Thread: Warhammer 40K

Page 37 of 133 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I can never see why anyone would willingly side with Chaos, they get a really bad deal. Out of the 4 main gods, only 1 actually cares about his followers, how does he reward them? Gives them real nasty diseases and plagues. The other Gods want your blood, skull or soul, they will fuck you over in a heartbeat if it suits them.

Not to mention that everyone around you is just as treacherous as you are, they will stab you in the back the minute they get the chance, out of the Billions/trillions of Chaos followers, maybe a few dozen will ever reach Daemonhood, the rest will be tortured in hell for all eternity.

Why the fuck would you volunteer for this shit?
    For one, the Imperial structure is horrendously soul-grinding and corrupt and sucks out any sense of joy from the world in the first place. Second, lots of cultists don't know it's specifically Chaos they're worshipping. Three, nobody ever educates people about the threats of Chaos. Don't ask, don't tell, sort of thing. Four, you can get benefits from the gods and most reward you for doing what you actually like doing, just taken to the extreme. Psychopathic warriors love slaughtering, so Khorne rewards you more and more, feeding that part of you until you go crazy.

I could never personally go Chaotic, but I imagine the Imperium to be the very worst of something like the Soviet Union to prevent the spread of Chaos and create a willing, ever-lasting war machine, sacrificing art, culture and science for structure, manufacture and complacency.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    For one, the Imperial structure is horrendously soul-grinding and corrupt and sucks out any sense of joy from the world in the first place. Second, lots of cultists don't know it's specifically Chaos they're worshipping. Three, nobody ever educates people about the threats of Chaos. Don't ask, don't tell, sort of thing. Four, you can get benefits from the gods and most reward you for doing what you actually like doing, just taken to the extreme. Psychopathic warriors love slaughtering, so Khorne rewards you more and more, feeding that part of you until you go crazy.

I could never personally go Chaotic, but I imagine the Imperium to be the very worst of something like the Soviet Union to prevent the spread of Chaos and create a willing, ever-lasting war machine, sacrificing art, culture and science for structure, manufacture and complacency.
    Ignorance is bliss I suppose, it is as true in real life as in the WH40k universe. To be honest, the only real faction I would willingly join are the Tau, they treat their human allies pretty well.

10+ Year Old Account

It's too bad though, the Imperium wasn't always like that. If only the Emperor would have finished the webway project there would be peace /sigh

Deleted

The lack of education is really what seals it I think. One of the troopers in one of the Gaunts Ghosts novels explains it best, Chaos doesn't corrupt inherently, it just allows out the parts of us that are already there, locked away, and brings them to the fore. Most regular citizens in the Imperium wouldn't realise they'd been corrupted until it was far too late for them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    It's too bad though, the Imperium wasn't always like that. If only the Emperor would have finished the webway project there would be peace /sigh
    If Games workshop ever advanced the story there still might be peace, that or the end of Humanity and wargaming as we know it.

Where the F has the necron and spacemarine megaforce gone..?

10+ Year Old Account
    If Games workshop ever advanced the story there still might be peace, that or the end of Humanity and wargaming as we know it.
    Or you know Chaos could consume the Imperium and then there would be... Chaos.... errr...

Deleted
    if the Warhammer 50k fanfic I read is anything to go by, its only worse from here on in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    The lack of education is really what seals it I think. One of the troopers in one of the Gaunts Ghosts novels explains it best, Chaos doesn't corrupt inherently, it just allows out the parts of us that are already there, locked away, and brings them to the fore. Most regular citizens in the Imperium wouldn't realise they'd been corrupted until it was far too late for them.
    True, just think of all those people that enjoy going to nightclubs or music festivals for example, Perfect Slaanesh cultists. Same goes for Boxing or martials arts fans, for Khorne. Tzeentch would be the conspiracy theorists, theres plenty of those on the internet.

Fuck knows who would follow Nurgle though, not sure I want to know........

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 11:07 PM ----------

if the Warhammer 50k fanfic I read is anything to go by, its only worse from here on in.
    'eh? Where can I find this stuff? Any good?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    GW doesn't carry Megaforces anymore AFAIK. You're going to have to use the battleforces

It's apparantly an x-mas thing... MY local store has one...

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm... That's interesting GW added a ton of stuff in the army essential tabs

Deleted
    True, just think of all those people that enjoy going to nightclubs or music festivals for example, Perfect Slaanesh cultists. Same goes for Boxing or martials arts fans, for Khorne. Tzeentch would be the conspiracy theorists, theres plenty of those on the internet.

Fuck knows who would follow Nurgle though, not sure I want to know........

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 11:07 PM ----------

'eh? Where can I find this stuff? Any good?
    http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=51806

It's not bad actually, I had a decent time reading it anyway, but be warned, Warhammer 50k is far and away worse than Warhammer 40k.

Nurgle worshippers would be, I imagine, the heartbroken, the lonely, the depressed, they seem to be the type to embrace Nurgles "love" no matter how damaging it would be.

Deleted
    http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=51806

It's not bad actually, I had a decent time reading it anyway, but be warned, Warhammer 50k is far and away worse than Warhammer 40k.

Nurgle worshippers would be, I imagine, the heartbroken, the lonely, the depressed, they seem to be the type to embrace Nurgles "love" no matter how damaging it would be.
    Bronies and emo's then?

Deleted
    Bronies and emo's then?
    Pretty much, and those affected by the horrendous debilitating plagues he spreads about as well, they seem to be the ones who convert the most, in there pain and madness they reach out for the only thing that can save them, and in doing so damn themselves.
    Last edited by mmoc8116b97f51; 2013-02-01 at 11:18 PM.

Deleted
    Pretty much, and those affected by the horrendous debilitating plagues he spreads about as well, they seem to be the ones who convert the most, in there pain and madness they reach out for the only thing that can save them, and it doing so damn themselves.
    Yup, sounds like bronies alright.

"... Abaddon and his 78th Crusade, plunged into the solar system" this made me chuckle, apparantly he has failed 65 untill he finally managed...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    They're still up on the aussie website.

Ahh, limited stock, that's probably why. $400 bucks a pop :/
    Last edited by Hattai; 2013-02-02 at 12:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    HOLY CRAP! In Warcraft 3, if you click the Gryphon Rider enough he says "This warhammer costs 40k hehe". It made me chuckle :3

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got a nice Decent sized Iron warriors army. Been on a long hiatus. I've seen the new chaos models, seem alright not had chance to get the codex or rulebook yet, but i will in time. I'd like to start another army some time, but having a hard time between space wolves, dark angels or grey knights. Space wolves for their fluff. dark anges for their fluff. Grey knights because -]I[- (inquisition).

Iron within, Iron without.
    Stormrage 4 lyfe