Disc Priest: Misses on Raider's Training Dummy

With Divine Fury (Increases your chance to hit with Penance, Smite, Power Word: Solace, Cascade, Divine Star, Halo, and Holy Fire by 15%) and the new hit cap at 15%, I gather that nothing should miss. I was playing around with the raiding dummies and noticed two instances where my Holy Fire missed. Anyone have the same issue, or know anything of it? Thanks!

EDIT: Did some more Holy Fires. The missing seems very consistent (I've missed my last 4 or so, without missing a single Smite).
    Last edited by Ellumina; 2012-08-28 at 11:19 PM.

The raiding target dummies are now level 93 so that is why you are seeing misses.

Okay, thanks. I had a feeling that was the case, but I'm still a bit skeptical. Literally all of my Holy Fires have been missing, but Smites and PW:Solace have been hitting every time. That doesn't make much sense to me >< Unless it's some really insane RNG trolling me..

I haven't paid too much attention to Discipline so I could totally be wrong here, but don't you get some +hit to Smites and PW: Solace that you don't get on Holy Fire? That could make the difference there.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I haven't paid too much attention to Discipline so I could totally be wrong here, but don't you get some +hit to Smites and PW: Solace that you don't get on Holy Fire? That could make the difference there.
    Divine Fury gives us +15% hit to lots of Holy damage spells, including Smite, Solace, AND Holy Fire. While doing 8/8HM DS last night none of my Holy Fires seemed to miss so I guess I had some really weird RNG on the Raider Training dummies if they are indeed level 93 now. What are the chances that ~90% of my Holy Fires were missing yet Smite and Solace weren't?!

EDIT: I love Corgis <3 So cute!
    Last edited by Ellumina; 2012-08-29 at 04:05 PM.

Raid training dummies are indeed lvl 93 now, so yea must have been weird RNG that it was only happening to Holy Fire. And my love for Corgis was completly inspired by Ein in Cowboy Bebop

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Raid training dummies are indeed lvl 93 now, so yea must have been weird RNG that it was only happening to Holy Fire. *And my love for Corgis was completly inspired by Ein in Cowboy Bebop
    Yeah o.o Either it's RNG or I'm a derp. When I was testing on the dummies, I didn't have a bunch of addons running like Recount/Skada and MSBT (I had no text at all because I had it turned off in my UI settings). I only gauged my misses based on what Blizzard returned to me in my chat, stating Holy Fire misses but never told me I missed anything else! ^^

I love all adorable animals, especially small ones, and especially Corgis XD!

Boss level training dummies seem to be level 93 already, I miss a lot with all spells on them.
    I noticed it stated I had 15% spell hit in my character cheet, seems like Divine Fury is 15% hit on all spells for now - just giving us hit on some holy spells (Holy Nova isn't mentioned in the tooltip, neither are our dispells) and leaving out our shadow school talents and defensive cooldowns while other healers will hitcap all their spells due to the need of lots of sprit for all healers was just unfair anyway.

I'd like to just clarify that I jumped the gun on this the other day. Without any scrolling combat text or recount at the time, I could only tell what spelled I missed based on what Blizzard UI was telling me in the chat box. Only Holy Fire gets announced that it misses, white Smite and Solace also miss but don't get announced. Just wanted to clear that up ^^ I am indeed a derpy derp

Yay!

I am happy that was the reason though, the randomness of only missing one specific spell would have just been silly