Thread: Warhammer 40K

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to admit; Papa Smurf looks pretty awesome Oo

Deleted
    Wow, never thought I'd see it happen. Not the biggest fan of ultramarines but I gotta admit he looks pretty awesome!

Guilliman picking up where his father left off. Launches the Indomitus Crusade.

Yep!
    Pretty funny this, these new marines are going to divide the camps.

I'm personally having a great time dealing with the new story.

In other news: Previous GW painter/'eavy metal studio guy told me he liked my work and I could probably apply for a job with them if I spent another 3-6 months.
    Could be pretty cool.

15+ Year Old Account
    So, how about that 8th edition?

Primaris Space Marine FAQ.

A whole new type of Space Marines! That might just be the most exciting thing to happen to the Imperium since Roboute Guilliman woke up from his 10,000 year nap and decided to save the galaxy. But what does their arrival mean? How will it affect your collection or army? What modelling options will you have? Read on to find out.

So, what’s a Primaris Space Marine?

These are a brand-new breed of warrior, commissioned by the Primarch Guilliman and developed in secret on Mars for the past 10,000 years by Archmagos Belisarius Cawl. Find out all about them and check out an awesome video here.

Are all my current Space Marine miniatures redundant now?

No way! Primaris Space Marines do not replace regular (if a superhuman killing machine can be described as ‘regular’) Space Marines. These guys have a few extra genetic enhancements, thanks to Belisarius Cawl, and serve as additional reinforcements in the Adeptus Astartes arsenal, not replacements.

Will there be multiple types of Primaris Space Marines?

You bet. So far you’ve seen the Intercessors, the line infantry clad in Mk X armour, but there are plenty more on the way. And likely vehicles too…

Wait, Mk X armour?

Yup, these guys have new armour: combining the best bits of classic Horus Heresy-era plate, with some fancy tech developed more recently.

Can I field a whole army of Primaris Marines?

You totally can. From a background point of view, some Chapters, especially those decimated in the events of the Gathering Storm, now have entire companies of these new warriors. Others have incorporated squads of Primaris Space Marines into existing Battle Companies. And perhaps most excitingly, Guilliman has founded some entirely new Chapters out of these new Space Marines.

I have an <insert favourite Chapter> army. Can I field Primaris Space Marines?

Any of the galaxy’s many hundreds of Codex Chapters can use Primaris Space Marines, along with many of the less Codex-compliant ones like Dark Angels, Blood Angels and Space Wolves.

So, Primaris are just better in the game, right? What’s the point of using older Space Marines?

Marine to Marine, they certainly have some advantages over a Tactical Squad, but it comes at a cost. These guys will cost more points than standard Space Marines, so you’ll have fewer of them, and their weapon options will be different. For maximum tactical punch, you’ll want to bring all your Space Marines to the tabletop.

What if I don’t want to use them?

Well, aside from missing out on some cool new models and tactical options for your army, then that’s totally cool. You certainly don’t have to include Primaris Space Marines in your Space Marines army. Though when you see the Primaris Redemptor Dreadnought, you’ll want to. Primaris Dreadnought? Did I write that…? Nah. Moving on.

Are the kits compatible with existing Space Marine kits?

Good Question. There are certainly elements of the existing Space Marines kits that will be cross-compatible, while the new armour mark means that some parts won’t mix as easily. Shoulder pads and helmets are the same scale, and will still work, whereas the legs, torso and arms are different, and not quite as interchangeable. In terms of the Primaris sets themselves, you’ll have loads of fun kit-bashing them.

Can I use these guys alongside my Astra Militarum army?

Yeah you can. These new Space Marines will be available to use alongside all Imperial armies to fill some battlefield roles your army might normally struggle with.

Do the Primaris Space Marines play nice with the Adeptus Custodes?

They sure do. Many of the Emperor’s elite golden guard are accompanying Gulliman and the Primaris Space Marines on the Indomitus Crusade.

But I play Chaos! Where are my super-super-human reinforcements?

