Jumping puzzles, mazes, and the like.

I love the different puzzles in the game and was hoping to share and learn some really interesting ones that I've found. Hopefully if anyone knows of any they can share the locations for others to enjoy.

The first one I've found is an achieve in lions arch. It starts in the lower right corner of the map by the vista. You get to it by jumping around the farmhouse on the bales of hay, there is a hidden tunnel behind some foliage. After getting the vista there is a cave that looks like a mouth you want to stand close to the middle and aim in between the 2 streams of water you'll see shooting down below. Once you successfully make the jump go up the rock ledge, you will have to do a bit of climbing to get up to the next level. Once there you will be greeted by a hallway of spike traps. Just stay as close to the center as you can and you'll be fine. Afterwards is a little more climbing then you get to a tricky part where it's a small area with a relatively easy jump puzzle but when you approach it the room will go completely dark. To navigate the room you can either use an ability that lights up the area, or you can use a ground targetable spell to outline the platforms by using the cast range reticle without actually casting the spell. After the dark room you are faced with 3 choices. The drop on the far right (red torch) is the one with water, the other 2 are instant death. At the bottom is a chest and your achieve.

Next is a seemingly simple yet much longer than at first glance jumping puzzle. It starts off at Morgan's spiral in the silvari starting zone. Be sure to get the skill point at the bottom. Proceed to jump grapple and claw your way to the top and end of the spiral and once you are on solid land there will be a little chest with a silvari npc and some tame spiderlings around. But if you continue heading back and around you will see some floating rocks leading to another area guarded by a pair of silvari archers and a plant turret thing. Go through that alcove and you will appear in a grove where everything has a slight purplish tint to it. There is a series of mushrooms that make a little jump puzzle along the wall. Be sure to kill the plant turrets with a ranged weapon along the way as they will attack and put you in combat causing you to move slower and possibly miss jumps. Once you work your way down to the ground head toward the wall on the opposite side and you will see a mushroom trail leading back up. Head back up and along the branches. You will have to do some creative jumping here because the path will start to get vertical quick so just make sure you look at your jumps and jump well. Soon you will see the mushrooms even out into a path again and you will be rewarded with a large chest and an achieve.

The last one for now is a puzzle for a chest boss and achieve. Be sure to bring friends for this, a large group is best the boss is no pushover. This starts in the upper right corner of second charr zone the 15-25 one, I forget the name at the moment. It's an area called the incendio templum. You may have to fight the flame legion charr for control of the area before the portal is open. Once it's yours enter the portal. First thing you have to do is head down the stairs on the opposite side of the old statues, avoid the pressure plates, they will do a lot of damage if not 1 shot you. Down the stairs there will be a veteran flame shaman standing in front of a wall of ice, kill him to make him explode and melt the ice, he doesn't move so you can easily kill him with ranged. In the next room there is a sword frozen in the ground in the center. Head to the back wall where some pillars have collapsed and climb up to get on the top. You will see a plank sticking out in front of a dangling chain. Walk onto the plank and your skill bar will change to where you just have 1 action. Use this action to leap at the chain, if you aim right you will grab the chain and that will shatter the ice around the sword. 1 person needs to grab this sword and keep it, you will need it later. Head out of the room and up the left staircase, watch the pressure plates. You want to head down the stairs to your left but first you need to destroy one of the old statues and grab its head. Down the staircase the floor is all ice and there's a cannon in the center. Have the person with the statue head load it in the cannon to shatter the floor, swim behind the newly revealed staircase to the passage below. Avoid the underwater flames and head down the hallway. Next room there will be several coffins bordering the walls and flame spitters on the walls. The other hallway leads back out your goal is the closed gate on the far end. To open this you have to extinguish all the flame spitters in that room. To do this click on one of the frost torches on the pillars to get their buff. Open the coffins between the flame spitters to release a bubble. This bubble will reflect projectiles back at you. You have to shoot the bubble with ranged attacks and once they bounce back and hit you because of the frost torch buff they will explode in an icy puff on you, if you are close enough to the flame spitters when this explosion happens they will become extinguished. There is harpoon guns on the ground to assist you with launching ranged attacks. Once they are all put out the gate will open. In the next room there is a bunch of statues on the outside wall that are holding swords except for 1. This is where the guy holding the sword from the first room comes in. Place the sword on the statue to open the final gate. This is the bosses room he will be guarding the chest at the end of the room defeat him and the treasure and achieve is yours.

I love these as well. It's funny, some people HATE them because they want a dungeon raid game not a platforming game, but they really break things up and provide something fun to do!

