Page 34 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    #1 Soul Barrier (albeit fairly awful on use has massive passive stamina)
    #2 Jade Figurine or Shado-pan trinket from the previous Tier, or alternatively the Ji-Kun's or Fortitude of the Zandalari depending on the fight in question
    I'm still doing MSv in hopes of getting my figurine

iLevel certainly doesn't come into play when deciding trinkets and I'm frankly shocked and a bit worried that you would cite "best geared warriors" as the ones that know what they are doing, with the exception of Raxxed because he is one of the few warriors on this forum that do genuinely know what they are doing *tips hat*
    Especially given that for most fights in the previous tier double stamina was the way to go and they had 476 and 489 ilevels respectively you cannot go off gear alone as frankly, the ones in the previous tier (and this carries on slightly into this tier) with the highest item level were the ones doing it wrong and demonstrates a rather significant and alarming oversight into the whole situation

For me, double stamina is the way to go during progress and will be until the next tier at least when going full mastery will possibly be viable, provided the bosses don't hit ridiculously hard, on a linear scale comparative to Horridon Heroic

#1 Soul Barrier (albeit fairly awful on use has massive passive stamina)
    #2 Jade Figurine or Shado-pan trinket from the previous Tier, or alternatively the Ji-Kun's or Fortitude of the Zandalari depending on the fight in question
    It was just an easy way to pick 5 warriors who have been through throne and probably have the largest choice of trinkets to pick from. I could show Kaywarrior, Grafarion and Sco (the 3 warriors that come to mind as the highest progressed generally) but Grafarion guit and Kaywarrior is playing his prot Paladin so they are not much use.

My point is that there is no general BIS list and showing examples of variation between some warriors means more then you just saying double stam is better because you say so. Saying people were doing it wrong is your opinion. There is no "wrong" way of doing trinkets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    There is no "wrong" way of doing trinkets.
    Wow... well.... I'll let peer review see to that little gem:P

Wow... well.... I'll let peer review see to that little gem:P
    You have yet to give me 1 reason double stam is blindly better then anything else. The difference between you and I is I am not saying you are wrong that double stam is good/the best but you are saying it is and that other ones do not have an argument for being good/the best.

There is no absolutes with trinkets.

Deleted
    You have yet to give me 1 reason double stam is blindly better then anything else. The difference between you and I is I am not saying you are wrong that double stam is good/the best but you are saying it is and that other ones do not have an argument for being good/the best.

There is no absolutes with trinkets.
    I dont think he's saying that, mind you there are plenty of "wrong" trinkets. Double stam is fine, sta + avoidance is fine imo for 10man. double avoidance... i dont think i'd ever go that route... does that make it wrong... i gues not if your healers are king...

Going for DPS trinket though, seems silly to me, but i've always felt it's our job to take as little damage as possible, and not do as much deeps as you can.

Deleted
    The thing about stamina trinkets, is that we usually need more stamina than the one the gear have. If you want to get it from your gems, you are using 240 sta vs 320 stat gems. If you get it from trinkets, you are getting 1.5 stam vs 1 stats. All in all you get double the stamina paying the same price of secondaries using stam trinkets instead of gemmming it (ie, 320 secondary stat = 240 sta in gems, 480 in trinkets).

So unless the use/proc is stunningly better on 2 non-sta trinkets, or you have too much ilvl for the encounter, stam trinkets have the advantage this expansion.

PD: I don't see anything bad on using "dps" trinkets if the stat they give are str/exp/hit. Look at the shado-pan rep trinkets. The dps one gives more mitigation stats than the tank one, on top of more damage. Using crit trinkets unless the boss hit softly is probably too much on progression, but we do have a heavy responsability on the dps we bring. Str is a better stat for tanks than parry. It's part of the job now.

Deleted
    Urgh, I wish sta trinkets never got added. During Wotlk it was always going to be sitting on the last tiers (or heroics) sta trinket until you got the new one. At least with "worse" stat trinkets (depending on your raid (10/25)) you could of had a bit more choice on the matter. Just one of them things that was good at the time, but should of been revised.

Deleted
    There is no "wrong" way of doing trinkets.
    I used a coin on our Roboto kill tonight... And i think blizzard found i way to make you eat those words since it gave me....

Delicate Vial of the Sanguinaire

I somehow feel insulted it's even on the table for me to get from a coin...

