Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kouby View Post
    That discipline guide is total balls, the dude actually wants you to reforge to mastery three quarters of the time. He doesn't seem to have understood that to make mastery effective as a disc you'd have to spam PWS all day long, which is sure as hell not gonna happen in MoP and rarely happened in Cata. haste>crit will see you through much more effectively.
    Spamming shield was fine before the mana pool nerf. I could have shield as 50% of my healing with only 2,200 spirit(no trinket) and be fine on every heroic fight but spine(equiped the spirit trinket for that one). Now that my mana pool has gone from 175k to 100k, I've had to reforge a bit and alter my play style.

Also mastery benefits divine aegis(100% chance with prayer of healing) and spirit shell.
    Last edited by gyver; 2012-08-29 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    They did. Mage portals and tables, warlock summoning.

Also, doomguard summoning, where one member of the summoning party was sacrificed.

Those were good times...

Anyway, back to GW2, i have a whole new world to discover and enjoy, and sure as fuck, i am.

---------- Post added 2012-08-29 at 06:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Holydruid View Post
    yeah 400k subs, clearly wow is dead you retard.
    Clearly, your pathetic fanboyism clouds your mind so hard, you don't even realize he said that in a sarcastic manner.

People like you are pathetic, and the scum of the WoW community.

Deleted
    The old Alpha WoW magazine pages were great to read and look at!

Quote Originally Posted by lavafoxx View Post
    what i thought was interesting was the page that said "two humans and an orc standing around goldshire looking cool." like the original idea was to be able to get rep between alliance and horde and team up.
    It really is too bad they didn't take it that direction. There are screenshots around of early WoW with language profficiencies and other mixed-faction elements. It would seem like they had taken those from Everquest, which may be the reason they dumped the idea. Dark Age of Camelot having three distinct realms may have been an added factor, though the mixed-faction screenies of WoW were as late as 2003 (along with housing), so that was scrapped late (anyone know if those were in open Beta?)
    Spacebar spacebar spacebar spacebar click-selection spacebar spacebar click-selection spacebar spacebar dark-side.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hythos View Post
    It really is too bad they didn't take it that direction. There are screenshots around of early WoW with language profficiencies and other mixed-faction elements. It would seem like they had taken those from Everquest, which may be the reason they dumped the idea. Dark Age of Camelot having three distinct realms may have been an added factor, though the mixed-faction screenies of WoW were as late as 2003 (along with housing), so that was scrapped late (anyone know if those were in open Beta?)
    Yeah, its a shame. I would have loved to party up with my orc brothers and downed me some fools.
    If you can't make fun of something, its probably not worth taking seriously.

It's amazing what nostalgia can do.

What a revolution this game was to the industry. Truly the most groundbreaking.

I'd love to rewind time back to November 2004.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    MMO news on the front page of MMO-Champion. Is there something im missing...?
    Maybe he's confusing MMO-Champion with WOW-Champion.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Red face

I did giggle at article 9 at the bottom.

Blizzards No No list -

* the need to camp for crucial monsters

If only they had known what the future would bring.

Original goldshire was far better than what it ended up as, good thing they never kept the "2 humans and Orcs working on the relationship" which sounded very kinky and wrong the way the article was worded

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Its Not like mmo champions description reads "world of Warcraft news and raiding strategies"

Hmmm...
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2012-08-29 at 11:46 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    holy cow... 2001 news article? that was a very good read For a brief moment (what with a new and moderately unexplored xpack coming out) I felt like I was being introduced to WoW for the first time, and got that little tingle of anticipation in my chest. I rather enjoy little treats like those scans

35% Dragon soul nerf is also up.

Deleted
    World lag is a nightmare (EU). I want 2006 back.

There won't be any server merges, as cross-realm zone technology will be applied to the problem.
    And Blizzard proudly said "problem solved" and celebrated day and night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    To be fair, MMO-Champion pretty much is WOW-Champion, and has been for years.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Deleted
    Goldshire looks so much bigger in WoW 2001 than it does now :P

There won't be any server merges, as cross-realm zone technology will be applied to the problem.
    Fixing problems Blizzard style

Ugliest mount and stupidest looking pet I have ever seen. I normally get the Collector's Editions for Wow but this time I think I will just get the normal version..

World of Warcraft Huh im sure that will never take off

(My thoughts back in 2001 when that magazine was released LMAO)

pretty cool to read that again

Deleted
    Thanks for GW2 news

Quote Originally Posted by lewisderp View Post
    400k before release, 1million preorders so far. 1.4 million at an absolute minimum is the current number, its safe to say
    Your math skills astound me. You realize that the 400k is ALL the 1M. 1M got in early, 400k happened to play at the same time (probably when headstart launched).

Just to put it in perspective.. AOC presold more boxes.....

---------- Post added 2012-08-30 at 01:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tedsterz View Post
    Goldshire looks so much bigger in WoW 2001 than it does now :P
    They actually nerfed Goldshire when they realized they didn´t have time to make all the starter ´towns´ the same. Their original plan was for all the towns to be as big as goldshire... but instead of making 7 big towns, they just nerfed one.