It's like in The Secret World, the Cost of Magic quest in the end-game zones, it is a PAIN of a platformer, but it was so much fun to get away from the regular kill this, collect that quests!

In the Asura starting zone (metrica province I think) on the far east side just between the skill point and PoI that's blocked by a gate "oor's lab" I think there's a small cave covered by some vines. Go in there and work your way up to a portal. Through the portal was a jumping puzzle that took me the better part of 3 hours to figure out and finish, but once I did it was very satisfying. Make sure you're level 13 at least before trying this (I was 11 when I tried and had a VERY hard time with the mobs).
    Last edited by drockrock; 2012-08-29 at 04:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Morgan's Spiral jumping puzzle is making me tear out my hair, I'm not the biggest fan of them in this game.
    Formerly The Dwarf Lover (TDL)

Deleted
    I am SO bad at jumping. I can only thank ArenaNet for adding something that allows my friends to laugh at me constantly as I fall flat on my face, I seem to be a constant source of entertainment. I can only hope that they're something that I'll get better at with practice.

There's another one in Lion's Arch that involves jumping off near one of the vistas into a hole, then swimming under the entire map. Some of the jumps in that one were rage inducing.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    My girl and I found one in Plains of Ashford (general location):south of the Loreclaw Expanse waypoint. It was frustrating in places, and a few times traps caught me completely by surprise and one-shot me. But it was really thrilling to finally get to the end. Unfortunately...

We didn't get any epic loot out of it. There was a fun event at the end, but all I got was a set of white-quality Apprentice Shoes. I'm hoping that's unintended...
    Because I got significantly better loot from zone completion (i.e. a masterwork weapon for when I hit 26).

I reported it as a bug just in case it's unintended. I figure if enough people bitch about it, they'll put proper loot at the end of these secrets - if they don't, who the hell will ever bother to do these secrets? I spent two hours in there, and while I had some fun, I got nothing for my efforts!
    I can go have fun elsewhere *and* get rewarded.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-29 at 04:32 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Oh I forgot to mention in the lions arch one there's also a maze with false walls, just get real chummy with the walls and you'll pass through the fake parts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I spent 15 minutes just jumping up the stairs inside the cave of the Metrica Province one, LOL. I got a little further but gave up in frustration to do something else. Maybe I'll go back once I am better at jumping!

Quote Originally Posted by ayimera View Post
    I spent 15 minutes just jumping up the stairs inside the cave of the Metrica Province one, LOL. I got a little further but gave up in frustration to do something else. Maybe I'll go back once I am better at jumping!
    Asura are the best jumpers. Don't give up!

I found out the other day that you can do the jumping puzzle events multiple times. I'm not sure if it's on a daily reset or what but I did the Metrica Province one twice over two days and got the loot at the beginning and end both times.

Also much appreciated for those of you who don't spoil the puzzles.
    Last edited by drockrock; 2012-08-29 at 05:43 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Very cool short one in the Norn second area. A little unassuming cave where you have to jump a little, defeat enemies, jump some more, defeat more enemies, ending with two slightly harder than normal mobs protecting a door. When you beat them there is a chest inside. The loot was just blue, so not high quality, but it was an achievement and was fun.

There are several things that knock you off if you aren't careful, which I learned the hard way. Falling into a pit of constantly spawning shadow monsters is no fun.

Edit: Now I know it's called Shaman's Rookery.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2012-08-29 at 06:34 PM.

I love platforming so jump puzzles are always fun, but I do have one complaint. It doesn't happen a lot but when it does it really sucks. My character is a Norn, the biggest possible Norn you can make in fact. So doing stuff like jump puzzles in tight areas like troll cave in lion's arch is really hard when your camera gets stuck and wont move. I can not see where I actually am or how to position myself for the next jump because of the stuck camera. Anyone else have this problem? Not sure if this is related to my guy being so big, but when I watched some videos the smaller races had no problems it seemed.

Quote Originally Posted by flarecde View Post
    There's another one in Lion's Arch that involves jumping off near one of the vistas into a hole, then swimming under the entire map. Some of the jumps in that one were rage inducing.
    There are actually 3 in Lion's Arch but I'm not going to spoil where the last one is located.

If you're not the fun loving type the following map can be filtered to just show the location of jumping puzzles

http://gw2cartographers.com/

The one in Diessa Plateau that has a Vista and Skill pointe is my favorite so far.

It was so amazing getting up there, and it was funny as hell watching people fail the jump between the skill point and the vista. Totaly worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are quite a lot, one more fun then the next

http://gw2cartographers.com/

(just make active on the map jumping puzzle)
    Last edited by Lucas Ashrock; 2012-08-29 at 06:20 PM.