Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    He can still be easily soloed as a DK as frost spec in blood presence. Spread the adds outside his room (use hallway and astromancer boss room). I really don't want to explain it.. if you're skilled you can do it.

and I can still solo him on my hunter (bm spec)

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    It certainly is the bloodworms, also if you have gurthulak the tenticles can also cause you to become mind controlled.
    Yepp, 2 manned him with an arms warr buddy (i'm fury) and on our first try we both got MCed cause of Gurth tentacle... on the next try i changed to my 1 handers for SMF and we had no problems with MC at all, except for the normal MCing of the one who didn't tank. But a quick weap switch for dagger fixed that hehe.

But gl doing it as a blood DK, i have had problems with it on my own since patch aswell, but i gave up after 4-5 tries cause i already had the mount on my priest and was just helping a friend :P

It's def an issue with pets, because if you go in with no form of pet he behaves normally. For some reason he's treating pets as if they're his primary target even if they aren't. Pets have been doing strange things all week though so not a huge shock (my devilsaur decided to go skinny dipping on Madness this week, more than once)

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    No.
    Yes it did - happened often enough to me when bloodworms were up the second he mindcontrolled. Or even just gurth.

Then you were losing agro to your pets or suffering an earlier bug than this one.

No boss is supposed to MC his main target under any circumstance and I can 100% assure you Kael has never MCed his main target before this. If Kael could MC tanks during TBC nobody would ever have killed him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind there's no more resists, the spike damage going on will be a tad more painful. Pre-patch, the only time I'd get MC'd on my lock or DK was due to silliness. Now, the MC counts anything in the zone so the gurth procs and bloodworms, or even simply having a pet out and not doing anything will mess things up. Sort of suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the bloodworms. You were just lucky before or you hit him behind the pillar.

Then you were losing agro to your pets or suffering an earlier bug than this one.

No boss is supposed to MC his main target under any circumstance and I can 100% assure you Kael has never MCed his main target before this. If Kael could MC tanks during TBC nobody would ever have killed him.
    Yes I know that he didn't mc the tank during progress and I don't give the slightest crap about whatever bug might be in place there fact is you could get mindcontrolled even before the patch with bloodworms or gurth up while soloing him.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2012-09-04 at 12:17 PM.

The bloodworm thing happened before the patch too. Me and my bf duo it every week for the mount (and gold but not anymore Q_Q) , and I would always die to the adds on purpose so we won't get MC'ed, and he would finish off Kael.
    He wouldn't spec into bloodworms for this fight, because we've had the MC happen a few times prior to that.

Now that they're obligatory, he wouldn't even go try it on his DK. We tried on a Prot Pala, but we too had the beam bug and he eventually gave up. I'm thinking about giving it a try on some other characters, but until then, I don't think a DK can solo it anymore.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

This is true if you have a raid in there. If you have more than 2-3 people he won't target the tank because he is able to target someone else. With fewer people he still has to target someone.

This wasn't an issue in BC as you needed a full raid to beat him anyways.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

It's not gonna be easy in it's current state but im sure there will be a DK workaround.

it's definitely different than it was. i have always duo'd it with me as a druid tank and 1 other. i always would have aggro, and equip the dagger to un-MC others if they needed it. now, regardless of whether i have aggro or not, everyone gets MC'd. granted, the attempts since the patch have all been with a hunter, so maybe it is a bug involving pets specifically, but i can assure you that it didn't work this way before.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't the only odd TBC bug, if anyone's tried to do the chess event in Kara lately they -really- buffed the amount of time Midevh cheats and moves his pieces to the point where you're liable to lose within the first few minutes of the encounter : /

To everyone complaining about not being able to solo as a Blood DK:

Yes, Kael won't MC you if you're his main aggro target. However, if you get Arcane Disrupted and have a pet out (Bloodworms, Ghoul, Gurth Tentacle), you will cease to be the main aggro target if they attack him while you're disoriented.

Solution: Go 2h/DW Frost and don't use your ghoul or Gurth. There's so little physical damage during the fight that not being crit immune doesn't matter, and with Death Siphon you don't have to rely on your ghoul for a heal.

They didn't just break the fight for soloing in many (likely unintended) ways.

1: MC has no limit to it's targets, barring it's not the MT. Read reports on the official Bug Report forum of an 11-man group having all 10 other party members MC'd.
    2: The staff doesn't prevent the effects it is supposed to anymore.
    3: Nether Vapors not despawning period.
    4: This one is mostly a Paladin issue, but the Cosmic Infuser doesn't trigger off of Word of Glory anymore (it did pre-5.0.4).
    5: Gravity Lapse still doesn't catch you in the air like it's supposed to (been an issue since what... 4.2 or earlier?).

I've always swapped out my Gurth for my Pit Lord's Destroyer when I do my burn phases on Phase 5 (using the 1H Mace + Shield legendaries in P4/5 otherwise). But WoG not triggering the 50% Fire Damage reduction was a brutal nail in the coffin. Flash of Light works for it, but since I am talented for Sacred Shield, that is a casted spell, kinda sucks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone guess what classes will be able to solo him at 90?

I decided I don't want to waste my time now, seeing as this patch brought a whole bunch of bugs to the fight. Will it be simple for most classes to solo at 90, or will it still be a pain?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Yes, Kael won't MC you if you're his main aggro target.
    Except he's bugged and will MC you if you're his main aggro target now.

Edit: and I'd imagine any class can solo him at 90. Most classes can do it at 85 with varying degrees of difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    Can anyone guess what classes will be able to solo him at 90?

I decided I don't want to waste my time now, seeing as this patch brought a whole bunch of bugs to the fight. Will it be simple for most classes to solo at 90, or will it still be a pain?
    One-shotted him as a shadowpriest, the raid trash took more time than KT himself. I did not bother using any of the weapons and simply burned him down quickly while interrupting as many fireballs as I could. Think of it this way, the longer the fight persists, the more spells KT throws at you and it becomes more difficult to stay alive. Disorients are annoying but you can estimate when he uses them and pre-hot / bubble yourself. Pre-patch I had to use a pot and t13 4p burst him down, however post-patch I simply tanked-and-spanked and was never close to any danger.

I will say that my soloing capability is a lot better post-patch. QQ

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    No, it didn't. He would never MC the tank.

You could play a pet class and as long as the player had aggro, he would never MC you.

Now, he MCs you if there is ever another target out, even if you're tanking. Imps spawned by demo talents, doomguards / infernals / warlock pets, all of them will cause him to MC you. Makes it a colossal pain in the arse for certain classes and specs.
    This is incorrect. Hunters would get Mind Controlled if they were soloing with a hunter pet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOSMz...ailpage#t=272s

Deleted
    it isn't, solo'd it pre-patch as a warlock with a felhunter out. As long as you have aggro, you wouldn't get MC.