Page 33 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Show me how plz!
    tank dps always been my strong point but cant seem to rank for shit this expo(10man)
    You need to beat your keyboard like a machine gun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by idefiler6 View Post
    You need to beat your keyboard like a machine gun.
    Its true, watch some of my video's and watch bartender light up lol

Playing Piano DOES help with warrior DPS

those adds from horridon is stupid to aggro ¬¬
    is only with me?!

Deleted
    Depends which door you are tanking, some the doors have little adds such as the ice one which are untankable

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    Depends which door you are tanking, some the doors have little adds such as the ice one which are untankable
    I really enjoyed wathcing my offtank run after them and getting frustrated and yelling at DPS to stop overagroing...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeanathus View Post
    I really enjoyed wathcing my offtank run after them and getting frustrated and yelling at DPS to stop overagroing...
    Do as I do and yell "Y U NO THREAT" over vent

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    Do as I do and yell "Y U NO THREAT" over vent
    Well, you should have heard our healers aswell, "WHY IS THERE A MOB ON ME?!?! FUCKING TANKS". I had to hold hands after that wipe and explain the mobs once again (I tanked Herpadurperdino on the frost door so I somewhat kept quite hehe)

Edit: Actually, now i think about it, my 2nd offtank get's to do this tonight, i'm going to bust his balls on that door

Question about Jin'Rokh, our guild's other tank and I tried our best not to get any of the static discharges to the rest of the raid by balancing the taunt rotation around static wound or whatever it's called. Is it possible to do so? No matter how hard we tried, there were still times where we both had the debuff at the same time.

There will be a small period of overlap, usually only ~5 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Affdeus View Post
    those adds from horridon is stupid to aggro ¬¬
    is only with me?!
    Had the same issue on the first couple of pulls. We just rotated the entire fight 45 degrees. So we'd pull Horridon to the 2nd door once the first door opened and had people stack halfway between them (pulled him to the third for phase 2, etc). All the adds came from the same side relative to the raid and made a beeline for the healers behind me, so I just intercepted their path. The Dinomancer spawned right on top of us every time for quick easy deeps, and adds never ran rampant.

So much easier with everything coming from the same direction.
    It's the next best thing to being a Prot Paladin and having so much healing aggro that you don't need to pay attention to adds. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    Question about Jin'Rokh, our guild's other tank and I tried our best not to get any of the static discharges to the rest of the raid by balancing the taunt rotation around static wound or whatever it's called. Is it possible to do so? No matter how hard we tried, there were still times where we both had the debuff at the same time.
    The more stacks you've got the more damage it does.
    By the time the other tank gets the debuff, you'll be down to 3-4 stacks. Trivial damage, just take it like a man. Pop cooldowns if you wanna help, the raid damage is directly based on the damage you take iirc.

My guild has asked me to switch to prot. But I haven't tanked so far this expansion.

The other warrior in the guild told me he uses barrier all the time because he has 50%+ dodge/block/parry.
    However the guides I've read say that shield block is our most used mitigation ability.

Which of the two should be our most used spell?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    My guild has asked me to switch to prot. But I haven't tanked so far this expansion.

The other warrior in the guild told me he uses barrier all the time because he has 50%+ dodge/block/parry.
    However the guides I've read say that shield block is our most used mitigation ability.

Which of the two should be our most used spell?
    Depends highly on the encounters, loads of melee hits that can be blocked -> Shield Block (super high vengeance examples excluded like Empress Heroic where you're @ 500K Vengeance and get Barriers for over 1 million).

Dots & unblockable (magic or otherwise) damage -> Barrier

Deleted
    It also dictates your "healiness", if you hit shield block you won't be hitted for the next 6 seconds, you either avoid (100% damage reduction) or block (30% damage reduction on a block, 60% on a critical block) the next few attacks. With shield barrier you'll probably absorb the next hitting attack but no attacks after that. The big advantage of shield barrier = it works on everything, magical abilities and attacks that aren't designed for blocking (eg = Horridon's Triple Puncture).

Some things to consider:
    1) if you use shield block frequently you can glyph for it, noticeable (+50%) increasing your main ability shield slam.
    2) if you critical block you procc enrage, increasing your damage dealt (+10% for 6s) and it nets you 10 rage which also helps with maintaining your active mitigation.
    3) You can use shield barrier 'anytime', you almost always have 20 rage to spare while it's a tougher task to get to 60 rage for shield block from time to time. Shield barriers absorb scaling is linear, so there's no downside in using a 20 rage absorb shield *now* and working on a bigger shield after it's away.

I regulary use shield block to improve my damage dealt and use shield barrier on predictable bursts.

Ps: 500k vengeance = <500k absorb after the 5.2 nerfs. And block reduces damage percentage based so it's not weak at higher damage numbers, it's just different to heal.
    PPs: if you already have another warrior tanking with you consider a reroll, bringing the same tanking class twice compared to having different toolsets/raidcooldowns is like night and day.

Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    It also dictates your "healiness", if you hit shield block you won't be hitted for the next 6 seconds, you either avoid (100% damage reduction) or block (30% damage reduction on a block, 60% on a critical block) the next few attacks. With shield barrier you'll probably absorb the next hitting attack but no attacks after that. The big advantage of shield barrier = it works on everything, magical abilities and attacks that aren't designed for blocking (eg = Horridon's Triple Puncture).

Some things to consider:
    1) if you use shield block frequently you can glyph for it, noticeable (+50%) increasing your main ability shield slam.
    2) if you critical block you procc enrage, increasing your damage dealt (+10% for 6s) and it nets you 10 rage which also helps with maintaining your active mitigation.
    3) You can use shield barrier 'anytime', you almost always have 20 rage to spare while it's a tougher task to get to 60 rage for shield block from time to time. Shield barriers absorb scaling is linear, so there's no downside in using a 20 rage absorb shield *now* and working on a bigger shield after it's away.

I regulary use shield block to improve my damage dealt and use shield barrier on predictable bursts.

Ps: 500k vengeance = <500k absorb after the 5.2 nerfs. And block reduces damage percentage based so it's not weak at higher damage numbers, it's just different to heal.
    PPs: if you already have another warrior tanking with you consider a reroll, bringing the same tanking class twice compared to having different toolsets/raidcooldowns is like night and day.
    Cheers. As a beginner what would you recommend until I get some flexibility and experience. Save 60 rage for block or spam 20+ rage barriers (btw do they stack?). I am looking into heroics and raid finder bosses.
    /edit or 60 rage barriers? I know you can't probably have a generic rule, because each situation is special. However which would you say does the most damage reduction most of the cases and which is used less?

The other warrior really wanted to play dps, which is why I am being forced to play prot since I dont mind either spec. The main tank is a druid.
    Last edited by Kreeshak; 2013-03-15 at 05:54 PM.

Deleted
    Barriers don't stack and cant overwrite each other if you try to recast and it has a lower value than the first

The thing that will keep you alive most is block, work on getting that to maximum uptime and using barrier on unblockable damage

What ilvl would you guys say would be required to start tanking throne of thunder? Quit raiding on my brewmaster since it became quite boring, so didnt really have any problem with the ilvl since i had heroic raiding gear from t14. Think my warrior is at 470 atm or something ridicilous, so i have no idea what would be a good ilvl to start with.

I would also like to ask if there is a source that ranks the mop tanking trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    I would also like to ask if there is a source that ranks the mop tanking trinkets.
    There is no BIS trinket list. They vary from fight to fight and even then, most tanks will have their own opinion. Go through the top geared tanks on Wowprogress and I bet there are plenty of different combinations.

I plan on using 1 exp and 1 stam pretty regularly but I will have 2 exp and 2 stam for switching depending on the boss.

The top 5 geared warrior tanks are all using completely different combinations. None of us have the same.

Raxxed: http://www.wowprogress.com/character...rthilas/Raxxed

Myself: http://www.wowprogress.com/character...adowmoon/Gliff

Nakkiel: http://www.wowprogress.com/character/us/akama/Nakkiel

Materblaster: http://www.wowprogress.com/character...a/Materblaster

Riverune: http://www.wowprogress.com/character...trasz/Riverune

Deleted
    iLevel certainly doesn't come into play when deciding trinkets and I'm frankly shocked and a bit worried that you would cite "best geared warriors" as the ones that know what they are doing, with the exception of Raxxed because he is one of the few warriors on this forum that do genuinely know what they are doing *tips hat*
    Especially given that for most fights in the previous tier double stamina was the way to go and they had 476 and 489 ilevels respectively you cannot go off gear alone as frankly, the ones in the previous tier (and this carries on slightly into this tier) with the highest item level were the ones doing it wrong and demonstrates a rather significant and alarming oversight into the whole situation

For me, double stamina is the way to go during progress and will be until the next tier at least when going full mastery will possibly be viable, provided the bosses don't hit ridiculously hard, on a linear scale comparative to Horridon Heroic

#1 Soul Barrier (albeit fairly awful on use has massive passive stamina)
    #2 Jade Figurine or Shado-pan trinket from the previous Tier, or alternatively the Ji-Kun's or Fortitude of the Zandalari depending on the fight in question
    Last edited by mmocae83d35844; 2013-03-17 at 07:39 AM.

Heroic Tortos:
    yo! any tips for H.Torto? i have to tank bats and... always try keep the debuff(buff) with max stacks (Crystal Shell: Full Capacity!) without success.
    This job is for healers but i want to soothe this ;!@#~.
    And my dps on add as tank look so.... soooooooooooooo shit btw D:
    I'm really frustrated with this fat turtle ¬ ¬

log