Page 27 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    Block, whole reason warrior is OP on that fight is that you can block the shadow attacks= P Your vengeance doesn't really get high enough to merit going for barrier so I would just keep maximum uptime on Block and if you are able to, cover with barrier when possible without sacrificing block uptime
    That's what I was figuring as well. Thank you

Looking at my armory, is there anything you see that I could do to improve, gemming / enchanting wise? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nheim/advanced I want to be the absolute best I can for my team and get us this kill tonight.

Deleted
    I would suggest using reforgelite as you are quite a bit over the hit cap and putting that into expertise would help your survivability a little bit. I've always been a strong advocate of expertise hardcap aswell so I would probably suggest going that way aswell ^^

So I was finally afforded the opportunity to raid with my lil warrior. For the most part I was only able to maintain about 50 - 60% avoidance/mitigation on Will (regular). This seems low to me, I don't think I should be eating 40% of the damage on this fight. The healer assigned to me was a druid and we also had a disc priest putting an occasional shield on me. I wish I had some logs to provide but sadly I don't. I was maxing out my rage during the combo and then chaining shield block through the melee swings when I could.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...is/Wolp/simple

Also, is there a site I can go to that provides tanking numbers from certain tiers that I can use as a comparison?
    Last edited by mongoose6; 2013-01-30 at 02:44 PM.

Deleted
    @Mongoose6
    As long as you pool rage during combos and use Sblock while they bash your head in you are doing it right. The damage these guys is pumping out is quite something else.
    If you have trouble with the uptime of shield block you could reforge to 15% expertise. Remember to use Demo shout and reapply thunderclaps to mitigate some more damage. If you do the dance correctly the rest of the fight is up to your healers to handle really.

Happy dancing!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    I would suggest using reforgelite
    Totaly agree on this but before you make the changes look over all of them! I started to make changes down the list so helm, neck, shoulders etc etc... I got to my boots and saw Mastery to Spirit reforge request from the addon ... I just sat there looking at the screen whie my eye twitched!

:P

Deleted
    Hey guys! What's Warrior tanking like these days? Is it still as bloody fun as it was throughout WotLK and Cataclysm? :-)

I think it's even more fun.

Deleted
    I was about to say the same. It is awesome with new active mitigation mechanic but i'd love to see Melee attacks(and so on: haste and crit) to give us some rage as they do for Guardian Druids because Warriors rage compared to Druid's is insanely low. It would let warriors to use SBlock each time it is availble(e.g) and use Sbarrier as a regural "active" mitigation/absorb.
    Last edited by mmoc26d9401f3f; 2013-02-04 at 02:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sathil View Post
    It would let warriors to use SBlock each time it is availble(e.g) and use Sbarrier as a regural "active" mitigation/absorb.
    Yeah... How about no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mest View Post
    Hey guys! What's Warrior tanking like these days? Is it still as bloody fun as it was throughout WotLK and Cataclysm? :-)
    Hi Mest, nice to see you're still interested in this awesome class !

Prot Warrior in MoP is (IMO) one of the best tanking gameplays right now (and even since the very first patch, Vanilla), and this, both fun factor and effectiveness -wise. It really is better than what we used to have in Cata.

Our lack of CDs back then is completely a thing of the past now, and the same goes for Rage starvation issues, weakness against magical damage, lack of some sort of reliable self-healing ability, etc... All those are now well balanced across the board, and Prot Warrior's Shield Barrier is simply one of the best Active Mitigation tools out there - if not simply the best.

Don't hesitate to give it a shot, if you were wondering - you might fall in love with it again ; )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by L Kebess View Post
    Hi Mest, nice to see you're still interested in this awesome class !
    Yo! What are you talking about? Are there other classes?

Quote Originally Posted by L Kebess View Post
    Prot Warrior in MoP is (IMO) one of the best tanking gameplays right now (and even since the very first patch, Vanilla), and this, both fun factor and effectiveness -wise. It really is better than what we used to have in Cata.

Our lack of CDs back then is completely a thing of the past now, and the same goes for Rage starvation issues, weakness against magical damage, lack of some sort of reliable self-healing ability, etc... All those are now well balanced across the board, and Prot Warrior's Shield Barrier is simply one of the best Active Mitigation tools out there - if not simply the best.

Don't hesitate to give it a shot, if you were wondering - you might fall in love with it again ; )
    Hm, correct me if I'm wrong, but is playing a Protection Warrior essentially a game where you maximize rage generation and dump it into either short physical or magical resistance? Are there opportunities for other decisions (like, offensive) to spend rage?

