Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Outside your window... sit up straighter, that's bad for your posture!

Unhappy My GW2 Account was "blocked for unacceptable behavior" while I wasn't online...

This happened monday, I've had a ticket in since Monday night. But yeah has this happened to anyone else? I came home, found a Password Reset Request for my GW2 account in my email, logged over to the GW2 site and put in my info, it all worked, so I changed my account email address and password.

I got the Verification Email for the change, but when I clicked the link inside to verify I authorized the changes, it just returned an Invalid/expired link error. Regardless though, the new email worked and I could log in with that. So I fired up the launcher, went to log into the game to see if anythings been tampered with and was greeted with this message: "Account blocked for unacceptable behavior. Please try again when the block has expired." But I got no emails saying I was banned or suspended or even a reason! It just is. I'm trying to be patient but it's still frustrating.

The error code I get is: 45:6:3:2114

Soo... Yeah. Anyone else?
    "Is it a crime to know the truth? Is it sin to reach for those things which you fear?" - Schwarzvald

Deleted
    I've never had anyone gain access to one of my accounts in any of the many mmo's I play, no.

I never tell ANYONE any of my passwords.
    I never use the same password for two different games/websites.
    I never use the same accountname for two different games/websites.
    I never even use the same email for two different games/websites.
    And I know how to steer clear of keyloggers.

Additionally, I never use passwords related to my person, that can be guessed, like the name of a pet or similar.
    They're random letters/numbers to anyone else, like: TQbfj0LD
    But easy for me to remember: The Quick Brown Fox Jumps 0ver Lazy Dogs
    Last edited by mmoc7805351bd4; 2012-08-29 at 05:02 AM.

Deleted
    45:6:3:2114 Clearly means when the sun is in a 45degree angle, the sixth day in March year 2114. Yup, that's when you can once again log in.

It's probably what Jones said, you've shared the account with someone else havn't you?
    Last edited by mmocbd7275b6ea; 2012-08-29 at 04:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope all the details are kept solely mine and I have no one I WOULD share it with even if I felt so inclined. I've never given out usernames or passwords for anything, especially my game accounts. I tend to buy Authenticators as soon as they're available for just such reasons (well that and typical paranoia and all that lovely jazz).
    "Is it a crime to know the truth? Is it sin to reach for those things which you fear?" - Schwarzvald

15+ Year Old Account
    On a semi related topic, has anyone else noticed the distinct lack of "ZOMG I GOT HACKED" posts compared to some other MMO releases?

Quote Originally Posted by Aleros View Post
    On a semi related topic, has anyone else noticed the distinct lack of "ZOMG I GOT HACKED" posts compared to some other MMO releases?
    Not really. Happened a lot with TOR as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    I've never had anyone gain access to one of my accounts in any of the many mmo's I play, no.

Actually it is much better and harder for a password generator to get a word/ sentence with a set of numbers on the end, (exampleofit5674)

---------- Post added 2012-08-29 at 04:19 PM ----------

oh but for OP, I would have to guess you were hacked and a gold spammer used your character to advertise gold, I'm sorry. This is most likely a result of you using the same password/ email on any number of forums, which they can easily hack.
    I believe it's time for me to be famous.

Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post

I never tell ANYONE any of my passwords.
    I never use the same password for two different games/websites.
    I never use the same accountname for two different games/websites.
    I never even use the same email for two different games/websites.
    And I know how to steer clear of keyloggers.

Additionally, I never use passwords related to my person, that can be guessed, like the name of a pet or similar.
    Considering that the vast majority of "hacked" accounts come from either 0 day ad based flash exploits or shady javascript, nothing of what you mentioned (aside from giving out your password) is going to really make a difference unfortunately.

MMO-champ itself has fallen victim to bad ads deploying keyloggers on multiple occasions if you've been following the site for a long time.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a thread on reddit where you can post your character/account name and an anet employee tells you why you're banned. Might wanna try there.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    And now my account has been updated to "Permanently Banned" and I still have no idea what for. I looked into the Reddit thing and made an account and posted on the thread and sent a PM. Fingers crossed I guess :/

I would hope that the you did not follow the password request email's link to get to the GW2 site and instead manually typed in the guildwar2 site name yourself.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dairios View Post
    This happened monday, I've had a ticket in since Monday night. But yeah has this happened to anyone else? I came home, found a Password Reset Request for my GW2 account in my email, logged over to the GW2 site and put in my info, it all worked, so I changed my account email address and password.

I got the Verification Email for the change, but when I clicked the link inside to verify I authorized the changes, it just returned an Invalid/expired link error. Regardless though, the new email worked and I could log in with that. So I fired up the launcher, went to log into the game to see if anythings been tampered with and was greeted with this message: "Account blocked for unacceptable behavior. Please try again when the block has expired." But I got no emails saying I was banned or suspended or even a reason! It just is. I'm trying to be patient but it's still frustrating.

Maybe the unacceptable behavior is that you aren't playing and you should be

10+ Year Old Account

I think it was a fake email and clicking on that link got you hacked.

I guess you'll have to contact them.

edit: sorry misread.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2012-08-29 at 10:36 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    Maybe the unacceptable behavior is that you aren't playing and you should be
    Hahaha true
    Last edited by mmoca4581da904; 2012-08-29 at 11:58 AM.

This smells like scamming email attempt to me.

Deleted
    Yeah, my guess would be that a goldseller got your account details and your account got banned for selling gold.

Yep, they're already at it.

If this game goes over a few million sustained users, there will be hackings. They're rare at the start of a game, because few players have anything worth stealing. Pick an active WoW account at random and you'll probably get at least 50k in gold and assorted tat.

Plus the launcher helpfully offers to remember the account name and password for you. Presumably that means it stores it somewhere. If the game can retrieve it, a piece of malware can do the same. It's not good practice to save it, but you know 90% of people will do just that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I received 2 emails this morning stating that there was a request to have my account email changed, and to follow the link. I assumed this was the start of account theft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Many people have lost their accounts to gold sellers already so it's not unlikely that that's the reason you were banned. Just contact support and you'll get your account back.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    If this game goes over a few million sustained users, there will be hackings. They're rare at the start of a game, because few players have anything worth stealing. Pick an active WoW account at random and you'll probably get at least 50k in gold and assorted tat.

Plus the launcher helpfully offers to remember the account name and password for you. Presumably that means it stores it somewhere. If the game can retrieve it, a piece of malware can do the same. It's not good practice to save it, but you know 90% of people will do just that.
    If they can get it from a saved (and probably encrypted) file on your PC, they can log your keys too.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.