Thread: Warhammer 40K

That reminds me of a friends Necromunder gang, they were the all female gang. So he filed and green stuffed all of them, and made them topless.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

I have the female Necromunda gang - House Escher

If you want really cool topless females I would suggest looking at Hasslefree Miniatures. Kev White, who sculpts the minis is a master of the female form in miniature.

Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    I have the female Necromunda gang - House Escher

If you want really cool topless females I would suggest looking at Hasslefree Miniatures. Kev White, who sculpts the minis is a master of the female form in miniature.
    Thing is he was the manager of the local store, he had some nice modified demonettes. Im talking the old metal demonettes not the crappy plastic ones.

His name was Chris Peach, now an army painter at Warhammer world.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Speaking of cool deamons. In the GW in CPH, one of the store clerks has made some awesome Slaaneshi plaguebearers. Covered the wounds with greenstuff, making them seem a bit chubby, made them pink and given them black/latex looking whips. They're quite well done. He is about to do the big mosquito's slaaneshified as well. It will probably look damn awesome.

Edit: Link of the Plaguebearers of Slaanesh made by the GW staff in Copenhagen
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater
    Last edited by Omnoms; 2013-03-29 at 11:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tau tommorow! Might start a tau army or maybe wait for 6th gen necrons. Well anyways I still need a rhino...

---------- Post added 2013-03-30 at 12:14 AM ----------

Woooooooooow the new tau

Deleted
    Holy mother of god, these new tau models look amazing!

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1$ a page for the CE codex man GW is very greedy I know that's usually what the CE codex's go for but still. I'm kinda meh on the models but then again I'm not a fan of the Tau anyways.

Yeah, not fond of the whole mech idea either. Silly tau. Models are looking alright, I simply feel other armies allow more "detail"(sure freehanding something on the tau is doable)

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, brush priming large surfaces is sooooo dull

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Ugh, brush priming large surfaces is sooooo dull
    Get a spraygun. Can only recommend it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    Get a spraygun. Can only recommend it.
    I know I should, but it's just not moneyz I can cough up lol. That and I'm not really set up for spraypainting.

I know I should, but it's just not moneyz I can cough up lol. That and I'm not really set up for spraypainting.
    Aye well. Student here, not exactly rich either. Just get stuff as it goes by ^^.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know it's not 40k but it is I bought 40k relic the other day to play with my friends on board game night and it was pretty good. If you ever play Talisman it's the same but in the 40k universe with some polished rules. My one complaint is they use bust instead of full figures like Talisman but they are very detailed if you ever want to spend some time playing a relaxed game with the bros I would recommend Warhammer 40k Relic.

Stole some wings from my sanguine guard and am putting it on my Emperor's champion. Why not. (I'm pulling my sanguine guard apart for parts, mostly their weapons and wings, so that they can actually be put to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else having a problem where painbrushes start getting this y shape over time -.- I keep wetting them down to make them keep their shape but to no avail.

Anyone else having a problem where painbrushes start getting this y shape over time -.- I keep wetting them down to make them keep their shape but to no avail.
    Yea this pretty much happen to all brushes over time all though it does depend on the bristles for how long they take to detoriate

Here is what I do

This is pretty obvious and I would imagine most people do this already but never leave your brushes tip down in a water pot, I always leave mine lying on my desk.

Use different brushes for different jobs; I usually buy two types of brushes, cheap sythentic and expensive. When I say expensive I don't mean really expensive, in UK money about £3 each, the cheap ones are about £1 each or less. I only use the expensive brushes for what I call "soft work" basically where I won't be jamming the brush into small spaces or using it extensively. Then my cheap ones I again split into two groups. One group is the ones that still have their nice shape which I use for neat work and the other group are large or crap ones which I use for anything that could cause damage to the brushes like painting a gravel base, dry brushing or just excessive brush work like slapping on a basecoat over the whole model.

You can also do things to keep your brushes pointy I do this the icky way which is every time I wet my brush (which is very often) I put the tip in my mouth and gently suck it while dragging the brush out. It's dirty I know but yes I am a brush licker. The other way is to roll the brush on your thumb. If you look at your thumb there is a curvature between the knuckle and the nail, you can roll you brush on this to draw the bristles together to a point.

Generally it is just a case of being kind to your brushes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rhino!

Looking very good. WOrk a bit more on the tracks though. Drybrush some brown or more black wash on it =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, I don't really want to, I like how clean they look. I do have the Earthshade Brown wash but... Meh... not aiming for a golder demon here, you have to look at it from a distance anyways.

No, I understand, but it doesn't even look like it got given a wash of nuln oil.