Angry [5.04] Damage reduction and resilience

I really dont understand Blizzards test and release process - how they decide to let something out when its obviously broken.

So in PTR patch notes from the start it has been mentioned that new base damage reduction from other players is 30%. First month of PTR however they went out straight away with 50% instead which ended up with 80% resilience total with pvp gear. Then they reduced to 40% (70%). Everyone gave feedback that this is ridiculous as with level of healing no one is dying. Ok its PTR who cares but why did they release it with 40%, who and how decided that this will be OK to let this go out for one month on live?

Please dont tell me this is all balanced for lvl 90, I know that and I dont think I should just stfu and wait one month cause Im playing 12EU for this month and as a pure pvp player I want to have some fun for my money and participate on feedback which both is almost impossible to have or give. Also this is not some hard to change core system value, they could just easy go with 30%, 20% or anything more proper for lvl 85.

After those years I got a feeling like blizzard doesnt know the middle ground in pvp balance. What they release is most of the time way too bursty (dmg and healing) or noone dying at all.

ok, so now that I vent out my anger, something more positive on that topic. I think and hope with that with new resilience/pvp power system they got a tools to tune up pvp just right to be fun and fair in MoP (gear wise) and keep those pve items out of it. Here is a good complex preview of Resilience systems from Hydra -> http://hydramist.tv/arena/mists-of-p...l-fix-it-maybe.

Fingers crossed...

[EDIT] As some ppl pointed out below the problem is more on a healing side. Everything is out of balance atm, some spec do low dmg, some are bursty, healing is over the top for all. We are paying for one additional month of PTR.
    Last edited by Tullkas; 2012-08-30 at 05:33 AM.
    Rock: "We're sub-standard DPS. Nerf Paper, Scissors are fine."
    Paper: "OMG, WTF, Scissors!"
    Scissors: "Rock is OP and Paper are QQers. We need PvP buffs."

we dont have any gear with pvp power right now which is why nothing will die.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    so I checked random guy on US as they are online already and PvP gear is after conversion - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Pvper/simple

I see a lot PvP power there - same as it was on PTRs (15-20% more dmg total from pvp power if I remember it right), but even if there would not be any or not working yet properly - why to release it for one month with +40% base dmg reduction to kill the fun completely?
    Last edited by Tullkas; 2012-08-29 at 08:11 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Overall damage reduction from resilience compared to before has increased by less than 9%. The only problem is that pvp power boosts healing as well as damage which is already overtuned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    Every piece got pvp power, guess you didn't play 85 ptr or beta - because all the gear had it added ^^'

10+ Year Old Account
    Balanced. For. Level. 90. Stop. Crying. About. A. Game. Tuned. For. A. Different. Level. To. What. You. Are. Stop. Making. These. Threads. There's. Like. 10.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Balanced. For. Level. 90. Stop. Crying. About. A. Game. Tuned. For. A. Different. Level. To. What. You. Are. Stop. Making. These. Threads. There's. Like. 10.
    It's quite funny.

Theese threads show up everytime there's a pre-expansion patch.

They get hammered "balanced for 90!"

then the expansion arrives, and people hit 90, and the problem still exists, this has been the case for the TBC expansion, Wrath and Cata, what makes you think it'll "fix itself" this time?

Remember mages doing arcane barrage for crazy numbers right before wrath? and still did it when people hit 80?

We dont know if hitting level 90 will fix it, so drop it as the only argument, perhaps it will, perhaps it won't.

I'd take that over the driving wheel mages we got during cata prepatch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRyual8MNtc

---------- Post added 2012-08-29 at 01:00 PM ----------

Btw, i'm 90 on the beta, its the same shit unless you're a BM Hunter or a One-Shot Macro Warrior.
    Last edited by GrieverXIII; 2012-08-29 at 01:07 PM.

