Contemplating on 3v3 Comp in MoP

So I'll be playing with a Resto druid and a Mage who is prbly going to be frost. Having some problems deciding which of my 10 85s I'll be lvling first to use as main.

Any1 of you who has tried beta got any assistance to provide in the matter? I enjoy playing my chars equally so no need to point out that I should be playing my favorite class. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks are both fun to play, at least in my opinion, and seem to be very strong in MoP. Not only that, but a Warlock and a Mage will synergise well because of how their abilities can play off eachother both when it comes to CC and damage.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
    Warlocks are both fun to play, at least in my opinion, and seem to be very strong in MoP. Not only that, but a Warlock and a Mage will synergise well because of how their abilities can play off eachother both when it comes to CC and damage.
    Was thinking this myself, might just end up going warlock. Would like some more input though before deciding

I'd say warlock for offense, spriest for defense. Warlocks have great control and damage; spriest offhealing and (mass) dispels can be clutch for survival.

RMD or MLD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pssh Warlocks... im calling it now, Shadow Priest! will be the new warlock. Druid the new Shaman, and Mage the new rogue.

Mass Dispel.
    Health Swap + Dispersion
    WTF was that burst
    Incredible healing, beyond reason absorbs.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Most of you actually make compelling arguments, I would however like to know how the melee classes are doing so far in MoP PvP`?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixenlol View Post
    Most of you actually make compelling arguments, I would however like to know how the melee classes are doing so far in MoP PvP`?
    Everything a melee does, a ranged does atleast as good and often better. In addition they are ranged so have higher uptime and often bring more crowd control and utility into the mix. If you want burst DPS you take a Fire Mage or a BM Hunter, you don't take a Warrior or Windwalker. If you want crowd control, you likewise take a Mage or a Warlock or a Hunter, you don't take a Rogue. If you want utility, you bring a Warlock or an Spriest or a Boomkin, you don't bring a DK or a Retri Paladin or a Feral. The ranged classes are also the best self-healers in the game and a few of them are actually so strong in their hybrid healing that it gives your comp a ton of flexibility and survivability. An Spriest will top off the Resto Druid with heals when the Resto Druid gets a bursted in a CC.

Melee would do well enough to squeeze in a few gladiators (retri paladins) still but the way this game is balanced is that everyone does a similar amount of damage when doing damage. The only problem is that melee gets kited half the time or more and do ZERO damage during that time, while the ranged just do their damage all the time. We shouldn't even care about PvP balance anymore at this point, but if you do and are the type that gets enraged later on when you find out you're getting roflstomped by FoTM facerollers, go with ranged classes.
    Last edited by mmoc92c203c636; 2012-08-29 at 10:23 AM.

mage x anything basically works.

for 3's.

dru x mage x anything again. lock, spriest, rog especially.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    MLD looks like it'll be amazing. Or WMD. Those two I'll prob run on my Rdruid or my mage.
    Last edited by Zigen; 2012-08-29 at 11:41 AM. Reason: wrong comp name :p

Deleted
    MLD indeed, destro is once again ok in terms of dmg and survival, they hit like a truck. SP isnt bad either but the warlock brings more dmg/peels on the table, thats what you need to aim for, control and dmg.

Kinda tempted to go hunter tbh, how would they work with a mage and resto druid?

Mage ftw, looking forward for rmp also

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Pssh Warlocks... im calling it now, Shadow Priest! will be the new warlock. Druid the new Shaman, and Mage the new rogue.

Mass Dispel.
    Health Swap + Dispersion
    WTF was that burst
    Incredible healing, beyond reason absorbs.
    Shamans were kinda new druids moving from wotlk to cata.. and that psyfiend won't work that well in arena as it priorities fearing who attacks you. I get the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vixenlol View Post
    Kinda tempted to go hunter tbh, how would they work with a mage and resto druid?
    Hunter-mage doesnt have good synergy due to poly/trap sharing DR along with deep/monkey stun or intimdation, and even silencing shot/CS.