Deleted
    Well it's almost 600 mastery rating after reforging and maybe 0.7% dodge (after those horriful DRs), but i dodged only 124 times over a whole night of raiding (clearing up 3/4 of the instance). At 100% procrate that'd be 48 minutes uptime, but at measly 4% proc chance that would add up (assuming all stars lined up perfectly) to < 2 minutes of procc.

While 8800 mastery is a huge number it's nothing we ever could rely on, sadly this trinket is just garbage for us. Either look for plain stamina (see discussion a few posts above), mediocre but reliable proccs (several trinkets of last tier have an uptime of 25-40%) or controllable on use buffs.

Anyone was lucky enough to pick up a Ji-Kun's Rising Winds Trinket yet - http://www.wowhead.com/item=94527? Due to the low amount of healing i was hoping that it might scale with attackpower (vengeance!), butr before i pick it up i'd like to get a clarification on that. Else it's probably just worse than the rep-trinket with expertise.
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2013-03-18 at 04:31 PM.

Deleted
    For multi target fights its actually pretty decent, but there need to be quite a few adds though... from testing it pretty quickly and not having done any maths on it, I would say roughly 7 mobs to make it viable

Sadly there aren't really any fights this tier that it would have much use on, on Horridon there just aren't enough adds up at any given time even on heroic and on heroic the boss just simply hits too hard to warrant using anything other than double stam

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    Anyone was lucky enough to pick up a Ji-Kun's Rising Winds Trinket yet - http://www.wowhead.com/item=94527? Due to the low amount of healing i was hoping that it might scale with attackpower (vengeance!), butr before i pick it up i'd like to get a clarification on that. Else it's probably just worse than the rep-trinket with expertise.
    Got it, and no, doesn't seem to scale with anything. Heals what the tooltip says.

which enchant on back do you suggest for a tailoring warrior?

200 stamina or 4000 ap (from tailoring)?

cheers

Deleted
    Honestly, I'd probably say the AP

Deleted
    Honestly, I'd probably say the AP
    I'm with eddy on this one, 200stamina thus what? 2.5K health of 4K ap i'd take the AP simply for the extra dps. Some fights it might be worth changing if it turns out your HP pool is to low but i'd try and gain the 200 stamina elsewhere and keep the 4k where i'd be able.

Deleted
    It's no 4000 AP flat, it has ~ 25% uptime so it's only ~ 1000 AP on average. To be honest i'd drop tailoring and pick up another profession where you don't have to decide between a hitpoints puffer and a damage increasing enchant - at least for a tanking role.

Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    It's no 4000 AP flat, it has ~ 25% uptime so it's only ~ 1000 AP on average. To be honest i'd drop tailoring and pick up another profession where you don't have to decide between a hitpoints puffer and a damage increasing enchant - at least for a tanking role.
    I was wondering why a warrior would want tailoring anyway...

Deleted
    All metrosexual warriors take Tailoring, its 2013 man

Hard to knit while wearing plate gauntlets

While we're on the subject, I'm in a unique position where I have the capitol to level any proffesion I want. Our raid team's number one problem is a lack of dps so my tank deeps needs to be as high as possible. What would be some good professions for a tank that wants to smash stuff real good? I'm mainly looking for a bit of modularity so I can quickly swap between high mitigation and high damage from fight to fight.

Alchemy or jewelcrafting?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    Hard to knit while wearing plate gauntlets

While we're on the subject, I'm in a unique position where I have the capitol to level any proffesion I want. Our raid team's number one problem is a lack of dps so my tank deeps needs to be as high as possible. What would be some good professions for a tank that wants to smash stuff real good? I'm mainly looking for a bit of modularity so I can quickly swap between high mitigation and high damage from fight to fight.
    If you want to swap between fights, Alchemy indeed. But If I were to level professions from scratch, I would take Blacksmith (let you choose between primary and secondary stats, it doubles the bonus on secondaries) and JW (let you choose between primary and secondary stats). Personally, I wouldn't take them looking at dps. Professions are a non-factor.

Maybe I would take LW for the always welcome drums of speed, plus exchange of the bracer enchant for additional sta. Plus the very possible chance of JW ending screwed again when epic gems appear.

PD: 2-bonus + Victory rush glyph are nicer than I expected. 30% heals each ~20s? I have specced Second Wind now.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2013-03-20 at 11:07 PM.