Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    You turds had fantasy football and no one let me know?

*sob*

dang ti conscript, i was really hoping to squeak by into the #1 seed. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logonov View Post
    dang ti conscript, i was really hoping to squeak by into the #1 seed. :P
    There you go Log, no chance I can win tonight. No busting for the weakest link. I'm Appalachian State, you're not Michigan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man... 6-8. Couldn't even bumblefuck myself into a win tonight. Fucking Bryce Brown, 1.20 POINTS?!? Leave Demarco on the bench when he puts up 13.80 :<

That trade I made with Conscript obviously didn't go in my favour... MJD still out and Colston chose to never have a 10+ points week for the rest of the year.
    Last edited by Irony; 2012-12-11 at 02:38 AM.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Man... 6-8. Couldn't even bumblefuck myself into a win tonight. Fucking Bryce Brown, 1.20 POINTS?!? Leave Demarco on the bench when he puts up 13.80 :<

That trade I made with Conscript obviously didn't go in my favour... MJD still out and Colston chose to never have a 10+ points week for the rest of the year.
    So we traded MJD, Jennings, and Colston for Stevie Johnson and Shady McCoy. Since that trade on October 26th they have put up:
    MJD: 0 points
    Colston: 53.2 points
    Jennings: 31.8 points

Johnson:37.8 points (prior to me dropping him this week)
    McCoy: 38.1 points

So you got the slightly better pure points production out of the deal. Lets see how the wins would have worked out had we not done that trade.
    Week 8: You would have won regardless. I had Shady put up 18 points (9 more than Jennings would have). Colston only put up 6.3 points and I am certainly would have started him costing me 5 points more than likely. So I had a 14 point swing with Shady and not Colston lol. So I won this week because of the trade. Conscript 1-0, Irony 0-0
    Week 9: Shady put up 6 more points than Jennings, but Colston put up 4 more than the guy I started and 8 more than Johnson. You would have lost regardless of the trade and I would have dropped 140 instead of 142 so no result changes. Conscript 1-0, Irony 0-0
    Week 10: Shady put up 7.5 points over Jennings. Colston and Johnson put up the same points. I lost by 34 points and you won your game so results would stay the same. Conscript 1-0, Irony 0-0
    Week 11: Shady's last week of playing. Johnson had a few more points than Colston and Jennings was sucktastic. You would have won this week without the trade. I likely still would have won as well. Conscript 1-0, Irony 0-1
    Week 12: Shady was gone and you dropped Jennings so those guys are now a wash for the rest of the year lol. Johnson put up 1 more point than Colston. You would have won regardless, I would have lost. Still Conscript 1-0, Irony 0-1
    Week 13: Johnson put up .7 points more than Colston. Still the same outcome
    Week 14: I dropped and you picked up Johnson. Colston has 3 fewer points than Johnson on the bench but no outcomes changed.

So ya it is completely fair to say that that trade earned me one win (week 8) I wouldn't have won otherwise and cost you a win (week 11). The good (?) news though, even with that win you would have finished 7-7 but would have finished with the fewest points out of the 7-7 teams. My week 8 win would have given Killer a win putting him at 9-4 going into this week locked into the third seed. Instead he is 8-5 locked into the third seed. Your week 11 loss would have taken a win from 3rd and Long making them 6-7 going into this week. However, with his win this week he would still finish 7-7 with enough points to finish in the playoffs.

So in the end that trade ended up being completely useless to both of us and we still finished in the same position we would have without it. MJD and Shady screwed us.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Last week of the season. Three people locked in, two people locked out. Seven people fighting for the last five spots. The good news for me is there is a very slim chance I will have to play Arlee again who has thrashed me in both our meetings thanks to big weeks from the Giants. I have the inside track to make the playoffs in two of my three leagues and a decent chance of making it in my third. So I could either make it in all three leagues or actually miss the playoffs in all three leagues. One of them is all but a total lock to make it. I'm the highest scoring team in the league, yet somehow 8-5. If I was to lose this week and score 180 fewer points that a 7-6 guy below me I could be bumped out. Essentially impossible sure, but still a very, very small chance of it happening.
    If it makes you feel better when I was setting my team for last week and this week I thought for sure you would beat me this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you based Seattle D. Could of started Turbin over Gore as well, lol.

So what little running game I found got shredded by injury, and losing Gronk just killed me. Especially as Matt Ryan just went through a big slump.

So after a mini resurgence in both of my leagues mid season, I fell apart down the stretch in both. I'm outside of the playoffs, I think, in both leagues. I've never missed the playoffs in any league I've been in before, so frustrated. It's kind of a relief. though. This year has been so awful it has soured me to fantasy in general for a bit. Good luck in the post season, folks.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I actually got into the playoffs.... wth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    So I actually got into the playoffs.... wth.
    Ya I set it to 8 teams a couple months ago for maximum parity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh well at least I have my MMO-champ fantasy basketball team...! 9-35-1.

Man... I want NHL back... D:
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Upon further investigation, I actually did snag the last playoff spot. So I'll get slaughtered this weekend for sure, and then can call it quits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy Conscripts vs me.

Im kinda embarassed to be in the playoffs, I dont feel very deserving but whatever I'll take it. Looks like I also lucked into the most favorable matchup if you look at points for the entire season. Now watch me get demolished for saying that.

15+ Year Old Account
    I either have to face RG3 against the Browns or if I am lucky and he doesn't play Big Ben against the Cowboys. That is about the only matchup that scares me since the Baltimore guys play Denver.

Oh fuck. 3rd has Seattle's defense against Ryan Pickspatrick. I'm screwed.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 02:54 PM ----------

For about 15 seconds there I really flirted with the option of picking up Weeden and starting him over Rodgers who will be playing in crappy weather against a Bears' defense he didn't do much to earlier this year. Then I realized I was fucking insane.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I either have to face RG3 against the Browns or if I am lucky and he doesn't play Big Ben against the Cowboys. That is about the only matchup that scares me since the Baltimore guys play Denver.

Oh fuck. 3rd has Seattle's defense against Ryan Pickspatrick. I'm screwed.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 02:54 PM ----------

For about 15 seconds there I really flirted with the option of picking up Weeden and starting him over Rodgers who will be playing in crappy weather against a Bears' defense he didn't do much to earlier this year. Then I realized I was fucking insane.
    Yeah I would have had to personally drove to Michigan and smacked you on the head for that one.

Well this is it, the moment of truth begins. Best of Luck. Im semi confident after my 2 Bengals both did solid on Thursday.

15+ Year Old Account
    On my other playoff team I picked up TY Hilton today. He has a TD and 78 yards. Great pick up!

I benched James Jones for him. Jones has 3 TDs....

Whoda thought Dennis Pita would be the one to destroy my team. Oh well cant say I felt deserving of being in the playoffs anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, I broke 100 points this week.

Except I'm not in the playoffs. Son of a bitch...