Thread: LoL new players

LoL new players

Looking for some newish players if there are any nowdays, just started playing from wow downtime not very good with the terms within LoL but learning how to play teemo/annie atm in bot games and would like find people to play with D:.

Quote Originally Posted by Binge View Post
    Looking for some newish players if there are any nowdays, just started playing from wow downtime not very good with the terms within LoL but learning how to play teemo/annie atm in bot games and would like find people to play with D:.
    What's your summoner name?

Binge22, normaly play as teemo

I do not recommend to many bot games. They will get you used to to playing in a way that is not possible in a real game. Use them to learn the map or practice new abilities. Use them for your first win and 150 ip. To many though and you have a huge adjustment to make. When you que fro pvp remember it will pur you in with peopel of your own lvl.

Usehttp://www.lolpro.com/ to look things up. They do not have the best guides but the explain all phases of teh game in the best way , laning, jungling etc.

If you only want to win the game play bot games, if you want to get better and improve play against real opponents. Bots game are good if you play a champion for the first time and just want to learn his skills.

Quote Originally Posted by digger66 View Post
    I do not recommend to many bot games. They will get you used to to playing in a way that is not possible in a real game. Use them to learn the map or practice new abilities. Use them for your first win and 150 ip. To many though and you have a huge adjustment to make. When you que fro pvp remember it will pur you in with peopel of your own lvl.

Usehttp://www.lolpro.com/ to look things up. They do not have the best guides but the explain all phases of teh game in the best way , laning, jungling etc.
    Eh, lolpro might not be the best site to visit for a brand new player, most of the guides there are written for people who have a semi-advanced understanding of the game. I'd check out reddit.com/r/summonerschool or browse the new player forums on the official site. But, definitely right about not getting too used to bots, real players, even unexperienced ones, are much different than playing the AI on this game, but still great for learning a brand new champ or trying out jungle routes etc.

Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    Eh, lolpro might not be the best site to visit for a brand new player, most of the guides there are written for people who have a semi-advanced understanding of the game. I'd check out reddit.com/r/summonerschool or browse the new player forums on the official site. But, definitely right about not getting too used to bots, real players, even unexperienced ones, are much different than playing the AI on this game, but still great for learning a brand new champ or trying out jungle routes etc.

i did not tell him to use guides. They have one of the best desciptions on laning jungling zoning etc, and they are tied to proper champs. So when you look at mundo, you get jungle and top lane explanations.

How does teemo hold out in normal games? thats what ive been played atm and like you guys said players will do differnt to bots, will try it later

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd suggest not using teemo, he is quite fragile and has low damage early game. Most of the time in normal games teemo just gets crushed at the start of teamfights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

How does teemo hold out in normal games? thats what ive been played atm and like you guys said players will do differnt to bots, will try it later
    He's a relatively strong Solo Top but (despite what most the people who hate him for his speed/shrroms would tell you) requires you be fairly competent to do well.

is there any other champs like him, i really like playing him but dont want to handicap myself

Binge22, normaly play as teemo
    It says it doesn't exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about teemo's style do you enjoy? Also what region are you playing in? You don't appear to be on NA servers.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2012-09-02 at 03:10 AM.
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

EU West Severs, and i love the attack base speed of him, it seems to work quite well later on in games but can see were its abit crap at first

http://i48.tinypic.com/xndqut.png look the advice and played with players lol
    Last edited by Binge; 2012-09-02 at 01:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it is the attack speed you like then AD carries are probably the champs you'd also like. Champs like Ashe, Sivir, and Tristana are all quite good at that. There are some melee champs that also focus on building attack speed or have what is known as a steroid skill (Attack speed boost on activation are typically referred to as such) Warwick, Udyr, Volibear, Skarner, Wukong, Xin Zhao. There are quite a few more but I'd simply suggest learning as many champs as possible. The more champs you know how to play the better chance you'll know how to best counter them.

Deleted
    Why are people saying not to play Teemo? Play Teemo if you want, it will hardly matter that he isn't top-tier until you're level 30.

When you're starting out you should play any champion you find interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they want to see as little of the li'l rat in game as possible?

If you like Teemo, keep playing him. Experiment with different builds. Have fun.

Don't stop trying new champions, though. My favorites today aren't the same as they were when I first started the game. As your skills develop and your habits change you might find yourself enjoying differing roles and such.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Destromancer EU West. litteraly over thousands of games played, and i'd be happy to play some games with you and teach you what i know
    I wont mind losing games if i can help a new lol player into the game
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