Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If dps casters get benefits to healing from pvp power like healers do, they should just remove that. Imo dps classes should only get damage and healers should only get healing from pvp power.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Those casters run oom fast from self healing. The Warriors self healing wasn't too bad. The only issue I see is Ret Paladins with no cooldown for WoG/EF BUT he didn't Tranq shot anything in these videos which would of helped alot against that Ret using Eternal Flame. Also didn't notice but I'm sure he didn't use Widow Venom, and he certainly didn't do much to interrupt the healing.
    tranq shot would help a little yeah but that's in a 1vs1 situation. In real 3vs3 arena you're not going to use the global to tranq shot the hybrid who's offhealing, you have to use those globals to dump damage into the kill target while the healer is cced, but now that's not an option with the ridiculous hybrid offhealing so you essentially have to cc 2 healers before you even attempt at a kill.

I don't think he used widow venom either but saying he didn't do much to interrupt the healing, i have to question your sight or if you actually watched the video past the ret part.

---------- Post added 2012-08-28 at 08:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Even if that shaman wasn't spamming it they would have run out pretty quick because last time I checked you can't kill your opponent by healing yourself. So at some point he would have to do something else. The video also claims he full healed from a single cast yet it clearly takes the shaman 2 casts to get to full from half
    HP.
    And the warrior, He bitches that the warrior is unkillable while killing it and never dropping below 80% himself.... yet I don't see hunters on his list for absurd self healing.
    he had to spam because zumio popped damage cds.... after they're done you don't have to spam and it's all easy from there.

But again that's not the point: think of it in a 3v3 point of view when you basically could have 3 healers on the team since the healing is so ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOCrS...&feature=g-u-u

really blizzard, did you learn nothing from cata?

Didn't expect to see you here :P

Quote Originally Posted by kensai666 View Post
    Haha indeed that was priceless. He's nuking guys who are spending every single GCD doing nothing but healing themselves and popping defensive CDs and they're going OOM in under a minute, and somehow that's a problem. Then he's completely destroying a Warrior who can't even scratch the Hunter and whining how a HoT at 35% is unbearable and should be removed so that the Hunter can do a flawless 100-0 every time. This Hunter who made this video is just another baddie with an agenda.

I could make a three hours long movie about how there's absolutely nothing balanced in the MoP Hunter design, it's essentially a melee class with a 40 yard range, completely overpowered by its very foundations, but if that's fine by Blizzard I can live with it. I don't go crying and screaming for attention like this kid here.
    which of them went oom? Please link me the time on the video. Cause if i'm watching the same video none of them went below 50% before his cds were over.

the warrior was a bit weird, i dont think that needed pointing out i agree.

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    The shaman was burning mana like crazy and would have been out completely in seconds if they were actually attacking. Then he beats a warrior in a duel while bitching about how unkillable they are... I'm sure there was more but I could only make it to his third example before it became obvious he's an idiot.
    The Shaman complaints are pretty terrible and at the end when he talks about the Enhancement glyph that increases healing hurt his credibility greatly because the glyph is there to make up for the fact that Enhance lost Greater healing wave malestroms that they have for free on live. Now Enhance has to glyph to make up for the removal of GHW in MoP.

The complaints about not being able to kill Warriors while easily killing the warrior seems silly, imo. Ret self healing in competitive PvP is terrible. No one will take Eternal flame because it can be purged and spellstolen. Cool, use 3 Holy power to get it instantly purge or get snatched by a Mage, I hear Mages love HoTs. Tunnel the Ret, GG.

that Ele shaman was almost oom in 3 seconds of healing. The Boomer and Spriest are the only legit complaints imo as they both either get free healing procs. Boomkins get clearcasting and Spriest has ridic mana regen tools.

Deleted
    Self healing from a PvP perspective should just go altogether.

