Thread: Familiar voices

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekei View Post
    Warmaster Forgal Kernsson, his voice sounds VERY familar to Roy Campbell from MGS. I'll be damned if it's not him!
    While he did some voice work in TOR, he wasn't listed in GW2.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I thought I would hate Felicia Day, but I actually enjoy Zojja for some reason or another.

Steve Blum, while great as Rytlock, really really needs to get his throat cancer treated. I mean, put him in any game, and unlike say Nolan North, you can instantly recognize this guy. No vocal range at all

He's a perfect fit for Rytlock, I don't deny that in the least, but I'm a little worn on him just from how much I see him everywhere else

---------- Post added 2012-08-29 at 09:00 PM ----------

Eww, no. Same thing as Steve Blum, one voice to cast them all, and in the darkness be a terrible VA.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5Qf0CduGxY
    Not that he has a lack of vocal range, but rather everyone wants him to do his Spike voice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5Qf0CduGxY
    Not that he has a lack of vocal range, but rather everyone wants him to do his Spike voice.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqXFnGZxr0g
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Vathdar View Post
    Well, Jennifer Hale is the voice of the female sylvari, and there's this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXVqa675BSI
    HAH! i KNEW it was steve blum, haha thats awesome. that dude's voice kick's ass and he's done a TON of anime, games, tv shows; the guy is a legend in the voice acting realm.

Deleted
    While he did some voice work in TOR, he wasn't listed in GW2.
    Forgal's played by Paul Eiding who also did (amongst MANY voices) Grampa Max from Ben 10... which is THE COOLEST THING EVER

Fenris is the voice of Balthier, and everywhere that I hear him makes me flush. Such a sexy sexy man.
    I had just finished replaying FFXII when I got GW2. I thought I was going crazy at first, but there are quite a few FFXII voice actors in GW2.

I know fem norn is Claudia Christian, that chick from Babylon-5. And man, I can't stand her voice in GW2, she's like a worst actress ever. Which is kind of strange, since I've just been watching Disney's Atlantis few days ago and she voice one badass sexy chick there and she really acts great, beautiful voice, good acting with just enough of badass and sexy, like norn females theoretically should be. But in GW2 she's just plain terrible.

Also that steve blum dude starts seriously pissing me off, he's so SAME everywhere, I don't care if he's a perfect fit for Wolverine and Rytlock or w/e, I don't want to hear him ever again.

Deleted
    Yes, Illidan Stormrage is not dead, he's disguised himself and become a cook in Lion's Arch

15+ Year Old Account
    Neil Kaplan as generic Charr, its like Tychus Findlay from SC2 is there!

Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf View Post
    Also that steve blum dude starts seriously pissing me off, he's so SAME everywhere, I don't care if he's a perfect fit for Wolverine and Rytlock or w/e, I don't want to hear him ever again.
    I'm like this with Jennifer Hale. So I totally get that. Steve Blum's close, for me, but I haven't reached that level yet as I have with Hale, and I definitely can go without hearing her voice for a few years.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creotor View Post
    Yea, it's uncool when there's a bunch of characters with the exact same voice. Maybe, it's just not feasible to hire enough to avoid that for the most part.

Skyrim is REALLY bad in this regard - it feels as though there's ~10 voices in the whole game. There's of course, more. Probably.

Guess you never played Oblivion lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kekei View Post
    Warmaster Forgal Kernsson, his voice sounds VERY familar to Roy Campbell from MGS. I'll be damned if it's not him!
    It is. But to me, that voice will always be Eldred.