Thread: Warhammer 40K

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calelith View Post
    Been a while but I remember him been decent at them.

I'm still hoping for 40k lore to change so that it isn't C'tan did it for every great plot twist. Also is it still cannon that papa smurf punched an avatar to death?
    Yes, because our Spiritual Liege (aka Matt Ward) wrote the smurfs codex and by dire fault their fluff. And the Ctan are having a "just as planned" contest with Tzeench.

On a side note, I had a dream about being in the process of painting termies... I woke up ready to finish their arms but realized I didn't have any... sadface

Armless termies... Sounds like Abaddon syndrome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Yes, because our Spiritual Liege (aka Matt Ward) wrote the smurfs codex and by dire fault their fluff. And the Ctan are having a "just as planned" contest with Tzeench.

On a side note, I had a dream about being in the process of painting termies... I woke up ready to finish their arms but realized I didn't have any... sadface
    lol.

I remember having a interesting discussion about Tzeentch purposely causing all chaos plans to fail because if the chaos gods took over the universe they would stiffle the emotions they feed on.

Edit: I remember once making some marines and putting the bolters the wrong way round lol.

How do you even... manage that?! It's like... Holding a sword on the wrong end!

10+ Year Old Account
    Holding a power sword the wrong way has to be painfull...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    How do you even... manage that?! It's like... Holding a sword on the wrong end!
    Well I was drunk and to my blurred vision It looked like some sort of old Mk bolter lol, I say that they are so fearless that they beat you to death with the stock.

Holding a power sword the wrong way has to be painfull...
    Not for a lord of Khorne, remember the blood god cares not where the blood flows from....aslong as it flows.

power swords cauterize the wounds... Khorne would not be pleased.

Deleted
    power swords cauterize the wounds... Khorne would not be pleased.
    Hmm true, but wouldn't keeping hold of the energy blade keep the wound open?

Anyway a true follower of khorne would use a chain axe which would keep the blood flowing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calelith View Post
    Hmm true, but wouldn't keeping hold of the energy blade keep the wound open?

Anyway a true follower of khorne would use a chain axe which would keep the blood flowing.
    They raped Khornes fluff anyways. They don't butcher entire cities filled with women and children that are defenseless. Khorne followers can only attack people that can defend themselves

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnCorpse View Post
    Why would they do that? That was what made Khorne so awesome, having like a code of honor despite being a chaos god.
    Ask the Black Library people (minus Dan Abnett but he's never really dealt with khorne chaos followers anyways) why. No Bezerkers go around raping defenseless women and children with chainaxes, just because it's violent, gory and grimdark.

Deleted
    Ask the Black Library people (minus Dan Abnett but he's never really dealt with khorne chaos followers anyways) why. No Bezerkers go around raping defenseless women and children with chainaxes, just because it's violent, gory and grimdark.
    That sounds more slaaneshi than Khorne.

On the upside when I get around to making my Khorne army they will be real followers who purge the weak willed slaaneshi corrupted fools.

Found a young lady who is just starting out in 40k. Will be interesting to follow her progress.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    Found a young lady who is just starting out in 40k. Will be interesting to follow her progress.

Just don't be the creepy overly interested guy

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 06:38 PM ----------

Hmmm... can you order the Space Marine Veterans individually on the special orders? I may have found a solution to the lack of right hand Lightmng claws

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh... I should grab a box of devastators but my brain is just like "Gahhhh no more spess mehrines for now plox"... I might grab a Necron Battleforce to start that necron army I've been eyeing....

I've decided to chill on the warhammer front. I'll paint this summer, but now buy figures. Looking at an expensive summer holiday, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Today, I have discovered the joys of Vallejo paints. Dear god the smoothness.

Edit: holy shit you can thin it out even more... what is this warp spawned magic...
    Last edited by Belize; 2013-05-22 at 12:08 AM.

Deleted
    Today, I have discovered the joys of Vallejo paints. Dear god the smoothness.

Edit: holy shit you can thin it out even more... what is this warp spawned magic...
    Becareful using warptainted paints brother, the Inquisition is ever watchful.

on a more serious note, it has been a while since I painted but I remember those paints been awesome.

15+ Year Old Account
    Used Vallejo's Midnight Blue game colour as a wash over the Kantor Blue basecoat for my Night Lords, it's fantastic stuff and my mate just raves about their replacement for Devlan Mud since Citadel's overhaul.

Inquisition be damned!

Been considering them vallejo paints as I've seen a few of buypainted's tutorials.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do have one complaint, and it's the glossy finish it has. Probably will have to do a satin coat.

---------- Post added 2013-05-23 at 02:20 AM ----------

Been considering them vallejo paints as I've seen a few of buypainted's tutorials.
    Ah, I'm glad I'm not the only one that watches Buypainted's videos!