I don't get the movement

So I bought the game, it's pretty fun, I really enjoy it. However does anyone else feel like the movement is really... sluggish? I feel like my character lags behind my mouse movements, which makes indoors a pain in the ass because I'm constantly having to shift the camera around so I can actually see anything ( thank god for being able to adjust the camera to look over the shoulder).

Your character animations have momentum, so if you're traveling left and then switch to moving right, your character will animate that realistically. However, your character will start moving before the animation catches up (it catches up fairly quickly, but it's not instantaneous like other games).

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Adjusting camera rotation speed helps a lot as well.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

Shifting the camera speed to about half way makes its good. At default its all the way to the left. That way your camera wont be slow and you retain that lovely feel of organic movement the chars have. (not that anything is wrong with the way other mmo's do it, like WoW,s dancing on air feel)

10+ Year Old Account
    Mmm, my character follows my mouse movements just right. I feel like I run ridiculously slow, however, relative to other MMOs, and it's kinda grating on me. I spend a lot of time doing nothing but running between two paces, and I'm not really wanting to enjoy the scenery THAT much...
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grraarrgghh View Post
    Adjusting camera rotation speed helps a lot as well.
    Omg that starting sensitivity is slower then keyboard turning!! I had to crank it all the way up to make it better...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    I'm not sure if I loke the strafing..

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Mmm, my character follows my mouse movements just right. I feel like I run ridiculously slow, however, relative to other MMOs, and it's kinda grating on me. I spend a lot of time doing nothing but running between two paces, and I'm not really wanting to enjoy the scenery THAT much...
    You run slower in combat if that helps.

The movement is awesome, and feels much more "connected" than in other MMO's.

I like that more than having my character "slide" across the map with static animations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    You run slower in combat if that helps.
    Oh, I'm fully aware. You also run slower if you have your weapons in your hands instead of sheathed. But just, in general, I feel like I run too slow.

Maybe I've been spoiled by mounts and super-flight powers, but I wish characters ran faster. At least I've got waypoints, but it still feels like a chore to run from one place to another.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I've been spoiled by mounts and super-flight powers, but I wish characters ran faster. At least I've got waypoints, but it still feels like a chore to run from one place to another.
    Yep...it's very nice at first, but I can already sense the fading amusement. Some areas have free speed buffs from NPCs, but I don't expect that to be in every zone. I don't need to fly, I want to enjoy the game and all the jumpy exploration I can have, but I'm going to need to be mount speed at some point or I will get a little aggravated.

I still love the game and am fine if it never changes, but faster movement OoC would be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fully intend to work on cooking for the speed boosts.

Yea just normal running speed is far too slow. Its a major drag for me personally. I am not all that excited to explore. So the false excuse of "smell the roses!" is exactly that, false.

Its odd because the actual combat is fast paced. Almost everything else in the game is like running through tar with snow shoes on.

not that anything is wrong with the way other mmo's do it. like WoW's dancing on air feel
    Heh, I'm gonna use that from now on to describe WoW's controls. Perfect. I sometimes say WoW makes you feel like Fred Astaire but the kid's are dumb.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-08-29 at 06:38 PM.

Deleted
    Oh, I'm fully aware. You also run slower if you have your weapons in your hands instead of sheathed. But just, in general, I feel like I run too slow.

Whaaaaaaaat?!

Quote Originally Posted by KevyB View Post
    The movement is awesome, and feels much more "connected" than in other MMO's.

I like that more than having my character "slide" across the map with static animations.
    at the end of the day, the movement in gw2 does not bother me at all, but I am trying to escape reality here, not imitate it, if "static animations" make for fluid precise control then bring them on, I just like good gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    Whaaaaaaaat?!
    Pretty sure the bolded part is quite false. However, you run slower when in combat as oppose to out of combat, which I'm sure is what he's confusing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Pretty sure the bolded part is quite false. However, you run slower when in combat as oppose to out of combat, which I'm sure is what he's confusing.
    I could be wrong, but I could swear I run slower when I have my weapons out.

I could be wrong, but I could swear I run slower when I have my weapons out.
    You're a Charr, right? Probably just looks that way due to the 'on all fours' animation only happening while weapons are sheathed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    You're a Charr, right? Probably just looks that way due to the 'on all fours' animation only happening while weapons are sheathed.
    Felt the same way on my Norn.

Felt the same way on my Norn.
    Not sure what to say other than "it was probably just in your head".