Thread: Warhammer 40K

Page 5 of 133 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Yes I'm planning on getting some of the new inks, as I said only went out and got the starter paint set, but it did have the earth shade in it, so I used that on the bone coloured crest and purity seals, as well as on the metal of the bolter. Will look into getting some more inks to touch them up even more!
    Planning to flock the base or just paint it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Planning to flock the base or just paint it?
    Haven't really thought about that, regardless I think I'll go with a brown ish base, I think it goes with the Dark green of the armour a tad better. Don't have any flock but I'm going out to buy a few bits and bobs tomorow so I'll pick up a few things, inks among them

Deleted
    Haven't really thought about that, regardless I think I'll go with a brown ish base, I think it goes with the Dark green of the armour a tad better. Don't have any flock but I'm going out to buy a few bits and bobs tomorow so I'll pick up a few things, inks among them
    A flocked base will make a huge difference, even if you just use sand and paint over that. Just drybrush it with the tiniest amount of paint.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    A flocked base will make a huge difference, even if you just use sand and paint over that. Just drybrush it with the tiniest amount of paint.
    Yeah I have to admit they do look alot better flocked, will definately see what I can pick up tomorow then, the DV set does come with some bangles and baubles you can put on the bases, ammo casings, skull probes, battered helmets/decapitated heads ect. Might add some of those as well, nothing overkill, probably will save most of those for the hero units.

First attempt in like 5 years painting a model, bought the dark vengeance set with a friend and a standard starter paint kit.

snip

The right shoulder is a bit messy, I'm going out to buy a much smaller brush tomorow as the one I have at the moment is a tad big, will touch him up with that, still, better outcome than I expected after so much time.
    That's really good if you did all that with just the standard brush that comes with the paint sets, those things are horrible, well at least the one I had was.

I feel the odd one out, I play just warhammer fantasy battles, Dwarfs to be exact. Well trying to anyways, I'm still new -.-

Always have been a space wolf fan though.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewan View Post
    I feel the odd one out, I play just warhammer fantasy battles, Dwarfs to be exact. Well trying to anyways, I'm still new -.-

I prefer fantasy over 40k but with the 40k dark vengeance being released recently it's kinda flavour of the month. Dwarves are really cool tho, i have the army that come with the skull pass set plus quite a few older metal ones.

Ya, always preferred fantasy as well. Though as for the warhammer game itself I'm still hesitant in terms of getting to much into it. It's very intimidating when I even attempt to look at all the rules on mechanics and what not, never mind cost money wise.

..and the last thing I have ever painted was forever ago...and it was my basement wall..fml

Deleted
    Ya, always preferred fantasy as well. Though as for the warhammer game itself I'm still hesitant in terms of getting to much into it. It's very intimidating when I even attempt to look at all the rules on mechanics and what not, never mind cost money wise.

..and the last thing I have ever painted was forever ago...and it was my basement wall..fml
    I used to have a small battalion of high elves which were actually my first ever warhammer, they were bought for me as a gift, I never got round to having a battle with them though since my warhammer buddies were all on 40k, which is part of the reason I am still playing 40k now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I finally got a captain done. Here's the results and YES I know that I need to thin my white paint.

This last one makes me sad because I dropped him... oops... Oh well all patched up now, but I might magnetize that bloody lightning claw..

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 04:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    My 2k points BA-army is now build and I am slowly starting to paint all of them.
    But as a beginning player it's hard to remember everything my army can do, which sometimes make me lose a fight.

I am using Battlescribe to create my army list and the website shows this picture:

When I create my army list, it does not show the stats and the rule summary.
    Does anyone know how they do that?

Yes, I have selected the "Include profile summary and rules summary" in the roster! But it isn't showing =/
    So unless one of you can help me, I have to type it all out.
    Little friendly tip, if you didn't already know, don't mention Battlescribe or any third party software to Games-Workshop employees, especially not at the North American HQ in Memphis XD. Made that mistake once and I got the most serious disapproving stare of all time and although he said he wasn't serious, G-W are really big with keeping everything to themselves
    Last edited by Belize; 2012-12-16 at 04:08 PM.

Put some shade over the white area though, just looks undone like that
    and also, highlight a bit over it

10+ Year Old Account
    Highlights on black will be my undoing, especially since I refuse to airbrush. What color of shade would you suggest? light grey-ish? Or brown-ish for the kilt? I make my own washes

Light grey if anything. And highlighting the red is what I meant. A black wash over the golden bits, then highlight it with more gold. IT adds more depth to the figure without being too much work.

---------- Post added 2012-12-17 at 05:26 PM ----------

Oh my god

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/News/Deathshroud.html

THEY'RE MAKING DEATHSHROUD PRE HERESY DEATH GUARD TERMIES! must... HAVE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    Light grey if anything. And highlighting the red is what I meant. A black wash over the golden bits, then highlight it with more gold. IT adds more depth to the figure without being too much work.

Oh my god

I can't wait for them to come out with more Primarchs I'm already planning either a loyalist Luna Wolves army or maybe World eaters ^.^ It'll be sweet

gimme a mortarion..

Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post

Oh my god

... I haven't bought Warhammer 40K minis for over a decade... but... dem Terminators... my god, I may be buying some now.

They used to be completely different games, nowadays they are mostly the same ^^
    What i would love today about warhammer is that i could just buy a box and paint on impulse instead of 2 years of allowance

Deleted
    Finished my Deathwing Terminator sergeant, probably could have done a bit better but I got a bit impatient towards the end and wanted to get him done to go with the rest of his squad, guess he looks ok

Finished my Deathwing Terminator sergeant, probably could have done a bit better but I got a bit impatient towards the end and wanted to get him done to go with the rest of his squad, guess he looks ok

To comicy for my taste but still very decent

Deathwing is looking amazing. How about drilling some holes in that stormbolter? Or W/E it is. I guess you painted most of the figure in that bone'ish colour and highlighted with white for the feather effect? Shadows have come out amazingly well.