Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I'm loving my elementalist, which is the only class I actually played in beta also. It's definitely not perfect but the weak points are points that I knew before hand, such as how I seem to drop dead if anything even looks at me funny.
    Have not encountered this. O_o
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I'm loving my elementalist, which is the only class I actually played in beta also. It's definitely not perfect but the weak points are points that I knew before hand, such as how I seem to drop dead if anything even looks at me funny.
    Sometimes stuff just thinks about looking at my ele and she kills herself just to avoid the inevitable :P. It's a really big toolbox to deal with though, and I'm still learning.

I did the first instance yesterday and the whole group was dropping like flies, so I don't think it's just me.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Deleted
    I expected my Ele to be a bit more potent.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2012-08-29 at 04:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    In a way: Yes, but more or less due to boredom after playing him for 8 years. It's only to be expected, but doesn't keep me from being disappointed in my trusty Mage.
    Wrong forum bro.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Wrong forum bro.
    Already fixed

Necro, and no, not in the slightest. It's still the only character I have above like 4. I'm 43 on it atm. Absolutely love it. Hate using the staff though. It's pretty much the only thing I have for aoe combat though. It's marks are just boring to me. Hate using it.

Nope! My Guardian is 46 and I haven't wanted to stop playing him since 9PM EST on pre-launch night. The only issue I'm having right now is how to build him. I know I want a support character so I've been thinking Staff & Sword/Shield but the traits all seem so darn good! D:< I wouldn't call options disappointment though!

Rathalir Emberlight of the Crystal Desert realm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldrath View Post
    Necro, and no, not in the slightest. It's still the only character I have above like 4. I'm 43 on it atm. Absolutely love it. Hate using the staff though. It's pretty much the only thing I have for aoe combat though. It's marks are just boring to me. Hate using it.
    I think every profession has weapons like that. The love/hate relationship and all.

I fully dislike Scepter and Staff on my Guardian.
    I can't seem to find a specific set of weapons on my Warrior that I like outside of Axes and the Greatsword... but I don't want to stick to the Greatsword, because my Guardian already runs around with one. Trying to like Axe/Axe, but the animations just aren't as satisfying - and I can't find any Swords with non-bland models yet.

Yeah, I planned on playing a Necromancer, but stopped at level 15. Rolling a Guardian right now.

Warrior, love my class.
    Just some 2h-sword skills are bad, 3,4 and 5 are just meh.

Not really, I love the Ranger so far!

I planned on rolling a warrior and I'm exceptionally happy with him rifle / greatsword combo gives me virtually two classes to play at the same time! Very very happy

My mesmer is pretty weak when solo-ing in PVE. While my clones can help tank for me, I can't deal enough damage to make my clones survive long enough.

PVP is fun on my thief though. I feel like while my class may not be as both strong or tanky as a warrior, I make up for it in ultility and speed.

My mesmer is pretty weak when solo-ing in PVE. While my clones can help tank for me, I can't deal enough damage to make my clones survive long enough.
    Clones are not really suppose to tank for you like a rangers pet, they are more of a distraction. They are suppose to die.

Try grabbing the signet which increases illusion health and the trait that applys conditions when clones die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by redgrave9 View Post

PVP is fun on my thief though. I feel like while my class may not be as both strong or tanky as a warrior, I make up for it in ultility and speed.
    What weapon are you using on your Mesmer? Are you shattering for damage then re-summoning phantasms when they are almost dead?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdecker View Post
    Warrior, love my class.
    Just some 2h-sword skills are bad, 3,4 and 5 are just meh.
    i love greatsword warrior, that's what i've been doing 95% of my leveling as. 3 and 4 are my favorite skills personally, the thing I don't like about 5 is that you don't do the slash immediately after reaching them, it has this weird window where you keep running into them for a second. 2 is cool but having to stand still for it kinda sucks though i admit it would probably be OP if you could channel it while moving
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

10+ Year Old Account
    Ranger have dissapointed me in PVE. Pet dies too fast, which makes you pretty weak.. Gone with a warrior, never going back
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

10+ Year Old Account
    I love my thief. Also there are plenty of stealth of stealth abilities you just have to spec into them if stealth is your thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralamus View Post
    Anyone else feel let down by the class they were expecting to be using as their main?

So i'll get straight to the point. As someone who always plays rogue/thief types in MMOs (FFXI for 3-4 years, WoW for 5+) and other games that aren't MMOs (online and off), I've found the thief in GW2 to be quite disappointing. Stealth plays such a tiny role that it hardly feels like a thief/rogue class, and honestly I feel a bit too inclined to use pistol/dagger & shortbow in pvp while focusing on bleed damage as my seemingly best option. The damage feels too based on bleeds and the burst seems lacking for the class in general. There are also too few weapon choices for thief, give them axes or maces or even a 2h sword would be very interesting imo.

Despite this, I still play and level my thief sometimes (mostly because I feel obligated as someone who always plays the type and my brain keeps telling me it'll get better at some point), but to my surprise I've been enjoying warrior quite a bit so I'll probably be sticking with that unless something changes to the thief class.

edit: this thread isn't just about thieves, but feel free to discuss it or whatever class you feel like
    If I remember correctly, stealth has 0% to do with thief in FFXI. There was none at all :P

From the betas i decided to make warrior but i got bored of him really quickly and my mate decided to roll one anyway.

I mainly PvP and am having a blast with the mesmer so i guess i'll make that my main. Played a bit on a guardian as well and that was pretty fun with a greatsword.

EDIT: although mesmer is very slow at low levels in PvE, not sure if i can be bothered leveling him up hah
    Last edited by panterarules; 2012-08-29 at 10:35 PM.