Thread: Warhammer 40K

Page 48 of 133 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    isn't that just a statue behind him? his page says nothing about him having wings and that is clearly an Aquila...

And Fallen get chased or used by chaos space marines as bait to draw loyalist chapters. I don't think they're affiliated with chaos gods.

Those miniatures do look badass though
    Yeah. My bad. Probs a statue. They're rather self righteous and believe they're doing right. Who knows!

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a theory that Luther learned a "terrible secret" and the he was in fact the loyalist while it's Lion that was a traitor. Who knows, at least they're both still alive in THe Rock so IF GW decides to continue the story (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA lets not get our hopes up) we might get more information.

Not all fallen ally with chaos, some go pirate or mercenary or even try to live a normal life.

Most of them are solo operators or leaders of warbands. In Blood Quest you see a fallen allied with Tzeentch.

Or they can be like Cypher: fallen angel, who is loyalist but is still chased for his part.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

May aswell point out Leman russ, Magnus the red and a few others are mutants.

But Unc you forget that the Nascent Primarchs were touched by chaos when spirited away from Tera.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sanguinius was almost rejected for his mutation and the Wolves and Sons were never too well liked by the Imperium as a whole. The Inquisition is dancing on a razors edge of comming down on the Wolves with it's full might for the nature of the canis helix, they're just waiting for an excuse.

Hehe, but the inquisition will just get rammed if they try anything with the wolves. It's happened before if I recall correctly.

So, whatcha'all think of a chaos squad consisting of Typhus, 2xlightning claw termies, 1 termie with power fist and heavy flamer, 1 with power fist and combi bolter with melta attachment and then the last termie with a power maul and a ordinary combi bolter? I'm going for deepstriking them in. It will either be terribly strong or terribly dodgy I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm... Typhus is purely melee right? I'm not sure about those two combi bolters. What I would do is bring 3 double lightning claw, and then 2 heavy flamers with chainfists. You'll get the chainfists for popping vehicles, flamers for overwatch (if someone has the bring idea to assault terminators...) and for range (8 inches is pretty decent) and you'll have 3 dual LCs for rending and that extra attack. The bolters probably wouldn't do a whole lot, and LC's are much better than power mauls, even if it's just one LC. I've always been wary of mixing up range and close combat in one squad since it makes both weaker. Better off focusing on just close combat, especially with Typhus and his Scythe of Whatever.

but that's just my opinion.

Big edit: I meant Shred, not Rending. Same difference right
    Last edited by Belize; 2013-03-04 at 07:17 PM.

Hmmm... Typhus is purely melee right? I'm not sure about those two combi bolters. What I would do is bring 3 double lightning claw, and then 2 heavy flamers with chainfists. You'll get the chainfists for popping vehicles, flamers for overwatch (if someone has the bring idea to assault terminators...) and for range (8 inches is pretty decent) and you'll have 3 dual LCs for rending and that extra attack. The bolters probably wouldn't do a whole lot, and LC's are much better than power mauls, even if it's just one LC. I've always been wary of mixing up range and close combat in one squad since it makes both weaker. Better off focusing on just close combat, especially with Typhus and his Scythe of Whatever.

but that's just my opinion.

Big edit: I meant Shred, not Rending. Same difference right
    I'm getting Havocs to take care of vehicles.
    Also, Power fist and x isn't particularly good, as it makes them initiative 1 anyhow. They aren't there for tank hunting, more for rooting out a tough dueling squad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    I'm getting Havocs to take care of vehicles.
    Also, Power fist and x isn't particularly good, as it makes them initiative 1 anyhow. They aren't there for tank hunting, more for rooting out a tough dueling squad.
    Alright, I still wouldn't take the 2 storm bolters but you might have a better idea of what you need than me also, why the power maul? Unless you're making him attack something that has more than one wound, it's a few extra point with no benefits : /

Deleted
    Man I'd love to see the full fury of the space wolves brought to bare against the Inquisition, it would be such a spectacle.

They've already torn them a new one once if I'm not mistaken.

Alright, I still wouldn't take the 2 storm bolters but you might have a better idea of what you need than me also, why the power maul? Unless you're making him attack something that has more than one wound, it's a few extra point with no benefits : /
    Incase of special character basically. Just to make sure if I fight something that potentially is really dangerous, my maul will let me get a few hits in first.

If you want a proper Terminator Guard for Typus you make Scythes for them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    If you want a proper Terminator Guard for Typus you make Scythes for them all.
    It'd only be useful when charging then :P I don't care for fluff, I'm not entirely making a death guard army. more a fraction of one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    Incase of special character basically. Just to make sure if I fight something that potentially is really dangerous, my maul will let me get a few hits in first.
    Well then drop the power fists and get Lightning Claws. It doesn't matter if they're Initiative 1 because of concussive, Power Fists always go last XD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Man I'd love to see the full fury of the space wolves brought to bare against the Inquisition, it would be such a spectacle.

Don't want to spoil it but The Emperor's Gift is the perfect book to read on this subject.

Hmm, I'm going to buy another box of termies and kit them out with more melee. I'm just keeping my options open.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, I've played through Space Marine once and that'll be enough for me I think...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post

Read the Emperors Gift, it details a squad of Grey Knights on the lead up to the First War of Armageddon, and the subsequent war against the Wolves afterward, great read.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't kept up with the Tyranid plots, but has The Leviathan Swarm been defeated yet? Last I had checked on the wiki is that it was still incoming...

I believe that Leviathan is one of the smarter ones, no?