Thread: Shockadin

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

I'm having a blast playing this atm. It's stupidly broken though.

In my PvE gear set I can pull 21K dps on a training dummy for 3 mins before going OOM. So that'd last a lot longer in a raid buffed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rege View Post
    I'm also finding it tough against lock and S Priests talented for the extra fears. But yes, burst is definitely the biggest counter atm.
    this is why i went with sacred shield and make that my priority to keep up, 10k shield every 6 seconds negates so much damage

Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    You are pretty bad if you were getting roflstomped as a holy paladin. They were good before. This is not deserved nor balanced.
    even though i am enjoying the shockadinness i do have to agree with a good bit of this, before we were pretty damn hard to kill, right now though you have to say holy pallies are one of the best classes pvp wise, amazing healing and really good damage. what i'm finding though is because you are a 9 out of 10 times people just don't want to interrupt denounce which is so powerful because it prevents crits. on a fire mage for example stopping them critting removes combustion, pyroblast and ignite which is alot of damage. similar for a ret who pops wings and guardian expecting some nice crits denounce spam during it removes alot of that burst.

not arguing that holy shock and harsh words damage isn't high because it is but the biggest thing preventing people killing shockadins atm is denounces crit removal and peoples fear of interrupting it due to knowing that the pally will then have 12+ seconds where they can heal with no fear of an interrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by knightpt View Post
    I still remember a couple of years back retribution paladins were so OP they were impossible to kill and were killing everyone in 3 globals, until the expansion hit and everyone was max level again...
    If you are talking about TBC->WotLK, they nerfed them quickly after 3.0 hit and yet they were still grossly overpowered during all of season 5 only behind DK's. Imagine if they hadn't nerfed them a week after 3.0 hit.

So perhaps you remember something different?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    Haven't lost to a single shockadin yet, don't see what the big deal is.
    There isn't. Just a little pre patch fun tbh. I don't expect this to be viable come 90, at least not competitively.

Nothing better than seeing a dps class running away from a healer.....even days later, still makes me giggle.

/popcorn enthusiast!

Deleted
    So that'd last a lot longer in a raid buffed.
    Buffs? Which buffs?
    Replenishment is gone and there is no Spirit Increase Buff. There is no continual buff which increases mana regeneration.

Ok Mana tide totem is still there. Every 3 minutes (180s) 16 seconds (8,88% uptime) of 200% of the Spirit of the Shaman. Assuming both of you got the same amount of Spirit, that is a 17,77% increase in Spirit over the whole fight - which isn't of course a 17,77% increase in mana regen, because there is also base regen (2% of total mana per 5seconds) and Divine Plea regen (12% every 120secs = 0,5% every 5 minutes) Every point of Spirit gives 0,56 infight MP5.

A little offtopic, but i guess that makes Resto-Shamans mandatory - at least in the beginning. It is an INCREDIBLE buff for Healers which does not have an equal.

If you last 3 minutes, then you must be sitting on around 3,3k Spirit (If you don't have haste - but i will come to that later). Add 20% (maybe the shaman has got a little more Spirit than you, lets say 0.7k Spirit is what you get on average) and you have around 4k average over the fight with Mana Tide Totem. Now of course Spirit/MP5 scales better the more you have of it (meaning adding 1 Spirit/MP5 always gives you more % of additional time the more you have of it - welcome to Mists of Pandaria, where people stack Spirit all of a sudden), but you don't have enough to really come close to the "Spirit Cap"^^. You last around 3,5-4 minutes.
    If you get 2 Resto Shamans, you can add another 0,7k Spirit to get an average of 4.7k. You now last 4-4,5 minutes.
    If you get 3 Resto Shamans, you can add another 0,7k Spirit to get an average of 5.4k. You now last a little longer than 5 minutes.
    If you bring 4 Resto Shamans...6.1k Spirit...6,5 minutes (btw, now we are getting closer to the "Spirit Cap" i mentioned, as can be seen in the jump from 5 minutes to 6,5 minutes)
    If you somehow get the crazy idea to bring 5 Resto Shamans to a raid -> 6.8k Spirit -> over 10 minutes. (Again notice the huge jump in sustainability. 6,5minutes to >10 minutes)
    If anyone wonders, you reach the cap at 8,3k Spirit and if each Resto shaman increases the average spirit over a fight by 0.7k, you need 8 resto shamans. But maybe you have to beat an Enrage Timer.

