Thread: Warhammer 40K

Page 50 of 133 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    The Army Painter put out some good quality brushes, they run a basic and a primo range, just the basic ones blow GW's stuff out of the water though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, the Exterminatus thing looks awesome for Space Marine... Too bad I never actually bought the game let's not ask too many questions here.

Still hoping for 40K MMO... One of these days...

15+ Year Old Account
    Exterminatus is fun, think a 3rd person version of DoW 2's Last Stand. Love playing assault/raptor and raining death on the enemy.

At this point I think a 40K MMO would be the only thing to bring me back to MMO games in general, after 8 years of WoW I've had enough.

A forgotten world-esque(yet amazingly awesome in comparison, because lets face it, forgotten world sucked) WOuld be great. Being a simple officer all the way up to a space marine. Who knows. THere are millions of cool things that could be implemented.
    Could be imperium focused, or it could be with all the factions. I would honestly be happy with imperim vs chaos cloak and dagger like gritty hive world feel.

Deleted
    I know dark millenium isn't an MMO anymore, but is it still being worked on?

Last I heard they were turning it into a co op/ single player RPG game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are Hunter-Killer Missiles worth the 10 points... Seems decent enough but it's only one shot a game...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I know dark millenium isn't an MMO anymore, but is it still being worked on?

Last I heard they were turning it into a co op/ single player RPG game.
    I've heard whispers from around the internet that it was dropped with the dissolving of THQ but nothing has been confirmed yet. SEGA have bought the Relic studio but whether they keep the project alive remains to be seen.

Deleted
    An MMO based on 40k wouldn't work. They'd either have to completely ignore half the factions, and piss off a load of people, or gut the flufff, which would piss off a load of people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    An MMO based on 40k wouldn't work. They'd either have to completely ignore half the factions, and piss off a load of people, or gut the flufff, which would piss off a load of people.
    Actually, Warhammer Online (despite it's shit launch) is pretty decent, and managed to follow the fluff for Warhammer fantasy. Not sure if that would really work with 40K but it's definitively something to try.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Actually, Warhammer Online (despite it's shit launch) is pretty decent, and managed to follow the fluff for Warhammer fantasy. Not sure if that would really work with 40K but it's definitively something to try.
    I don't disagree that it could be possible to pull off a true to fluff MMO, but I for one am kinda glad we won't be seeing an MMO, after seeing so many MMO releases fall down after the hype, and especially after being disapointed with SWTOR, I am hoping for just a really good single player/ co op experience, if they release it that is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anything that lets me strap on an assault/raptor pack and wade knee deep in corpses gets my vote.

This is my Rhino I have almost finished, it's for my Emperors Children army and was inspired by Dota 2

I like that tank. Though... It needs more garish colours unless it's not actually Emperors children, but a fraction of their initial force...

Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    I like that tank. Though... It needs more garish colours unless it's not actually Emperors children, but a fraction of their initial force...
    I am leaning towards Emperors Children but haven't finally decided yet. My army is a bit of a mess at the moment, initially I just wanted pink space marines. The first ones I did from the dark vengeance box set I did a lot of pink and green and gold and wasn't really all that happy with how they turned out. I then got some more Chaos Space Marines and a Forgefiend and did them with a much more subtle black with bit of pink and I prefer what they turned out like. I do think this Rhino is missing something still, just can't put my finger on it.

Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    I am leaning towards Emperors Children but haven't finally decided yet. My army is a bit of a mess at the moment, initially I just wanted pink space marines. The first ones I did from the dark vengeance box set I did a lot of pink and green and gold and wasn't really all that happy with how they turned out. I then got some more Chaos Space Marines and a Forgefiend and did them with a much more subtle black with bit of pink and I prefer what they turned out like. I do think this Rhino is missing something still, just can't put my finger on it.
    Make your own chapter. Come up with lore for them etc. It's rather fun. Just make them slaanesh worshippers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dirty chaos worshippers ._.

Huh, apparently there's a high chance we're getting Tau codex next and that it has big changes. Good I've been interested in tau, they're the first 40k race I was shown way back when
    Last edited by Belize; 2013-03-22 at 02:50 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yep, leaked pics of the new Crisis Suit variation, the Riptide looks pretty cool, apparantly Broadsides carry their weapons as rifles now as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hattai View Post
    Yep, leaked pics of the new Crisis Suit variation, the Riptide looks pretty cool, apparantly Broadsides carry their weapons as rifles now as well.
    This sounds amazing, I always remember tau as one of the first races I got pretty excited about, they came out after I had been doing the hobby for about 2 years and I was younger back then so not really keeping up to date with the new stuff coming out, then one day I walk into games work shop to pick up some devastator marines and see these posters everywhere and a whole new army has been released, I ended up leaving with a tau battleforce instead.

15+ Year Old Account
    After playing Fire Warrior on the PS2 my interest was piqued with the Tau, but the stigma that pervades the group put me off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fire Warrior is not fluff accurate btw :P