Thread: Warhammer 40K

Page 49 of 133 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    As far as we know, it's still headed towards Terra, being drawn be the Astronomicon

Deleted
    I'm painting up a squad of sanguinary guard at the moment, but for a flesh tearers army (they are my Blood angels army I have reffered to before), I'm giving them khorne red armour instead of the traditional gold, thought it suited better for flesh tearers, but I don't know what colour to do their power weapons, I was thinking maybe green or blue..

You need more of a bordeaux colour for the Flesh Tearers, no? On the other hand, it might stand out nicely. Power weapons are always blue. I've made mine purple, it stands out. Green is wonderful. go for green.... greeeeeen...

Im reading Angel Exterminatus. BRILLIANT book. I'd just wish there was less yada yada with the loyalists.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/pi...cd940c211b.jpg really digging this talos and paint scheme for Dark Eldar.

I think thats done with airbrushes. Looks damn cool though!

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    I think thats done with airbrushes. Looks damn cool though!
    OH yeah I'm positive it is as well I just really like that scheme man though something that good looking there is no way I would want to field it.

Im starting to find the emperors children more and more annoying, the entire descent into chaos thing during the heresy slightly strange as they almost leave all brotherhood behind.
    Also i hate how there are hardly any represented loyalist Primarchs left. I like chaos, but find the ballance in the WH40k universe a bit odd on the human front.
    Bah. Angel Exterminatus was a great read btw. still doesn't really make Perturabo anything else than a 2d character. " I have great dreams, i think wonderfully" Yet in the universe he simply remains dull as fuck. Bah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, technically most loyalist primarchs are probably alive. Most went to fight chaos in the eye of terror or are in comas. Only two are truly dead and there are more and more books saying that ferrus manus had his head re attached on mars

Deleted
    Im starting to find the emperors children more and more annoying, the entire descent into chaos thing during the heresy slightly strange as they almost leave all brotherhood behind.
    Also i hate how there are hardly any represented loyalist Primarchs left. I like chaos, but find the ballance in the WH40k universe a bit odd on the human front.
    Bah. Angel Exterminatus was a great read btw. still doesn't really make Perturabo anything else than a 2d character. " I have great dreams, i think wonderfully" Yet in the universe he simply remains dull as fuck. Bah.
    I think he's one of the best of the Primarchs after reading AE. He's a craftsman who wants nothing more than to build beautiful cities for humanity to inhabit, but because of his lineage he's forced into tearing down the structures he loves, and forced into building fortresses instead of the wonders he would want to create. His reasons for siding with Horus have probably been the best yet as well.

Deleted
    Last few paint brushes I've bought have splayed really fast, as much care and attention I give them, they have stray bristles and I can't seem to fix it.

Anybody have any tips for keeping them in good shape?

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Last few paint brushes I've bought have splayed really fast, as much care and attention I give them, they have stray bristles and I can't seem to fix it.

Anybody have any tips for keeping them in good shape?
    I used to lick my brushes to keep their shape, also wash them after use. Stray bristles can be clipped off with clippers.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    I used to lick my brushes to keep their shape, also wash them after use. Stray bristles can be clipped off with clippers.
    Yeah i always wash them thoroughly and pinch them to keep their shape, gona have to buy some clippers to get rid of those stray bristles, don't really have anything small enough here atm, its enfuriating when there is one bristle that just wont stay the hell down.

I've come to the conclusion that GW brushes aren't too good, and that I personally will start buying proper ones.

Deleted
    I've come to the conclusion that GW brushes aren't too good, and that I personally will start buying proper ones.
    I've found the same thing, the last 3 brushes I bought were GW ones and they went into poor condition alot faster than others I've used, still not entirely sure where to go to find "proper" brushes though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I've found the same thing, the last 3 brushes I bought were GW ones and they went into poor condition alot faster than others I've used, still not entirely sure where to go to find "proper" brushes though.
    Ordinary art supply store. My girlfriend studies art, so I nick off with hers, she doesn't like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went to hobby lobby and got a 5 pack of artist brushes for 5$. Ill post the brand when I get back home.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I went to hobby lobby and got a 5 pack of artist brushes for 5$. Ill post the brand when I get back home.
    Quality review too :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quality review too :P
    Best paintbrushes I have. They have a ultra detail brush that is short and pointy.

10+ Year Old Account
    The brand is sterling studios:

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never noticed how big the flamer template is lol