Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    yeah i've noticed that the amount of AoE gets pretty ridiculous at some points and the only thing to do is just keep your ranged weapon out and shoot
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

Deleted
    Ele is by far the worst class in PvP, so no endgame with my ele.

Deleted
    Absolutely not, I wanted to roll a charr warrior from the start, and I did. Granted, I did take a break to try out some other classes for a couple days, but now I am back on my warrior, I love almost all of the weapon skills, at the moment I'm switching between rifle and greatsword, probably not the most efficient but its so damn fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, before pre-release i was absolutely sure, that i'm going to play Elementalist. I still do like this class a lot, but ended up on a Warrior as my Main class. I really fell in love with my little Asura Warrior, when i tried her. Never thought this to happen, as i normally avoid Warriors as a class like a plague. So my Asura Elementalist didn't really disappoint me, as i like this class too, but my Heart beats for the Warrior.

I have been having second thoughts about my mesmer, but then I discovered the Mersmersin and Phantank builds and fell in love all over again :P
    My problem with thief is that when i world pvp (which i think is the most fun) i get stuck having to use my short bow since i cant survive with dagger/dagger without dying because all the AOE.
    As someone playing a melee class wearing light armor, I could write a book on being blown up by AoE haha. That being said, there is an easy way around them: dont attack from the front. In most Mexican Standoffs, AoEs will be concentrated between the two groups. Front lines are taking tons of damage, and anyone there not in heavy armor (war+guardians have no problem surviving in melee btw) is gonna get ripped open.

As a squishy melee, what you want to do is either (A) Charge through the no-man's-land as fast as you can without stopping or (B) Circle the ennemy group and attack from the flanks/back. Be advised that when choosing option (B) you may have a small group break off and charge at you if you are alone. Thats actually a good thing, as you can generaly get away with only 1-2 following you, which you can then take out and come back for more.

Either way, players rarely AoE on their allies, so the middle of the ennemy's group is a surprisingly safe position to be in for someone slipery like a thief or a mesmer.
    Last edited by Nikijih; 2012-09-03 at 06:33 PM.

So, far I am not disappointed. My main is an engineer and I am enjoying it.

Same here. Happy with an engineer so far.
    They know how to milk the cow.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. I generally play Warriors and Paladins and both the Warrior and the Guardian impressed the heck out of me. Honestly it's the classes I don't usually play that I was hoping would be more enjoyable in order to break my habit of rolling melee! I also really enjoy the Theif, but I really miss having a perma-stealth.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thought I was going to love guardian, gave it up for elementalist. Enjoying it a lot more, it feels like I have way more to do. It's much more fast-paced.

I'll end up leveling everything though because I'm just like that. I've already bought the remaining 3 character slots needed with gold.
    Last edited by Ihsatakar; 2012-09-03 at 10:03 PM.

Was thinking engineer but it just didn't click for me. Rolled a theif, I still have my gripes, but I really do like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakatashi View Post
    Thought I was going to love guardian, gave it up for elementalist. Enjoying it a lot more, it feels like I have way more to do. It's much more fast-paced.

I'll end up leveling everything though because I'm just like that. I've already bought the remaining 3 character slots needed with gold.
    I have to agree that classes with "stances" in addition to weapon swaping give them an incredible amount of variety in comparison.
    2 weapon combos + 4 stances is 8 different power sets. The sheer amount of weapon versatility to the Warrior doesn't make up for that.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I have to agree that classes with "stances" in addition to weapon swaping give them an incredible amount of variety in comparison.
    2 weapon combos + 4 stances is 8 different power sets. The sheer amount of weapon versatility to the Warrior doesn't make up for that.
    Elementalists can't weapon swap. Neither can engineers.

10+ Year Old Account
    No but with 20 different abilities on each weapon, not even counting slot skills, we'd never need to.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, goes to show how quickly I got bored with my Ele...yeah, didn't even get it to level 5.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Well, goes to show how quickly I got bored with my Ele...yeah, didn't even get it to level 5.
    Aww, you probably didn't even buy another weapon, collect the skills or unlock the new attunements. A dagger elementalists is hands down THE most engaging class in the game that requires the most attention. You'll find yourself constantly switching between all 4 attunements, using almost 16 different abilities on harder pulls and having to master your kiting and dodging to avoid getting 2 shotted by anything of a relevant level.

I'm not trying to sell the class to you, I just see way too many people running around assuming elementasts just cast fireballs from a staff and summon elementals.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Aww, you probably didn't even buy another weapon, collect the skills or unlock the new attunements. A dagger elementalists is hands down THE most engaging class in the game that requires the most attention. You'll find yourself constantly switching between all 4 attunements, using almost 16 different abilities on harder pulls and having to master your kiting and dodging to avoid getting 2 shotted by anything of a relevant level.

I'm not trying to sell the class to you, I just see way too many people running around assuming elementasts just cast fireballs from a staff and summon elementals.
    I think I was using a dagger and something else. But I just wasn't enjoying myself.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I picked engineer, now at lvl 71 i'm just starting to regret it a little bit, sometimes i want to use another weapon cuz rifle or pistols don't feel good enough for me so i keep using kits, turrets where kind of a letdown and some signets don't work too easy on it (like the one that stacks might on kill).

I'll have to see how it goes this week on Orr farming, just arrived there and 1 hour of doing events and dinged quickly, sadly is full of people and due to me being underleveled (71 against 78 mobs from a lvl 73 DE) means that most of the time i lose the event badges :C

Deleted
    I absolutely hated playing a mesmer, I even had the perfect name figured out (Unsolved Riddle) and the storyline seemed very interesting (Noble), yet they were very boring to play and enrolled Guardian, which I find to be... somewhat amusing.

I started with an Engineer. Then moved to a Guardian. Then a Mesmer. I'm now playing a Ranger and absolutely loving it. I never did take a huge liking to ranged classes (I've always played a Warrior or some kind of Tank), but something about the Ranger is just downright fun. Really enjoying the game right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm enjoying the Elementalist class however i find myself healing others during dynamic events and getting silvers and bronze if I pay too much attention to helping others, maybe they can add points for healing others because several times I've shown up just in time to save groups of four or five from certain death then getting bronze when really they'd all die and fail without healing.

(not saying I'm pro, but it would be nice for the game to acknowledge "healing" contribution to random groups instead of just getting the /say"thanks" or "saved us" as your only reward)
    Last edited by LastValheru; 2012-09-04 at 12:33 PM.