It's hilarious how the amount of Restoration Shamans in a raid increases the damage done by Holy Paladins.

These numbers are taking the 10% haste buff from SoI into account, but no other haste buffs. You need more spirit if you get more haste (So even if you have got more spirit and more haste, which i think you have, the above relations still stay the same... this is one of the reasons i have stated that Shockadins don't scale well with haste... you basically need more spirit to make up for it, paying almost double item budget points for haste. It is only worth it if you have too much Spirit)

You can of course ask for an innervate (and maybe you can get 1 druid in your raid to do it every 3 minutes) and that gives you 10% mana every 180secs. Which is 0,27% of your mana per 5 seconds. 277mp5. Wohoo. Better let it use it for themselves, it gives them double. Mana Tide is a far superior form of mana regen for spirit users.

And this is how they balance this in raids. You don't get enough spirit to even start, haste only makes everything worse, mastery is useless, and crit is expensive.

all i know is that i crit 20k with wog and shock on full pvp geared targets and denounce is stronger than any MS effect out there.

oh yeah i can heal myself to full in 1-2 heals.

Did somebody say shockadin?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Yeah it's AMAZING I just queue up as a healer and top the dps charts as well . with full BiS gear (H WoB+Cunning) i can Easily do 30k+ on bosses

#1 dmg #1 heals same bg

AH-HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Haha, that's pretty sweet. Bet some people lost it though.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Couple from today. Most fun pre patch I've had.

Last edited by Rege; 2012-09-02 at 06:24 AM.

/popcorn enthusiast!

Now if there were only DPS caster plate gear.....

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    Now if there were only DPS caster plate gear.....
    but you get all the hit you need just because you are holy, now if only our mastery was usefull.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    but you get all the hit you need just because you are holy, now if only our mastery was usefull.
    spirit doesnt convert to hit anymore, my hoj misses a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    spirit doesnt convert to hit anymore, my hoj misses a lot
    holy insight gives us hit on judgement denouce harsh words, and holy shock, and soon should give it on the lvl 90 talents.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe the lastest post from GC said something to the effect of giving healers the ability to hit with all spells (aside from Monks).

---------- Post added 2012-09-02 at 06:31 PM ----------

Yeah here it is:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6369527083

/popcorn enthusiast!

It's great you guys are having fun with this! It's not really a viable dps option in Heroic raiding but for anything else as long as your having fun it shouldn't matter and should get the job done. Shockadins may even be super viable healers in Challenge modes to put down targets faster.

As far as I'm concerned with challengeM added 5 mans are perfectly relevent content and something you could even sell full gold medals through the entire expansion. Easy 200-300k gold.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-09-02 at 06:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I've tried it at 90 on beta. Definitely not as OP as 85, but figured it wouldn't be. The Challenge Mode idea is pretty relevant. I think a healer that can put a decent amount of dps will be the best fits to grab those gold medals (Monks and maybe Disc Priests with atonement as well).

/popcorn enthusiast!

Deleted
    Shockadins are broken atm. No one in their right mind can say this how it should be. This will change in MoP on its own or it will receive nerfs.
    Don't, for one moment, think this ridiculous OP-ness will stand at 90, where it counts.

Also, you people who aren't healers and never intended to heal on your paladins, yet now are shockadins "cuz pro"...I pity you.
    Last edited by mmoc213777db2f; 2012-09-02 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    Shockadins are broken atm. No one in their right mind can say this how it should be. This will change in MoP on its own or it will receive nerfs.
    Don't, for one moment, think this ridiculous OP-ness will stand at 90, where it counts.

Also, you people who aren't healers and never intended to heal on your paladins, yet now are shockadins "cuz pro"...I pity you.
    Aren't you a party pooper. And no a healer who can do reliable damage output is quite viable when challenge modes time trials are launched.