto29 Exactly what part is giving you trouble? Is it taunt swaps or threat on pulls/trash?

Snapthreat can be quite weak as a warrior but after that short rampup time the vengence does the rest.
    When I'm pulling bosses I usually use recklessness to make sure I get a solid lead and at tauntswaps I tend to save shield slam for right after the taunt, preferably buffed with shield block if you have Glyph of Heavy Repercussions.
    Vengence goes both ways though, I often find myself staring at my threatbars for a couple of second after the other tank taunts. Since if I just let myself go and dont hold back a little, with a couple of lucky crits, the boss will be back in my face due to his low vengence at the taunt-moment.

If your Co-tank is somewhat ready for a tauntswap he should also be prepared to drop is threatrotation, making sure you have aggro is as much his responsibility as it is yours after the taunt has been made.

I dont really bother about who's tanking on trash. Can't really compete with a DKs DnD for instance...

Are you always using Shockwave or was that for a specific fight? I mostly use Dragon Roar. It lets me use more GCD's to gain rage rather than trying to stun unstunable mobs and also provides a pretty good snapthreat ability. Also Bloodbath synergies very well with Dragon Roar.

Deleted
    Thanks for your reply Zmurf.

Yeah the shockwave was for cleaning the trash before Lei Shi.

The problem I'm having is that our monk tank just generates more aggro with autoattacks than me with Avatar + recklessness and spamming H.Strike when rage is full.
    The normal rotation I use is Shield Slam + Revenge + H.Strike (when have much rage) and some devastate and thunderclap.
    Dragon Roar is almost always in CD (1 minute CD sucks T_T) but really cannot generate enough threat even with full vengeance to win our monk tank.

I don't know if I do something wrong, always the warrior's threat generation has been a little bit low but now is ridiculous against monks.

Any tips?

Regards

@Anto29

Yes its true, and there's nothing we can do about it. I'm also exp hard capped and i just can't compete with my Monk m8 on trash, i even stopped trying tbh.

The question is, who cares about trash?

Deleted
    I really don't care about trash, actually I go slacking during pulls XD

The real problem comes when I start to tank a boss or an add in the raid encounter and our monk just using autoattacks generates infinite more aggro than me.

That's the point I'm searching help for.

EDIT:

I forgot to mention that, Zmurf, yes Shockwave is still there because of the trash before Lei Shi XD (very needed).
    Normally Dragon Roar is good during bosses but has a large CD (1 min T_T).

But I think that's not the problem, because the difference in Threat generation between the warrior and the monk is huge, that's why I want to know your oppinion guys.

Regards
    Last edited by mmoc5d968ffcf5; 2013-01-17 at 12:40 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anto29 View Post
    I really don't care about trash, actually I go slacking during pulls XD

The real problem comes when I start to tank a boss or an add in the raid encounter and our monk just using autoattacks generates infinite more aggro than me.

That's the point I'm searching help for.

EDIT:

I forgot to mention that, Zmurf, yes Shockwave is still there because of the trash before Lei Shi XD (very needed).
    Normally Dragon Roar is good during bosses but has a large CD (1 min T_T).

But I think that's not the problem, because the difference in Threat generation between the warrior and the monk is huge, that's why I want to know your oppinion guys.

Regards

I know one way to cheeze a bit is right before you do a tuant swap you may want to intervene or vig the tank so that you can start taking some DMG and get some veng stacking up on you. As well if it is during taunt swaps etc and you are having issues if you are not already doing it try having you as the starte tank so that you get a good chunk of veng up and then have the monk taunt off you. Then when veng is about to drop you can use safeguard or vig to keep your veng stack up

Another macro I made was /cast shield block /cast shield slam and right before a taunt swap I start to pool up some rage and right avter hitting taunt I mash that one and get at least one solid SS hit in. You can also macro in deadly calm with HS to make sure you can get in a couple more HS at a lower rage cost!

it's a PITA but I look at it as more of a challenge than a setback....but protpallie offtank ...on aoe shit... drives me batshitcrazy if I don't have leap, DR, etc up !