I stated above I dont care its balanced for lvl 90, I payed 12 EU for a month which is simply the same as PTR - broken piece of testing software, while it was not hard to tune it much closer to playable levels. Also how should we provide feedback with this to push them for more balanced starting season?
    Last edited by Tullkas; 2012-08-29 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tullkas View Post
    I stated above I dont care its balanced for lvl 90, I payed 12 EU for a month which is simply the same as PTR - broken piece of testing software, while it was not hard to tune it much closer to playable levels. Also how should we provide feedback with this to push them for more balanced starting season?
    Doesn't matter if you agree with it or not, everything currently is tuned for level 90, you will have to suck it up and deal with it.

Also, stop making these threads. Blizzard does not read these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    Doesn't matter if you agree with it or not, everything currently is tuned for level 90, you will have to suck it up and deal with it.

Also, stop making these threads. Blizzard does not read these forums.
    stop asking ppl to not make threads you are not a moderator. its totally valid to raise problems in gaming community. the thing that this is same every expansion doesnt mean we should suck it up, we are not sheep. I expect from blizzard to improve over the years instead doing same mistakes all the times while its quite easy to tune better.
    Last edited by Tullkas; 2012-08-29 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    It's quite funny.

Theese threads show up everytime there's a pre-expansion patch.

They get hammered "balanced for 90!"

then the expansion arrives, and people hit 90, and the problem still exists, this has been the case for the TBC expansion, Wrath and Cata, what makes you think it'll "fix itself" this time?

Remember mages doing arcane barrage for crazy numbers right before wrath? and still did it when people hit 80?

We dont know if hitting level 90 will fix it, so drop it as the only argument, perhaps it will, perhaps it won't.
    and what makes you think blizzard will get it fixed on its 4th exp? because they made d3 that great. yea right. if you don't like it anymore then leave and go play gw2 or someting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    I'd take that over the driving wheel mages we got during cata prepatch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRyual8MNtc

---------- Post added 2012-08-29 at 01:00 PM ----------

Btw, i'm 90 on the beta, its the same shit unless you're a BM Hunter or a One-Shot Macro Warrior.
    Dont you mean driving wheel mages we got right now! 5.04 World of Magecraft. Kill anything in a deep freeze.

I also dont understand this complaining about resilience being too high right now when I die in a deep freeze, or a shadow dance, or a ...
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2012-08-29 at 10:03 PM.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Livevil View Post
    Overall damage reduction from resilience compared to before has increased by less than 9%. The only problem is that pvp power boosts healing as well as damage which is already overtuned.
    I stand corrected here, the more I play I see the problem is obviously more on a healing side then very high reduction. The point remains the same though.

There is certainly an issue on live right now with regards to players having too much resilience and not enough pvp power. It is really just a case of them not balancing things for 85 so we have to wait it out for 90. PVP at 90 isn't perfect, it still needs work, but it is better than what we have right now. I am nearly done with my guide on the new PVP stats and PVP itemization for lvl 90, the thing is massive though so it is taking a while to edit. When it is done (likely this weekend) I will post it as an update to the resilience sticky at the top of this forum (which is now out of date).
    @EldacarJS - Warcraft PVP Enthusiast, Theorycrafter, and Blizzard PVP Forum MVP

Stop saying this, it wont balance out at 90 because we have already seen from the beta that it is not balanced. Dont say "oh well it's only a beta" because we're very near launch now, and much like Cata beat, 90% of this garbage won't be fixed before launch.

And reduction is definately not the issue, I go from 100% to 40% within seconds of someone slamming into me and i'm at 66.82%
    Last edited by thelordymir; 2012-08-30 at 03:43 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tullkas View Post
    I really dont understand Blizzards test and release process - how they decide to let something out when its obviously broken.
    Its not hard.
    Stick with me.

-Blizz balances the game for the new expansion that will run X years
    -Blizz wonders if they will also spend Y time to balance the game for lvl 85 for the month before MOP hits
    -Blizz realises thats retarded and doesnt do it.

I see the same cycle of arguments every time a new expansion launches.

1. Don't worry, BC will fix it.
    2. Don't worry, resilience will fix it.
    3. Don't worry, wotlk will fix it.
    4. Don't worry, cata will fix it.
    5. Don't worry, mop will fix it.

They never fix it. It's a constant cycle of nerfs and buffs which keeps things interesting. This is a pve game at heart that will never truly be balanced for pvp. But I still play because it's fun overall.