You can spend rage on execute(it's freaking amazing). And of course the normal heroic strike/cleave.

Deleted
    It is like that, however I think they need to emphasize that a bit more and shift a bit more of our damage towards heroic strike

Deleted
    I'd prefer if heroic strike would either deal considerable more damage (especially after the tfb nerfs, maybe even 50% more but not working with colossus any longer to make up for that) or would work like druid's maul (reducing damage on the next melee attack for any target, thus even while offtanking), right now i feel like i'm gimping myself if i hit hs instead of shield block (due to glyph -> 50% more shield slam damage plus more rage via crit blocks). Damage wise... multi target i feel like a little god, spamming revenge/shield slam/barrier nonstop but on regular single target tank and spank fight 9 second cooldown on revenge (+rng) feels really lackluster, fishing for sword'n'board proccs most of the time and fighting an uphill battle versus a crit/haste geared brewmaster in omen *arf*.

Quote Originally Posted by Emenius View Post
    You can spend rage on execute(it's freaking amazing).
    Sadly i can only execute during a phase when any boss tend to get red and angry, already putting a bigger burden on my healer.

@mongoose6
    If Will still gives you some problems: pool your rage during the end of the dance and try to keep shield block up as much as possible, always use a cooldown or ask for one (sac, painsup, ironbark, etc and don't forget about healthstones). Funny fact: heroic mode is easier (from a tank pov) because dance last twice as long, greatly decreasing the window you actually have to tank the bosses.

Ps: really looking forward to glyphed victory rush/impending victory with 5.2 (+tier 15 bonus) - compared to the selfdefense/healing tools of a monk or a dk i feel rather poor right now. After spending my rage on barrier or block i can only use shieldwall/laststand/demoshout and afterwards wait for *something* so happen because we regulary use raidshout/banner in our raidcooldown rotation. And luckily it's only 2 piece so it won't take us forever until we got our pieces together (rng still hates 10m raider, haha).
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2013-02-05 at 12:23 AM.

Thanks for all the advice on Will, I'm now a ballroom dancer. Heroic leap works wonders for those "Oh crap i'm gonna get eat this one" moments.
    I must say, I really enjoy tanking with my warrior. I used to like it in Cata but always felt a little cheated by not having good magic mitigation. Now that we have shield barrier and the new active mitigation tanking model, I freakin' love it. No real point to this comment, just wanted to express how freakin' awesome warrior tanks are!

Deleted
    Good man, yeah its really good fun ^^

Question: How are Prots moving forward?

I'm currently a Brewmaster and having a bit of trouble during raids with spike damage (I guess I'm just not very skillful for that class). I know currently Warriors are one of the best progression Tanks out their, as well they seemingly have an abundance of mitigation abilities ontop of having actual plate armor so I'm thinking of giving them a go.

Deleted
    Well, its a damage reduction tank which relies on consistent damage reduction, hence why its so strong for progression along with paladin
    Also they both have really nice raid CD's such as AM or Rally

The thing with brewmaster is it is so gear dependent for progression in the next tier you will need near full BiS from this tier to reach the point of being really strongly viable
    It's an avoidance tank by nature and that tends to mean inconsistency at low gear levels, trouble is... consistency is exactly what you need for progression

Deleted
    I'm mainly a Fury warrior, but recently my guild has asked me to get a Prot set. Is there a particular pre-raid set that someone would recommend gearing for,at least to begin with?
    Last edited by mmoc5a460f7641; 2013-02-11 at 09:31 AM.

The thing is, you will always be squishier then a warrior. i have a brewmaster 499–502 ilvl, very good gear, really and i have an alt prot warrior ilvl 476.
    all my healers are happier with the warrior. princess add phase is a piece of cake compared to the brewmaster. but for me, brewmaster is more fun. you do very much dps, have a high aggro, self heal and the raid heal is good. so now i'm stuck between those two classes.
    it's really hard to make a decision.

to add something about brewmasters and "skill" there is nothing to it. people making it up because GC said so. there is no "more or less" skill dependence with that class. you have 3 skills to look after. all the other stuff is situational. look at the energy bar, look at your chi, gaining chi with jab and keg, spend you chi for Blackout Kick, have your 30 sec. tiger buff up and use elusive brew when you need it. thats all. i think, with all that CD stuff a prot warrior does have there is more stuff to look at.
    Last edited by siccora; 2013-02-11 at 10:10 AM.
    13/13

Monk