Thread: Warhammer 40K

10+ Year Old Account
    So the rumors were true... Its is eldar getting an upgrade next. Not sure how I feel about the flipping huge ass model. I understand it's an answer to other races having monstruous creatures or really big tanks but eh

I quite like it. And melee wraithguard look suhweet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Id love to see a size comparison between the Wraithknight and a Warhound titan. Kind of felt like the Riptide was borderline too big but acceptable, the Wraithknight just seems way over the top.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    Been considering them vallejo paints as I've seen a few of buypainted's tutorials.
    You should do it. Vallejo paints are much better than GW's, the only dislike I have to them is some of the metallics are abit grainy but I use Reaper paints for those instead.

Never saw this thread before some how!

But anyway, I'm looking to start collecting Orks since I tired to come back after like an 8 year break away but tired Dark Eldar and Chaos Daemons and didn't like painting either of them so no point me even trying. Need to sell all my daemons now though.

Got my self a Heldrake today...hehe... got like 40 models to paint.. .bloody hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    Got my self a Heldrake today...hehe... got like 40 models to paint.. .bloody hell.
    yeah, im probably gonna pick up a necron battleforce sooner or later... that'll be fun to paint

---------- Post added 2013-05-31 at 02:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by UnCorpse View Post
    It would be fun to see a khorne army dedicated to only fighting other chaos armies, with no interest on the imperium or other Xenos.
    That's Malal, but I'm pretty sure he's been retconned by now... Although the Sons of Malice do exist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnCorpse View Post
    It would be fun to see a khorne army dedicated to only fighting other chaos armies, with no interest on the imperium or other Xenos.
    A few years back I had this idea for a Tzeentch force that purposely fought against all chaos armies to stop them from winning and taking over the universe, the reason being that if chaos wins then the universe will cease to change, and will end causing the fall of the chaos gods (no new worshippers etc) and in the end Nurgle would be the last one standing.

10+ Year Old Account
    So here's an embarrassing story.... I got some flesh paint to try and paint some faces, mostly for shits and giggles, but also to improve. Anywho, I started painting the terminator helmetless face and everything was going really well. A guy at my local hobby club had told me to give them a black was, so that it goes into the crevices and do the eyes and mouth etc. Sounds like a good plan right?

Well lets see, first I messed up my wash, but that didn't come into effect until later. First try, the wash lobs on the face and covers everything. OH SHIT, it's ok I fix it and apply a new layer of flesh to cover the grey left behind. Second try goes much better, but I wasn't satisfied with it having black marks. So I put ANOTHER layer of flash paint over the area's I want to redo, and then wash it with a light brown wash. Looks pretty good for a first try to I set it out to dry.

Come back 30 min later to realize that

A. I forgot the rubbing alcohol in my black wash to make it dry faster. Both washes had run down the face of the model, mixing and making it look like it was melting.
    B. multiple layers of paint have a tendency to lump up. Especially when you don't wait for them to dry before applying the other. Not only was he melting, but also had tumors growing on his face.

Needless to say, I just threw away the head. I couldn't bear look at the abomination I created.

You both horrify and disgust me Belize To treat your miniatures in such manner, tsk tsk.
    I've got my heldrake off it's sprues, going to basecoat everything, paint everything, then assemble.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    But hey, in case you want to make some death guard, now you know how to make them look extremely diseased!
    Yeah, I thought about it, then decided I wasn't going to get a Chaos army any time soon

im waiting this game it will be AMAZING explosion in MMO games

also to improve. Anywho, I started painting the terminator helmetless face and everything was going really well. A guy at my local hobby club had told me to give them a black was, so that it goes into the crevices and do the eyes and mouth etc. Sounds like a good plan right?

Well lets see, first I messed up my wash, but that didn't come into effect until later. First try, the wash lobs on the face and covers everything. OH SHIT, it's ok I fix it and apply a new layer of flesh to cover the grey left behind. Second try goes much better, but I wasn't satisfied with it having black marks. So I put ANOTHER layer of flash paint over the area's I want to redo, and then wash it with a light brown wash. Looks pretty good for a first try to I set it out to dry.

Come back 30 min later to realize that

A. I forgot the rubbing alcohol in my black wash to make it dry faster. Both washes had run down the face of the model, mixing and making it look like it was melting.
    B. multiple layers of paint have a tendency to lump up. Especially when you don't wait for them to dry before applying the other. Not only was he melting, but also had tumors growing on his face.

Needless to say, I just threw away the head. I couldn't bear look at the abomination I created.
    Were you mixing your own washes? I've used the premade washes from GW for a few years now and they have always worked like a charm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jettzypher View Post
    Were you mixing your own washes? I've used the premade washes from GW for a few years now and they have always worked like a charm.
    Yeah I am. As much as I love spending 4 $ on tiny bottles, I'd rather use that money on actual paints that I can't make myself

Well, I would suggest buying at least one until you can figure out the right consistency on making your own. And by having bought one, you'll have something to follow when mixing up your own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does the 6th ed rulebook say that grey knights and SW are battle brothers... they may both be astartes but they hate each other >.> I think it should have been allies of convenience

Edit: scratch that I miss saw, they are allies of conveniance
    Last edited by Belize; 2013-06-11 at 08:07 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    In case anyone missed it, new MMO on the horizon, Warhammer 40000: Eternal Crusade

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, as I've said before I wish it was just a 40K version of Planetside 2. I think that would work the best...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Honestly, as I've said before I wish it was just a 40K version of Planetside 2. I think that would work the best...
    Often thought the same thing, Terminator MAX suits and all the rest. Seeing a land raider carve up terrain in that sort of setting would be awesome.

Deleted
    Really thinking of getting into this, have pretty much decided on Chaos space marines. So i'm going to get the Dark Vengeance boxset to start. Anybody have a good website to inspire me for army/ paint scheme ideas? Pretty much decided i want to go as my own original chapter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hattai View Post
    Often thought the same thing, Terminator MAX suits and all the rest. Seeing a land raider carve up terrain in that sort of setting would be awesome.
    Mmhmm, hopefully when PS2 does the Light Assault revamp, they add a jetpack tha lets you get into combat really fast like Assault Marines.

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 03:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Laerath View Post
    Really thinking of getting into this, have pretty much decided on Chaos space marines. So i'm going to get the Dark Vengeance boxset to start. Anybody have a good website to inspire me for army/ paint scheme ideas? Pretty much decided i want to go as my own original chapter.
    for CSM you usually want a color scheme that fits the god you like. Reds for khorne, Purples/vibrant colors for Slaanesh, greens for Nurgle, and blues for Tzeench. You can also go Chaos Undivided and pick a neutral color like black or something...

Also, I recommend picking up a battleforce instead of Dark Vengeance and get an HQ on the side. You'll usually have more usefull stuff in a battleforce. But that's just my personal preference. Hell, if you don't want the regular marines that comes with it, I'll take them off your hands