Thread: Warhammer 40K

Page 44 of 133 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    That cleared things up a wee bit. Lexicanum article about it also helps i found...
    What general should I paint for my Imperial fists army? Thinking of Lysander. then building it around focusing on a siege like unit(rather strange for an army that is master of defence... but... If they know the one thing, surely they know the other) Give them a vindicator with that big cannon etc.
    But yeah, what general?
    Just do Lysander, or a regular captain. You can deck him out in Terminator armour if you feel like doing a bit of conversion. Command Squads aren't really worth it. Or you can take any other HQs, like Vulkan, paint him in IF colors, and give him a new name while still using his rules. That's what ima do later on.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 06:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Not an ork player myself but I know than red means go faster.
    I think red can mean other things as well, i've noticed alot of explosives are often painted red too *shrug* weird creatures xD
    Found it:

"Red: "Red wunz go fasta'!"

Orange: ? (I've seen grot armies this color.)

Yellow: Explosives painted yellow are more... explody.

Green: ? (I would think there'd be one, but I haven't seen any.)

Blue: Lucky.

Purple: Sneaky/cunning. (I'm not quite sure about this one. Can anyone confirm with a source? Mine was less than trustworthy.)

Black: 'Ard. (As with the purple, my source is somewhat dubious.)"

... Someone should do a conversion of orkz and make them look like chavs. dey speakz liek it, innit? 'ARD BOYZ, YEH.
    (it's more what... cockney? None the less... Chav orkz? Lookin' fab? Anyone?... Yes it would be terrible... Just like " Pretty marines")

Red is faster, yellow is more dakka, blue is lucky (that's why feral orks and Snakebites usually have blue runes or paintings on themselves for protection), and purple is sneaky color because "no one ever saw a purple army". Not sure if there's anything else about other colors.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, I think that if they made a 40K RTS like Halo Wars, that had all the units from the board game, I think it would work... Like you get resources from supply pads attached to your main base and stuff

Deleted
    To put the whole Pariah versus Shadow of the Warp thing more succintly (do apologise for my last explanation, i'd only just woke up), imagine that humans as they appear in the warp are tiny sparks, and psykers are huge bonfires. A Pariah is like a vacuum, drawing the fire into it and killing it, it has nothing to use up, no oxygen so to speak, thats why Pariahs still affect normal humans, just not on the same level as Psykers. Now imagine that the Hive Mind is the biggest fire out of all of them, so when that turns up, it just uses all the oxygen around it, killing off the smaller fires, leaving them nothing to use up. I suppose if there were enough Pariahs gathered together to create a big enough "vacuum" then they could possible shut out the entire Hive Mind, but that'd have to be a buttload of Pariahs.

All we can do, ultimately, is speculate.
    Any suggestions to the construction of a Imperial Fists army?

Deleted
    All we can do, ultimately, is speculate.
    Any suggestions to the construction of a Imperial Fists army?
    I'd use glue

More like what kinda fast attack? BIkes vs Jump packs.
    Close quarters terminators versus ranged terminators.

More like what kinda fast attack? BIkes vs Jump packs.
    Close quarters terminators versus ranged terminators.
    Lots of Ordinance, Vidicators and heavy weapon squads.

Imperial Fists are masters of siege warfare.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

So jump packs for scaling walls, plenty vindicators, great. Starting to get an idea what I want for siege. Have a mate that might paint some Iron Warriors... WOuld be funny to see the roles reversed and paint a scenario...

Deleted
    God Magnus' fall to chaos is heart wrenching.

I love it. He doesn't know what he is doing 'til he is well within it's grasp. Only thing that got to me was Lorgar's pains as he was chastised by The Emperor.

Deleted
    I love it. He doesn't know what he is doing 'til he is well within it's grasp. Only thing that got to me was Lorgar's pains as he was chastised by The Emperor.
    I just hated seeing a good, pure dude, turned to heresy and suckered by one of the most intelluctually advanced forces in the galaxy, poor guy.
    Last edited by mmoc2aff718493; 2013-02-15 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I just hated seeing a good, pure dude, turned to heresy and suckered by one of the most intteluctually advanced forces in the galaxy, poor guy.
    " Road to hell is paved with good intentions" He believed himself too intelligent to be tricked almost.

Deleted
    " Road to hell is paved with good intentions" He believed himself too intelligent to be tricked almost.
    Aye I suppose that phrase fits perfectly into his situation, I really liked his character though, probably competing for one of my favourite primarchs now.

Deleted
    Leman Russ asking Magnus to come in peacefully, you can tell he doesn't want to do what he's got to do.

But yes. Despite being absolutely wonderful, magnus that is, he fell from grace with the best of intentions, setting his fathers work back decades, near it's completion. It's hard to forgive.
    Last edited by Omnoms; 2013-02-15 at 05:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, Leman Russ was just supposed to arrest Magnus, not wipe him out. It's Horus' fault that he took such extreme actions, hell, if Horus didn't intervene, both the Space Wolves and the Thousand sons would have been on Terra fighting the Traitor Legions.

I don't think so. Once the emperor unleashes his wolves, you know it's bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    *grumble* do they seriously not make lightning claws for the right arm of regular space marines (non-termi)...