Page 26 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    With Avatar how it is now, the only option @ 90 is Bloodbath or storm bolt for a fight where stuns are needed desperately?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anto29 View Post
    Speaking about shield barrier...

Someone knows an addon to track the amount of damage that the shield is going to absorb if you use it?

Similar to blood shield tracker for Dks.
    Absorbbar (from curse) is a very lightweight, easy to use addon that does this. I use it for my paladin (sacred shield), priest (PWS) and warrior (SBar). I don't know how I lived before it. It makes all my chars feel like blood DKs now!

(I will check out the weakaura strings suggested in reply to your query, as that's an amazing addon.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Icycoldd View Post
    With Avatar how it is now, the only option @ 90 is Bloodbath or storm bolt for a fight where stuns are needed desperately?
    Yes. Right now, 99% of the time, you want Bloodbath as Prot.

Quote Originally Posted by L Kebess View Post
    Yes. Right now, 99% of the time, you want Bloodbath as Prot.
    Thanks for that, just wanted to make sure.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...retsu/advanced

How's my gemming and stats looking? I know I have a few gemming strats to choose from according to your guide but I'm unsure if I want stamina or stam/mastery in blue sockets. I'm 515k HP unbuffed with just commanding shout.
    Last edited by Icycoldd; 2013-01-21 at 04:44 PM.

Deleted
    You're welcome. Your blue sockets look fine. On normal 10 man, there's no point in going for high amounts of HP. Your current 480k HP unbuff is more than enough. Thus, you can keep focusing on Mastery for now (or Expertise, if you're aiming for the 15% hard cap).
    Once you start heroics however, you will want to increase your health a bit, just to be safe from one shots due to unexpected damage spikes really.

There isn't any ''magic'' number here. You'll have to decide depending on your raid what seems to be ''enough'' HP for you -- generally though, something in between 500/550K unbuff does it for the whole T14 content.
    Last edited by mmocd210ee9388; 2013-01-21 at 05:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    Absorbbar (from curse) is a very lightweight, easy to use addon that does this. I use it for my paladin (sacred shield), priest (PWS) and warrior (SBar). I don't know how I lived before it. It makes all my chars feel like blood DKs now!

(I will check out the weakaura strings suggested in reply to your query, as that's an amazing addon.)
    Truth be told, neither the addon nor the string is what I think he wanted... He wanted to see the absorb that will appear before using Shield Barrier, not the one active on you. You could try

http://pastebin.com/rkwGFmux

After empress I added commas to the displayed number, for the humungous numbers shield barrier can and will reach.

thx everyone!!
    I appreciate all tips

Deleted
    Hello, has someone tried out the new meta(?) Indomitable Primal Diamond on ptr ?
    " Binds when picked up
    +324 Stamina & Chance on being hit gain a 20% reduction to physical damage taken for $137593d
    Requires Item Level 502
    "

Looks interesting

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Hello, has someone tried out the new meta(?) Indomitable Primal Diamond on ptr ?
    " Binds when picked up
    +324 Stamina & Chance on being hit gain a 20% reduction to physical damage taken for $137593d
    Requires Item Level 502
    "

Looks interesting
    Looks incredibly lame. Nothing's worse than "set it and forget it" abilites or things that actually are powerful. Like top parses for melee DPS in 4.3 depended on how many times your Gurth procced.
    20% CD that you have no control over? BORING. Also amazing when it procs just before a transition or something, or when you have to move for 15-20 seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teks View Post
    Looks incredibly lame. Nothing's worse than "set it and forget it" abilites or things that actually are powerful. Like top parses for melee DPS in 4.3 depended on how many times your Gurth procced.
    20% CD that you have no control over? BORING. Also amazing when it procs just before a transition or something, or when you have to move for 15-20 seconds.
    I probably should have worded it better, i dont care if its fun or not...

How does it stack up against the other alternatives ? (block, armor)
    What is the uptime ?
    Is it 20% reduction on a specific amount of damage taken ? Bit unsure about the "damage taken for $137593d".

He wanted to see the absorb that will appear before using Shield Barrier, not the one active on you.
    Im pretty sure Protwarbar from curse has this functionality, it just shows a number so nothing fancy. It's very easy to use and you don't need to use all the features if you feel it becomes too much of a clutter or already have those covered by other addons.