First off, that’ll teach you for turning your back on the Emperor. Secondly, did you not see the Death Guard teaser video? The Chaos Gods have not been idle – we guarantee there are some warp-charged hulking warriors on their way for you guys in the not too distant future.

Guilliman be blessed, these guys are rad! When can I get them?

Primaris Space Marines will be available alongside the new edition of Warhammer 40,000. Oh and while we’re on the subject, we’ll be announcing the release date before the end of this month…

The primaris models look pretty good. But the lore for them is terrible. GW studio cannot write lore at all at the moment. Everything they put out is lazy, cliched, poor writing and full of holes.

BL and FW do a good job so what is wrong with GW?

Quote Originally Posted by Unhinged View Post
    The primaris models look pretty good. But the lore for them is terrible. GW studio cannot write lore at all at the moment. Everything they put out is lazy, cliched, poor writing and full of holes.

BL and FW do a good job so what is wrong with GW?
    BL and FW ARE GW.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    BL and FW ARE GW.
    They are the same company but do not share resources or personnel and act as seperate silos. They are seprated arms. BL commission writers for novels. FW and GW have their own studio writers and there is no cross over between them. This is why there is a big difference in quality .

Quote Originally Posted by Unhinged View Post
    They are the same company but do not share resources or personnel and act as seperate silos. They are seprated arms. BL commission writers for novels. FW and GW have their own studio writers and there is no cross over between them. This is why there is a big difference in quality .
    Hm. Almost, but not entirely.
    It's not the absolute vacuum that you see there.
    But mileage does indeed vary due to the nature of how BL functions.
    FW is practically just an extra arm of GW and they communicate. A lot.

More interesting stuff on Primaris Marines taken from reddit.

Well Primaris Marines sure have been the talk of the town lately. But GW just did a livestream Q&A which helped to uncover some more info about them, some which I think this sub will really like.

- Primaris Space Marines are not created solely through some vat-grown technology, as one might assume because the trailer has all these tubes on display. They can be made from normal human recruits just like normal Marines

- All current Primaris Chapters (composed of only Primaris Marines) have been founded in a new founding, titled the Ultima Founding on the order of Rouboute.

- Not all are from Mars! Well, at least with a little time. Initially they are, but most importantly Guilliman is giving Chapters the technology to produce their own Primaris Marines using their own methods and chapter culture on recruitment.

Perhaps the biggest reveal though is that current Space Marines can be adapted to become Primaris Marines

Yo Warhammer nerds.

The new nurgle release is ABSOLUTELY insane.
    Just snagged the new Great Unclean One.

I've got Death Guard and now Nurgle Daemons.

How is your hobby going?

Yo Warhammer nerds.

The new nurgle release is ABSOLUTELY insane.
    Just snagged the new Great Unclean One.

I've got Death Guard and now Nurgle Daemons.

How is your hobby going?
    I am about to place an order for FW with just custodes. I am also picking up some of the new GW ones as well. I finally found out the FW paint recipe they use so looking forward to getting back into it after a big break of a decade.
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate

10+ Year Old Account
    So what's the status of the Golden throne? Still the same its been since it first came out?

Holy fuck.

I just got a job at GW.

Also yeah. Golden Throne still the Throne of Gold that has the corpse-god nestling his buttocks firmly upon it.

Khaion is such a fething hypocrite it’s astounding.

5+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere my name makes SENSE haha

Holy fuck.

I just got a job at GW.
    Congratulations!

Just need to show one of the new models for the Wrath & Rapture Box Set

Daemonette playing the harp on a guy’s inside, Sick
    Do you hear the voices too?

The back is even prettier.
    Such sweet suffer.
    Oh, I've been up to a bunch of stuff.
    Shame the thread is kinda dead.
    Here's a plague marine I did.

Edit: Wont let me upload.
    UGh.

https://imgur.com/a/DOXl0p0
    Last edited by Omnoms; 2018-11-30 at 04:07 PM.