Thread: Warhammer 40K

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hattai View Post
    A Thousand Sons was actually the first Horus Heresy book I picked up, found it hard to get into at first. Once past that initial hump however I found it to be, I think, one of the best books I've ever read.
    I'd recommend the first heretic for your next read if you dont mind skipping a few (There not really in order bar 3/4) Seeing lorgar kneel in censure is fucking... amazing!

And when he goes to fight guilliman... fuck i'll stop there

Khorne was the first chaos god, since the dawn of time species have killed one another for the sake of it.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    I'd recommend the first heretic for your next read if you dont mind skipping a few (There not really in order bar 3/4) Seeing lorgar kneel in censure is fucking... amazing!

And when he goes to fight guilliman... fuck i'll stop there
    The feeling of absolute.... wrong... being dealt to Lorgar... It's a powerful scene.

I still want my Blood Angel Horus heresy book, its taking to long.

A Thousand Sons was actually the first Horus Heresy book I picked up, found it hard to get into at first. Once past that initial hump however I found it to be, I think, one of the best books I've ever read.
    Prospero Burns (Dan Abnett) continus the story from A Thousand Sons, and Battle of the Fang (Chris Wraight) picks it up again a couple of thousand years later.

Deleted
    Prospero Burns, doesn't particularly follow the story of A Thousand Sons from the Space Wolves side. It ties in with, but doesn't continue - well continue in a parallel sense, maybe.

I'm ~120 pages into Know No Fear, which is great so far. I keep catching the page number and going: "...but I was 15 pages earlier when I last checked!"

I've read all of the Horus Heresy books except the three latest one's (I have Angel Exterminatus though) and, after being put off the Word Bearers in "Battle for the Abyss", I've left out "First Heretic". Although, after talking to a GW store manager, he advised I read that after "Know No Fear".

Favourite one's so far? (Not in any order) Fulgrim, Fear to Tread, Outcast Dead, The Last Church (a short story in Tales of Heresy), Galaxy in Flames....dammit they're all good!

My only trouble is that I read often, and I'm losing track (in memory) of what exactly happened in each book.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Prospero Burns (Dan Abnett) continus the story from A Thousand Sons, and Battle of the Fang (Chris Wraight) picks it up again a couple of thousand years later.
    Read both of them aswell, very good books. Magnus interacting with the statue of Russ is one of my favourite parts of Battle of The Fang.
    Last edited by Hattai; 2013-01-29 at 01:32 AM.

Read both of them aswell, very good books. Magnus interacting with the statue of Russ is one of my favourite parts of Battle of The Fang.
    My favourite part of BotF was Bjorn, such a cranky git :-)

If you like Space Wolves Aaron-Dembski Bowden's "The Emperor's Gift" tells of their little scuffle with the Grey Knights and Inquisition after Armageddon 1, Bjorn is in that one too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Read that aswell :P

Didn't care for GK stories but I'm a sucker for a pretty hardcover.

Was pleasantly suprised.

Conclusion! READ ALL THE HERESY BOOKS! I didn't find a single one that I disliked. Be it lunawolves, Death guad, Thousand sons, or the rest of the founding legions. I love them all... But chaos still has all the fun ^^

Edit: Not the ultramarines... THey're pompous dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    Conclusion! READ ALL THE HERESY BOOKS! I didn't find a single one that I disliked. Be it lunawolves, Death guad, Thousand sons, or the rest of the founding legions. I love them all... But chaos still has all the fun ^^

Read The Uriel Ventris books, they are pretty good and features The Iron Warriors.

Also Storm of Iron, more Iron Warriors.

Deleted
    If you want even more goody 40k chaos read the word bearer novels, i didnt expect much - but jesus i was surprised.

There was also a short story around of erebus being detained by the GK and him bustin out like a boss!

Post pics of your nurgle demon prince, Supertony?
    HATTAI! Clearly the thousand sons are way more awesome! Rubric marines are fun, so you can easily incorporate Ahzek Ahriman in your army and have them as a troop choice instead of elite! Not to mention all the goodies that they get for picking Mark of Tzeentch.
    The Nightlords abhor daemons, and I personally hate playing something without fitting it with the lore components as are fitting... On the other hand. the "New" raptors look effin' sweet... and fit nightlords amazingly well for that shock attack feel...
    not finished with him yet, im really taking my time.

I do have some possessed SM's though, ill post them later

Read the word bearers and the Soul Drinker and the iron warriors. Blood gorgons and Nightlords as well... We lack more books with wordbearers.
    Atlas infernal was fun.

Deleted
    Never really got into the models, but if i had say... 75-100 quid would that be an alright amount to start on a small army? (Im looking at tau currently, or perhaps necrons)

I need something to do in my spare time Im already a semi decent model painter (I paint old warships, the model kit kinds) But im looking to get into paint spraying and ink washing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Never really got into the models, but if i had say... 75-100 quid would that be an alright amount to start on a small army? (Im looking at tau currently, or perhaps necrons)

I need something to do in my spare time Im already a semi decent model painter (I paint old warships, the model kit kinds) But im looking to get into paint spraying and ink washing
    75 - 100 is a great ammount to get you started, just pop into your local GW and talk to the guys in there, they are super helpful and will get you set up, not too pushy to get you to buy too much either, at least not at mine.

They're pushy in another sense " Isn't this a damn cool model?" Well, yeah it is... " AND THIS, IT'S A DRAGON SHOOTING FLAMES WITH ROCKETS AND PEW" " YEAH, I WANT THAT" Couple hours of that" That'l be £200 sir"...

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    They're pushy in another sense " Isn't this a damn cool model?" Well, yeah it is... " AND THIS, IT'S A DRAGON SHOOTING FLAMES WITH ROCKETS AND PEW" " YEAH, I WANT THAT" Couple hours of that" That'l be £200 sir"...
    Only been to an official GW store once, and yeah... They were pushy alright. I told them I'd just started and that I was collecting Grey Knights (if memory serves I bought my Kaldor Draigo miniature), and suddenly the guy was all like "Oh yeah, I'll tell you a cheap, fast and sure way to win... Just get 3 Dreadknights, 10 Terminators and 1 or 2 Stormravens"... DERP nothing cheap about 3 Dreadknights or TWO Stormravens -_-'

---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 08:31 PM ----------

And utterly, utterly boring.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triage View Post
    I wish my poor Black Templars and Tau were updated sooner rather than later.
    Well seeing how next thing updated will probably be eldar...

---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 07:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    75 - 100 is a great ammount to get you started, just pop into your local GW and talk to the guys in there, they are super helpful and will get you set up, not too pushy to get you to buy too much either, at least not at mine.
    Not too pushy must depend on the store. At World of Battle (NA HQ) they're SUPER pushy.

[QUOTE=Venziir;20031312]Only been to an official GW store once, and yeah... They were pushy alright. I told them I'd just started and that I was collecting Grey Knights (if memory serves I bought my Kaldor Draigo miniature), and suddenly the guy was all like "Oh yeah, I'll tell you a cheap, fast and sure way to win... Just get 3 Dreadknights, 10 Terminators and 1 or 2 Stormravens"... DERP nothing cheap about 3 Dreadknights or TWO Stormravens -_-'[COLOR="red"]

Cheap meaning points wise... GW employees never think in money... They get a 50% or more discount.
    Last edited by Omnoms; 2013-01-29 at 08:11 PM.