Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Julio Jones needs to get 43.09 points for me to win. Totally going happen.

off to an 0-2 start, this is gonna be a brutal season. I feel like the Saints, people were expecting so much more from me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I be the Cardinals? Even I'm baffled I'm 2-0.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Went 1-2 again this week. Blargh. I pride myself on usually making good in season personnel moves to sub in for injuries and I just totally biffed it this week. I had Garcon to replace on two teams and just totally dropped the ball both times. One league it was Amendola or Aldrick Robinson, I went Robinson, totally failed. Other league I tried James Jones, totally failed but luckily I didn't start him. I then dropped and replaced him with Nelson from Buffalo who promptly put up an identical -.1 score as Jones would have. Just awful.

---------- Post added 2012-09-18 at 01:22 PM ----------

Going through the survival picks for this weekend, I don't think there is a single game I want a piece of lol. New Orleans is getting huge support to beat KC, like 30% of votes for the whole week so far are the Saints. That seems absurd to me. Yes the Saints are a desperate team, but so are the Chiefs. Saints are at home, but man this just screams one of those games where Charles and McCluster go off. San Fran over the Vikings is getting 23% of the action so far and that just seems like another potential trap game. Short week for the Niners, going East to play at 1 pm. Chicago over the Rams is getting about 12% which seems just dumb. I am not trusting Cutler to not blow a home game against a completely different looking Rams team. Giants/Panthers, Boys/Bucs, Browns/Bills, Jags/Colts, Fins/Jets, Skins/Bengals, Cards/Eagles, Broncos/Texans, Ravens/Pats, Hawks/Pack are all toss up games I could see going either way. That leaves Steelers over Oakland, Lions over Titans, and Falcons over Chargers as about the only games I fell comfortable picking a winner in and I am not that comfortable with the Steelers or Falcons and Lions is pure homerism even if I can't technically pick them since I did in week 1.

This is the week I do something stupid like pick the Seahawks based on their home field advantage and stellar defense and then they lose by 30 or go with Ryan Pickspatrick to beat a horrible Browns team and he totally shits his pants again. Happens every year, usually when I pick the Lions.

Ugh, my team is awful. Going to be a long season. My other league is not much better, except that I had a way better roster that is still sucking ass.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Delusional Cowboys fans are the best.
    I think a lot of fantasy owners do that they either pick a player or defense from their favorite team or they pick a player that played in their college at one point. Best to take the emotions out of your draft and pick who you know is going to be solid I would draft Tom Brady every year (I hate him) because he rarely has a bad game and if he does it's only going to be one maybe two a year

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish I could put Sproles as my #3 WR

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    I think a lot of fantasy owners do that they either pick a player or defense from their favorite team or they pick a player that played in their college at one point. Best to take the emotions out of your draft and pick who you know is going to be solid I would draft Tom Brady every year (I hate him) because he rarely has a bad game and if he does it's only going to be one maybe two a year
    To be fair, I drafted Seattle's D for a reason.. and I'd probably draft their special teams if it was even an option, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Yeah... I really wish I could say picking up Spiller wasn't simply fanboyism.
    Last edited by Irony; 2012-09-19 at 12:58 AM.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Going through the survival picks for this weekend, I don't think there is a single game I want a piece of lol. New Orleans is getting huge support to beat KC, like 30% of votes for the whole week so far are the Saints. That seems absurd to me. Yes the Saints are a desperate team, but so are the Chiefs. Saints are at home, but man this just screams one of those games where Charles and McCluster go off. San Fran over the Vikings is getting 23% of the action so far and that just seems like another potential trap game. Short week for the Niners, going East to play at 1 pm. Chicago over the Rams is getting about 12% which seems just dumb. I am not trusting Cutler to not blow a home game against a completely different looking Rams team. Giants/Panthers, Boys/Bucs, Browns/Bills, Jags/Colts, Fins/Jets, Skins/Bengals, Cards/Eagles, Broncos/Texans, Ravens/Pats, Hawks/Pack are all toss up games I could see going either way. That leaves Steelers over Oakland, Lions over Titans, and Falcons over Chargers as about the only games I fell comfortable picking a winner in and I am not that comfortable with the Steelers or Falcons and Lions is pure homerism even if I can't technically pick them since I did in week 1.

This is the week I do something stupid like pick the Seahawks based on their home field advantage and stellar defense and then they lose by 30 or go with Ryan Pickspatrick to beat a horrible Browns team and he totally shits his pants again. Happens every year, usually when I pick the Lions.
    I am in the same boat in my survival league. We had half the participants lose on last weeks New England debacle. I have used up CHI and HOU so far, and am very torn with this week. I agree with your feelings on the trap games of SF-MIN and NO-KC, which leaves very little in terms of locks. I want to play it safe now that so many people are out, but I don;t think I would go with either of the top 2 picked games. I would love to get the Lions out of the way, but road games are never easy. Plus I could see our run defense be just what CJ needs to have a big game. I think I have settled with a pick of the Cowboys over the Bucs. The Cowboys looked great week 1, but flopped in Seattle. I am hoping the first home game will be just what they need to come out guns blazing against a decent TB defense. But damn am I worried...

This week is serious mode for fantasy team, gotta get that win. Actually checking matchups and stats now, lets hope it has some sort of payoff. Dont wanna end up in last!

Anyone looking for some locks this week in survival pools I feel strongly that these teams will win:
    Chicago Bears
    Indianapolis Colts
    New York Jets
    Philadelphia Eagles
    San Francisco 49ers

If you chose one and it screws up you are more than welcome to blame me later or thank me if it works!

10+ Year Old Account
    I am glad that handcuff extraordinaire Michael Bush was still available at the end of the 11th round

How about that Andre Brown free agent pick up. It's about time one of my moves worked out.

Well I already made a mistake this week.. I forgot to come back and switch out Hakeem Nicks since he wasn't going to play last night. Just realized I forgot to do that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Well I already made a mistake this week.. I forgot to come back and switch out Hakeem Nicks since he wasn't going to play last night. Just realized I forgot to do that
    Does it not auto-sub if a player doesn't play? Thought I remember it doing that last time I played one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Does it not auto-sub if a player doesn't play? Thought I remember it doing that last time I played one.
    In my other league it doesn't, and thats also on yahoo. I had Austin Collie starting lol.

I was surprised to see Mario Manningham FA. Now I have like, almost all the 49ers...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    In my other league it doesn't, and thats also on yahoo. I had Austin Collie starting lol.

I was surprised to see Mario Manningham FA. Now I have like, almost all the 49ers...
    I dropped him after two really bad weeks. Could do better in FA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    I dropped him after two really bad weeks. Could do better in FA.
    My WRs aren't bad, but he will make a good backup I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fitzgerald is killing me so far

hopefully Amendola will give some steady production and I am happy to have WR/RB Harvin on both of my teams

Ryan Matthews is finally back and he was the intended to be the featured back of my team, so I have hopes I can turn the season around. Ahmad Bradshaw going down didnt do me any favors and Manning and Cutler stunk up the joint last week. Could use some of those monster Calvin Johnson games we were so used to seeing last season as well. Week 3 Redemption lets go!