Quote Originally Posted by Delath View Post
    Im pretty sure Protwarbar from curse has this functionality, it just shows a number so nothing fancy. It's very easy to use and you don't need to use all the features if you feel it becomes too much of a clutter or already have those covered by other addons.
    Yeah, i have here: ProtWarBar to see how many my SB will absorb before use and freebAbsorbTracker-0.2 (from wow-interface, i guess) to track the time/absorb remaining after use. Both work very well.

>>Heroic Sha "P2 help"!: i was watching some tank POV on last phase of Heroic Sha and i saw the Dread Thrash don't have a "big frequence" (thx god), so... just this time i pop hard cd? like SW or any other healing CD...

And about talents and stats. I reforge everything to get 15% exp (14,53). i want try have this control of my rage and my talents are the tipical of all... BloodBath, safeguard, dragon roar... dunno if Avatar worth in this situation, maybe is just to push p1.
    Have any talent and glyph "indispensable" for this fight?

ps: forgive my english D:

Deleted
    Provided your priest (if you have one) isn't too busy healing huddle just get him to throw a shield on you right as the boss gets dread thrash and its perfectly possible to survive it with just shield block up

Due to its infrequency you can have Shield wall / Last stand up for every other one, using banner for an "oh snap" moment, and having demo shout on every single one

I would highly suggest if you are playing a warrior tank to have your offtanks soak the naked debuff and just let yourself handle the thrashes and the main part of the fight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3AS_ow7PZU

That is a video of our kill from a DK tank's PoV but he has my health bar shown very clearly, warrior is really rock solid for that boss and I only die once at the end due to a combination of horrible luck on the thrash and the fight being pretty hectic at that stage:P

For talents I would highly suggest bloodbath as its such a long fight you really will see the benefit of its DPS upgrade over Avatar, I would REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY suggest hardcapping expertise for this fight, especially if you plan to tank the sha for the whole fight as you really need to time your blocks with the thrash otherwise you just will die, no question. You should also have a good timer for shield block up so you can see exactly when its going to run out, as this can sync exactly when dread thrash is going out and miss being able to block the whole thing by a fraction of a second, which was responsible for my death in the fight
    If such a situation does arise where block is going to run out before a thrash and you cant refresh it, its SO important to have enough rage to dump into barrier so that you just don't gibbed

For the safeguard thing, I wouldn't advise it at all, as with the Naked debuff, intervening one hit will take you down to around 20% if you have barrier running, so 2 hits is a big no no^^ Just go with vigilance which if you aren't tanking the boss full time, can be used on whoever gets the thrash or if you are on the boss full time, you can use it on a healer if they get huddle as that can be a bit of a pain if you get RNG'ed in the face and get 4-5 Healers with huddle a few times in a row

And yeah, dragon roar:P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    I probably should have worded it better, i dont care if its fun or not...

How does it stack up against the other alternatives ? (block, armor)
    What is the uptime ?
    Is it 20% reduction on a specific amount of damage taken ? Bit unsure about the "damage taken for $137593d".
    Its not an alternative, you get both.

Deleted
    What is the best enchant right now, Rivers song or Dancing steel for Heroic encounters in raids?

Deleted
    Depends on the fight, really

I tend to go with Dancing Steel as the extra strength is nice and there isn't really a fight this tier that you really need the river song dodge for
    Last edited by mmocae83d35844; 2013-01-28 at 12:27 AM.

For tanking heroic Gara'jal, do you all recommend I use Shield Block more or Shield Barrier? I unfortunately don't have logs...

Also, please feel free to take a look at my armory and point out any improvements I could make - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nheim/advanced

Deleted
    Block, whole reason warrior is OP on that fight is that you can block the shadow attacks= P Your vengeance doesn't really get high enough to merit going for barrier so I would just keep maximum uptime on Block and if you are able to, cover with barrier when possible without sacrificing block uptime

Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    I don't have an addon per say, but I suggest you use WeakAuras anyway as it and myself are currently engaged and on our honeymoon... seriously its an amazing addon
    Here is a script for it that you can import that will show you your barrier duration and size

Also here is my one that appears underneath it for easy tracking of Shield Block uptime so you know exactly if you need to barrier or not
    hmm strange, i got some errors while importing the strings.
    13/13

Monk

Deleted
    Hmm try these two;