Paladins can't have sacred shield and eternal flame at the same time since they're on the same tier in the new talent-tree, the paladin in the video used sacred shield yet the guy talked about eternal flame. Still, Paladins have WoG, but it still costs holy power and the paladin will have to sacrifice using templars verdict for WoG. Also, the reason the paladin in the video can stand and chain cast WoG on himself without seemingly doing anything other than ranged attacks, is because the PvP 4-piece set bonus has a chance to give the paladin a charge of holy power when taking damage. So the paladin could just stand there, keeping Sacred Shield up to make sure the damage taken wasn't too big, casting Exorcism and Judgement on cd, giving him 1 charge of holy power per attack, in addition to the damage he took would give him enough holy power for a WoG.
    Last edited by Whiskra; 2012-08-28 at 07:24 PM.

You guys really don't see a problem with this self healing? I guess you don't see a problem with min-range on hunters gone, or a glyph to blink backwards a mage lol. So many ways that players can just derp around and survive for extended periods of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    You guys really don't see a problem with this self healing? I guess you don't see a problem with min-range on hunters gone, or a glyph to blink backwards a mage lol. So many ways that players can just derp around and survive for extended periods of time.
    Min range gone for Hunters only helps in arena where people constantly sit on you and los the Hunter. Hunters have like 2% arena rep above 2200, dont see this as an issue. Hunters have terrible def and you will still need to kite melee at all times to avoid getting rummaged. Change is no big deal at all.

Imo, all DPS self healing needs to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    And then there is this clip from the same author which shows how he kills all those classes with no problems whatsoever...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9nb1...feature=relmfu

Lets wait see how things turn out when MOP is live shall we. So far there are too much biased posts like this one, there is no point at arguing over this when MOP i just behind the corner. Im sure that if the healing is too OP, Blizzard will correct that fast.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.

so I have just seen the official patch notes from 5.04 and they are going live with 40% base damage reduction from other players. +resilience its 70%+. with the state of healing now it will be a month without honor cause no one will die. how did they even come to this in blizzard?

he still killed the warrior and he had like full hp all the time? i say hunter is broken too then
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    Min range gone for Hunters only helps in arena where people constantly sit on you and los the Hunter. Hunters have like 2% arena rep above 2200, dont see this as an issue. Hunters have terrible def and you will still need to kite melee at all times to avoid getting rummaged. Change is no big deal at all.

Imo, all DPS self healing needs to go.
    Well sure yeah, but what i'm trying to say is that it makes less experienced, or bad players, much more entitled to make mistakes. Think how bad a new hunter joining in MoP is going to be when they can beat someone by standing still and mashing arcane shot? Sure, it doesn't matter at high level play - But the general player base is just going to be appalling.

Quote Originally Posted by Tullkas View Post
    so I have just seen the official patch notes from 5.04 and they are going live with 40% base damage reduction from other players. +resilience its 70%+. with the state of healing now it will be a month without honor cause no one will die. how did they even come to this in blizzard?
    Yeah but PvP power increases the damage you do to other players which will hopefully even things out.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard doesn't care about arena or pvp. They've managed to ignore an entire community for a whole expansion.

Disgusting. This is why I'm unsubbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxray View Post
    Blizzard doesn't care about arena or pvp. They've managed to ignore an entire community for a whole expansion.

Disgusting. This is why I'm unsubbed.
    It's not that they don't care - They just suck at caring lol.

But it must be one hell of a task to balance 11 classes, 34 specs both for pvp and pve and in as many different areas as possible - Even if they did manage to balance it at one stage - The next patch or expansion would cause them to have to re-work the entire system again.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2012-08-28 at 08:00 PM.

Not sure what this video is supposed to prove?

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOCrS...&feature=g-u-u

really blizzard, did you learn nothing from cata?
    If you are asking blizzard this question then why are you on here asking it? I'm confused.

Do me a favor and don't correct my spelling/grammar. I browse this site with a cell phone. Try harder next time to be an ass.

I dont understand how can anyone defend these discusting healing levels.

Even if you play one of the god mode classes like retri@lolheals you will get bored fast because non healers will stop playing, you will end up with 30m warsongs where nobody dies ever.

Some players think being god mode broken is fun and dont realize their fun is going to end later in the game if the imbalances continue.
    Last edited by darthades; 2012-08-28 at 08:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PureGenius View Post
    Not sure what this video is supposed to prove?
    Reading the title might give you a hint!