Thread: Preferred Race

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Preferred Race

Hi everyone,

I myself am really into the engineer class, the only thing I still need to decide is which race I prefer for this profession .

So I would like to know how y'all feel about which race goes best with the engineer profession or just which race you prefer overall and why you prefer that race / gender.

Also I would like to get out the creative part of you guys by summing up some nice Engineernames f.e. Tinker .. or something funny related to the profession.

Grtz
    Nevrax.

IMO the Charr make a good engineer race. The theme they follow is almost like the industrial revolution.
    As a name you can try something like "Blueprint" or "Toolbox". Remember you can have spaces in your name which means you can ahev a first and a last name. I named my ele. Master Raiden hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    IMO the Charr make a good engineer race. The theme they follow is almost like the industrial revolution.
    As a name you can try something like "Blueprint" or "Toolbox". Remember you can have spaces in your name which means you can ahev a first and a last name. I named my ele. Master Raiden hehe
    I must say that Charr is the race I am the least attracted too, although I don't really know why
    And indeed I was thinking of using that space option f.e. Tinker Nevrax or something .

I'm loving the Master Raiden name

Master Raiden? And you haven't been banned yet? Because that does violate the naming rules and ANet are really annoying with banning folks for crap like that.

Charr or Asura imo.

Deleted
    All my characters are going to be human I think, I just prefer the look. If I was going to make a non-human character, it would only be Charr, because they can be cute.

Sylvari, I like how their hair/skin glows sometimes!

I LOVE my Charr, but I hate the starting zone. It's all about killing ghosts and humans and then suddenly you are best friends with the humans. WTF?

I think the best starting zone is the Human one, just because of the 1-30 zones. Best race itself though, either Sylvari or Charr.

Deleted
    Norn all the way.

Norn.On my first 5 character slots, 2 of them are Norn(Warrior/Thief).

well the humans you kill arent from the core faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    Norn.On my first 5 character slots, 2 of them are Norn(Warrior/Thief).
    I must say I'm really pro Norn myself, almost all off my chars have been Norn race.

I keep trying making new chars with other races, but always end up with a Norn or Human

Grtz

Much to my surprise, human. I though Sylvari would be my favorite before release, but the humans just look so good.

Deleted
    I just love the Asura and everything they do.
    Also, the way they move, dodge en jump around is just awesome, every other race feels so sluggish after playing an asura.
    Other than that, Norn and Charr are great too, if you can overlook the charr main city being a pain to navigate through.

If you're set on making an engineer, i'd make it a charr!
    Last edited by mmoc625656238e; 2012-08-30 at 07:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jmarsiglio View Post
    Sylvari, I like how their hair/skin glows sometimes!
    *fist bump*

Sylvari is my first choice with human as a very close 2nd. It would be nice if there were more "long" hair options for Sylvari, but they are definitely the most unique to me. And so pretty!

Deleted
    Asura and charr would indeed be the most lore-suitable for an engineer. Charr pretty much represent the industrial revolution, building machines mostly powered by steam and coal. Dark, gritty, sharp - it really embodies the setting of the charr, in my opinion. The asura, on the other hand, employ a mixture of science and magic. Their inventions are more sleek and efficient than those of the charr, but also more volatile. If you like sophisticated terminology like magitechnical rebalancing gyros and substeering servos, asura is the way to the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Charr, Kryta is too backwards for Humans to really be any good at engineering

I NEVER play human in MMOs or RPGs, but in gw2 I just dont like any other races, so I chose humans. their nice capital added to that decision.

Out of all of my 5 characters all of them are human. I just can't stand other races. I do like the sylvari male running animation though.

Deleted
    lore wise I'd go char. Though asura also work.

But any race works in Tyria, I personally like sylvari for everything, their models are great and the personalisation options are unmatched.
    Last edited by mmoc4e3ce29075; 2012-09-04 at 01:31 PM.