Page 1 of 2
LastLast

PVP gear has been down graded?

So i log on yesterday and want to try some bg's with the new talents when i look at my toon i notice all his 403 gear has turned into 390 WTF!!!!
    so i log on to all my 85's and its the same thing..... I worked hard to get that gear, i have not logged on yet today to see if it was fixed (im at work)
    did i miss something ? did they say this was going to happen?Really pissed about this, what was the point of grinding all that dang conquest to get gear just to have it stripped away?

Quote Originally Posted by meifumado View Post
    So i log on yesterday and want to try some bg's with the new talents when i look at my toon i notice all his 403 gear has turned into 390 WTF!!!!
    so i log on to all my 85's and its the same thing..... I worked hard to get that gear, i have not logged on yet today to see if it was fixed (im at work)
    did i miss something ? did they say this was going to happen?Really pissed about this, what was the point of grinding all that dang conquest to get gear just to have it stripped away?
    The point of the conquest gear was for you to use it in RBG's and arenas to get titles and mounts, not for you to have shinies. Besides, everyone and their mother had 403 by now, there was really no uniqueness or level of amazement of having full 403. Now if it was full T2 then yeah, I would definitely throw ya some sympathy. I will admit, it is very disappointing, however, to see it all go away : /. I liked the big ilvl. The season ended anyways, and PvP is so imbalanced there's no reason to step foot in a BG at the moment. Hybrids doing dmg and healing same as real healers is sooooooooooooo much fun. PvP gear is essentially useless without "real" PvP anyways.
    Last edited by Ace192; 2012-08-29 at 03:05 PM.

Deleted
    They decided to make it so that pvp resilience and pvp power aren't taken from the same stat budget as the other stats. In other words, the non-pvp stats on pvp gear should be the same amount as on pve gear of the same item level.

To compensate for that, they lowered the ilevel of pvp gear. It's no big deal anyway because pve gear can't compete with pvp gear anymore for pvp since it lacks pvp power.

They did this so that pvp gear would be as good for pve as pve gear of the same item level, but still not as good as the best pve gear which is now of a higher item level.
    Last edited by mmocd6cf53cb07; 2012-08-29 at 03:10 PM.

Deleted
    The stats haven't changed, it's just a number saying how good the gear is (for PvE).

Which is fine, but my main concern is that my 390 gear turned into 377, which used an entirely different model.

Deleted
    i got full t2 and it's downgraded to 390...i find this offence..

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    i got full t2 and it's downgraded to 390...i find this offence..
    Why though? PVE gear is compared and bragged about on the basis of gear and ilvl and boss kills. PVP is bragged by rating and arena/rbg achievements. ilvl for PVP means pretty little imo.

The fact you have t2 is enough to brag, no?
    Last edited by Marco89; 2012-08-29 at 03:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco89 View Post
    Why though? PVE gear is compared and bragged about on the basis of gear and ilvl and boss kills. PVP is bragged by rating and arena/rbg achievements. ilvl for PVP means pretty little imo.

no the fact that it's bin downgraded for nothing ? why should PvE keep thre shiny 410 and 403 for NORMAL and we can't even keep 403 for 2,2k + ? it's not game changing for me , in fact i don't care much but still

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    no the fact that it's bin downgraded for nothing ? why should PvE keep thre shiny 410 and 403 for NORMAL and we can't even keep 403 for 2,2k + ? it's not game changing for me , in fact i don't care much but still
    It's not been downgraded for nothing, stat budgets are determined by item level and since pvp resilience doesn't count towards the stat budget anymore reducing the item level was necessary measure to make sure it didn't get silly and PvP gear was better than PvE gear for PvE.

the color of the gear has changed as well this is not cool i cant have as mog for the future

Welcome to the fix done because of people PVP gear to enter LFR and LFR to skip minimal iLvl requirements.

The actual gear is fine.

It's the weapons that are problem.

T2 weapons didn't get any PVP power but kept the same ilevel, T1 didn't gain any PVP power and also lost like 13 ilevel and a lot of weapon damage, so even LFR weapons are much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco89 View Post

It's not that anyone cares about ilvls, it's that everyone is concerned that lower ilvl means lower stats/dps on the weapon. My LFR Gurth no deals a ton more damage and provides more strength than my T1 cataclysmic weapon. This makes absolutely no sense even if there was pvp power on the weapon (which there isn't).

Even worse, at level 90, the pvp weapons with pvp power on them can still hardly compete with lfr weapons in terms of dps/top end damage/stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FleckerMan View Post
    The stats haven't changed, it's just a number saying how good the gear is (for PvE).
    Couldn't care less myself, but the stats did change. Everyone's healthbar dropped by a 15-20k ish. Didn't pay enough attention to know if this is because of the Ilvl dropping or something else though.

@OP and everyone else complaining about this; all thePvP gear ilvl has been dropped, including Ruthless (honor) gear. Also, RBG/Arena season is over, and MoP is closing in. Just a few reasons not to give a flying fuck. Honestly, why would you?

Angry GGGRRR blizz

well personally I'm cheesed off they downgraded my 403 gear to lvl 390

why !!!!

they could have kept the 403 lvl and instead of 377 lvl make that 390

make no fing sense

1 pissed off customer

10+ Year Old Account
    Raid Weapons are now vastly superior to T1, but otherwise it's not a bad change. Your ilvl is now your PVE ilvl.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Welcome to the fix done because of people PVP gear to enter LFR and LFR to skip minimal iLvl requirements.
    Odd - because on my priest alt, all the crafted PvP stuff is still iLvl 377 - meaning no hole put in my plans for evil LFR entry.

Is it not because of PvE? I don't understand the issue...

People care about the little number on the bottom of their vendor gear, sigh

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnybear View Post
    well personally I'm cheesed off they downgraded my 403 gear to lvl 390

why !!!!

they could have kept the 403 lvl and instead of 377 lvl make that 390

make no fing sense

1 pissed off customer
    It's just a number changing...and it changed for everyone. Seriously, there's no problem untill you make one.