Barrier
    dGJvdaGAqIwpisVgK0mfknxeLzRIpbs5BsQDIs7LSBrTFjQFIinmk1VfCBkXGLGHlrESu5uGOCmv1XbjSqHCykwScw UspuOYtHwMk1Zf5ViXurXKLY0bUOqXPr1LP66GAJivBdHnRkBhrCsqyAk6ZusFhKQXHuEMcnAvY4ruDjHQUfs6AsY5 LqJcevNtQ6MGiwFXiKleImW3NPZjdIUqorgptcL0f3pnk21ctc37(BHwe2e2eJWHW28nY0b12gkjmAHtxERCbiXbMJ WUWjSIrSFX(f7Ty)IDuSFXof7xaHfj99soq0Pw3phPvn2p)Fcc75upQZkHnEQ0XuKXjheR)acJpjeSCRw9vmcnWGq3 jKDnieo5uGZCGIeMnw8Kye7xiEX9tRCHiZUCFfqya6zsZNIksiCYPKnwCfjmbp0fGZafjmBS4cXlUFALlez2L7RWSX ItjuYxdiScF8CdYHw8jObzcHZojEgi0adccFWNtQZKvKachmBCHtyfJyNIEDfbH9SEAt87Ne0OPh1QrbeMHTWSCRw9 nj2VWlNB9ci6e3vZ((AIQpXyT94xpQtAcpbttmc3WXfJqlWhaxmciGacdWGdp7ks4qyB(ICi1f7DTWHW28vrchcBZ3 yAwDHiuaBwVCH4oUjlCDR8qMPyjxObEndMvycy6GAsdc5DHmLeV5cJng6mcHs4eG)kkm2yOZiCiSnFj99soqS1cbo5 a41fgh)eeYBcXlUFALlez2L7RqZP0Lr0Pz)jM213210QTNet9Ownke68g4s0jii(veJ)7rAFcB7PEuNvcB8uPJPiJt oqy8jHdHT5le5KdeBVqYj99soq0Pwv1t7(Myoo2Fx1p71J6CkGqJyeIxC)0kxiYSl3xHqKb((mDozq0fYjY4zsOKU4 (PrXUwaHKi2)02waja
    Block
    dGJrdaGAvj16vczBanturZfvy2kCtvj6Bs0orP9s2TuTFr4NiOHHQ(nvUnQ0GfPgUi6XIQtPkHJb44kHAHIYHP0Ivf lxLhsvYtHwMeEUKUSWurQjlLPd6IkbNMINPKUok2is8jvPAZQQTJqoPs00uQptv8DvPmkvj5ViQrRiJhH6suL6wiY1 OQoVizCkQZHKEncSaeTqJWLDyCFBEWXYCxVYHPte56KjgnY8LcRcVcQfc5kSjSjAHog4W0dLj8XDT4YS5e0oxsHzht DkAjs)YaAhcZDd3jAXciwaXwiwaXUkwaXUflGGcBMAYHnfDqmuO3vHWZ4XtCIwOLb6YhUEOhHFMXOMB7ktitpik6qH wgOtO7ToH9rkLjKPgKz6gOYeYudYDl3qzc7wUHqCYeJwI0zdxobc7wUbzxY4Sq3j8B6Tx9U313FHWULBufTybeItMy 0sKoZENjobfu4J98YnCNOf7wuk9bb53LBEqaQBW5z9j5VkOWMPMCytrhed5m(qHExfMIW)VgqrH08Sp)8AbWk4k4Ua auFsBFHdNTjAHNBeIwixMb0iAbfuqHet4)xdOOqY3N6Crb4EDLAHp1nv9jT3cTJKtwrzMhaCZxwWxoxYVb36tYFvyf AZjOQhHpURfNYe(4UwCl08ecXfZyVirAVgHTl8cpgxNovYqOL5Sp2t4J7AXHMffITOuOj31jxnTqiNlqHwimigYCHq VmdNWh31IJW)VgqXwk81mvO5NsiNlqHwOPjeNmXOLiD2WLtGW3mn4KOaccc4dUcuSodaYZV1N02x4J7AXTSxdOyPkS ZWL(mE8exvSacNcJNjOO4x6Vb5lak9PoxccaQpP9SGcTIwiozIrlr6m7DM4eUSdJ7BZdowM76vomDIixNmXOrMVuqH ejwGnpVGsa