... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does no one play eldar :<

gogo space elves

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post

gogo space elves
    I would have been playing eldar when I first started out years ago, but when I got into it, me and a close friend decided to get into the hobby together, and we intended to collect and battle together often, he was facinated with eldar, so for the sake of not having identical armies, I decided to roll with blood angels.

I am really interested in eldar though, especially after collecting a tau army (there's fan theories about eldar influencing the development of the tau empire)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I would have been playing eldar when I first started out years ago, but when I got into it, me and a close friend decided to get into the hobby together, and we intended to collect and battle together often, he was facinated with eldar, so for the sake of not having identical armies, I decided to roll with blood angels.

I am really interested in eldar though, especially after collecting a tau army (there's fan theories about eldar influencing the development of the tau empire)
    Since you play blood angels, can you answer me this? Do you have to buy the Space marines AND the blood angel codex or just BA? Same goes for Black Templar, Space wolves, Dark angels and Grey Knights.

gogo space elves
    I would have played Eldar if I didn't have Dark Elves army for WHFB. I wanted to play something ... different. Where you don't have to cry over each dead soldier. So, yeah, IG or Nids.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Tyranids reporting in!

Slowly painting a 1k-1,5k 'nids army. Going for a melee one with big bugs instead of shooty with tervigon*shudder* stupidfuckers...

I recently picked up 40K, and I got the Ork $120 box.
    Slowly been assembling them, the Trukk was a pain. It was the very first thing I've ever put together.
    I don't plan on buying anymore soon, or even playing soon due to not having the money, so I'm taking this slow instead of rushing to make all of the pieces and have them sit there.
    I also needs paints and stuff.
    It's so very daunting when you have such little money to spend...

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Since this topic is back, I should report I have been replacing my Space Sharks.

I just started putting them together, I am still re-awaking the painting skills been 5 years since I did my last mini.

Its funn that we are talking about this again.

I currently have a 1000 pt CSM army (my own custom legion creation) with....

1 csm squad x10
    1 termie squad x6
    1 chaos lord with dual lightnig claws (6 WS plus the bonus from dual claws...and if im charging.....ouch!)
    1 plaguemarine squad x6
    1. plague bearer squad x6
    1 rhino

Been playing a few buddies of mine lately.....my best challenge has been my friends 1000pt black templar army. I take great joy in giving him the gifts of nurgle.

I also have a smal SoB army 2 squads x10 each and a witchunter, but i think ima give it to my wife.

Thinking of getting a defiler or a soul grinder, just haven't decided yet.

Deleted
    Since you play blood angels, can you answer me this? Do you have to buy the Space marines AND the blood angel codex or just BA? Same goes for Black Templar, Space wolves, Dark angels and Grey Knights.
    Pretty sure you can get along with just the blood angels codex, I think, If I'm not mistaken (this was a long time ago) It covers all the rules you will need to know for a blood angels army, I think the same goes for dark angels, space wolves and grey knights respectively.

Edit: recently came across a decent youtube channel for those of you interested in WH40k

http://www.youtube.com/user/miniwarg...e=results_main

gogo space elves

I do, love eldar.
    Also loved dark eldar till they dropped out of existence :P

But like warhammer 40k mostly for the novels, not as much the game board although it is what got me started

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    I do, love eldar.
    Also loved dark eldar till they dropped out of existence :P

But like warhammer 40k mostly for the novels, not as much the game board although it is what got me started
    My roommate has Dark Angels, and when I am done with painting my army, I will be painting his.

Anyone know anything about 'nids? Whats the ups and down between a winged HT, a standard HT and a swarmlord? Why would I want what over what and with what morphs?

Deleted
    I really have no clue about the board game, but hell do i enjoy the lore and Dawn of War games.

Gothic shark, any possibility of a better closeup pic of one of your marines?

Gah, the annoyance of running out of thick glue while glueing my Flyrant... Will post pics once its alive!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    Gah, the annoyance of running out of thick glue while glueing my Flyrant... Will post pics once its alive!
    My god they were a pain to make before they made the most recent Tyrant kit. Had to use Balrog wings and it was a nightmare to get them to stick, not to mention the kit was metal so weighed a lot for such a hefty and yet delicate model.

Given how this has turned into a general 40k thread rather than some blokes Eldar list, I thought I'd ask what you guy's opinion was on the new Angron model off of forgeworld?

Given how it's the first Primarch model it's kind of a big deal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCwMt9ES5rE
    http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Events/Angron-wep.html

For those who are new and/or aren't that familiar with the fluff: http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Angron

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Old School Khorne Chaos Marine player here. Although Eldar were my first army. I haven't played in over a decade... the price keep going up, every year! MUCH better minis out there MUCH cheaper. GW USED to be the standard as far as minis went, but there are so many companies doing some great stuff now; Soda pop minis, Studio McVey, Corvus Belli, Privateer Press.... I could go on and on. Grats for getting into 40k it IS fun, but the scale and cost can be quite prohibitive for some.

10+ Year Old Account
    Due to a request, I took some more pictures of my Space Sharks.

This is a squad I am almost done with. I am waiting for money to get a new small brush so I can paint in Logos,small details, and touch ups . I should point out this is for a play Army and not for a OMFG paint job army. I haven't painted like that since 2002.

---------- Post added 2012-09-21 at 05:57 PM ----------

And this is the Squads Sargent.

Last edited by Gothicshark; 2012-09-22 at 12:58 AM.

[QUOTE=Scummer;18512295]My god they were a pain to make before they made the most recent Tyrant kit. Had to use Balrog wings and it was a nightmare to get them to stick, not to mention the kit was metal so weighed a lot for such a hefty and yet delicate model.

Given how this has turned into a general 40k thread rather than some blokes Eldar list, I thought I'd ask what you guy's opinion was on the new Angron model off of forgeworld?

Given how it's the first Primarch model it's kind of a big deal.=QUOTE]

I find the new angron model amazing, yet not influenced enough by chaos.
    Also, yeah, oldschool flyrant was hell, enjoying the new kit.

lizardmen and highelves in fantasy
    2500 tyranids 2000 eldar 1500 tau for 40k
    i havent played since like grade 9 however. lots of fun, if i ever have a bunch of spare cash i will prolly get back into it, maybe chaos or daemons