Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Click to target PWS?

Okay this is kind of hard for me to describe but I will try and hope you understand. Before the patch, if I targeted someone and pressed a button that activates power word shield, it would put power word shield on them. They will get this debuff, weakened soul, that makes sure you can't power word shield them until the debuff runs out. If you would activate power word shield again, it would simply just not cast. Now after the patch when you power word shield someone who has the debuff after, the mouse icon thing starts to glow so you can click on another target. Is there any way to reverse this?

The game is basically waiting for you to choose whom to cast the spell on... The mana is already consumed, you HAVE to cast it on someone. I don't think it can be cancelled...

When I heal, I something cast pw: s (I'm holy, so I don't cast it that often), and I use a mouseover macro:

/cast [target=mouseover,help,exists][target=target,help,exists][target=focus,help,exists][] Power Word: Shield

Basically if my cursor isn't hovering someone, it casts it on my focus (usually my tank), if not it casts it on me. Pretty simple.
    Last edited by DiGG; 2012-08-29 at 07:20 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    If this was changed intentionally I do not know why. As things stand you'll just have to be careful to not try casting Power Word: Shield on someone with Weakened Soul and if you do then you will have to right click off of your unit frames to make it go away. Or just cast another spell through it. And no mana is spent until you actually cast the spell.

Quote Originally Posted by DiGG View Post
    The game is basically waiting for you to choose whom to cast the spell on... The mana is already consumed, you HAVE to cast it on someone. I don't think it can be cancelled...
    Idk, other spells that highlight the mouse to click on someone you can just hit "esc" to cancel, I would think it would be similar.

At least this confirms I'm not the only one with this problem. I have submitted this as a bug and I made a ticket. Blizzard said they 'are looking into it'

---------- Post added 2012-08-29 at 08:22 PM ----------

Mana isn't consumed btw.

Seems more a hassle this way than the old way. Hopefully it can be sorted quickly, the button bashing will have to be done with some grace in PvP as to not trigger the blue hand of death ><

Quote Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
    If this was changed intentionally I do not know why. As things stand you'll just have to be careful to not try casting Power Word: Shield on someone with Weakened Soul and if you do then you will have to right click off of your unit frames to make it go away. Or just cast another spell through it. And no mana is spent until you actually cast the spell.
    Most likely an unintended consequence of implementing divine insight talent for disc.

Glad someone made a topic about this, I was having the same issues. Wasn't sure if it were my frames or the games doing and if this was intentional or not. If you decide to target the person instead of doing a mouseover and cast PW:S with the WS debuff, it unselects the target which I find especially annoying combined with the right clicking.
    Last edited by Amiel; 2012-08-30 at 04:34 PM.

I also want to point out that this is the same issue as attempting to cast prayer of mending or life grip on a non-raid/party member, or casting pw: fortitude on a raid member out of range

---------- Post added 2012-08-30 at 12:00 PM ----------

OKAY! this may seem like a band-aid fix, but at least it works. Hopefully someone can find a better solution.

#showtooltip power word: shield
    /cast power word: shield
    /click ContainerFrame2Item4 RightButton

basically this macro will cast power word shield and then right click an item in your bag. Make sure the item in your bag to be right clicked doesn't have a right click "use". edit: can't be equippable as well, i suggest something like dust of dissapearance.
    Last edited by AvaEve; 2012-08-30 at 06:06 PM.

Awesome dude! It actually works!

Quite annoying, I hope they get rid of it soon.
    I killed myself with this bug a few times already since it hinders the casting of other spells until you get rid of it.

Have been using a macro to cast it on focus/myself/mouseover/target depending on the situation since forever. Didn't even notice there was something going wrong >.>

Deleted
    dude! omg! thanks for posting this!
    been leveling my disc priest, stuck at lvl 69. why? because I just can not play with this issue!
    It's so annoying and narrowing!
    I've tried checking and unchecking pretty much everything on the interface menu and nothing solves it.
    All I want is to cast power world shield on someone, and if that someone already has PWS on them, then IT SHOULD NOT CAST AGAIN, it should NOT LOCK MY MOUSE to PWS...
    And the time it takes to realise you're doing nothing, 'cause you're locked to PWS, to press ESQ and to re-target, that's death right there :/
    maybe this could be solved by a simple macro? I don't really like those mouseover macros, they tend to mess up my self cast...
    Any solution? Any1?
    Help please :/ it's really retarded to try and play disc priest like this...
    thank you all in advance

edited:
    and aditional hour and a half of frustration made me try and summarise the post above just to make it a little clear:

problem: to use PWS on an already Weakened Soul target will 'cause your PWS to re-cast and lock your mouse to the use of PWS. while locked on PWS you will not be able to target enemies, allies already with PWS on them, or yourself, unless you're using alt (selfcasting)

solution: some macro or way to prevent PWS to cast again, and lock your mouse; while being cast on a target with the Weakened Soul Debuff.

help ppl a.s.a.p.
    thx again
    Last edited by mmoc79fc63ac5c; 2012-09-01 at 08:48 PM.

This happens with druids swiftmend too btw..

I have this 'bug' too... not really sure how to describe it.

Basically I am shadow and I always use PW:S on myself for the speed boost, but once it is off cd (yes, the debuff is gone) I try and ALT-Keybind it on myself and it wants me to click on something. If I select something, or esc, w/e, then it seems to work fine again. Same thing has been happening in beta for as long as I can remember. I'd bug report it if I could even figure out how to explain what I mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by teh_anarchist View Post
    blue hand of death
    Quoted for emphasis

Deleted
    us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6470987568#3

some other thoughts and possible solutions I found to the problem.

WTS: Blue Hand of Dead
    WTB: That ability isn't ready yet

:'(

Same issue is happening with druid swiftmend.

Must be a bug.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AvaEve View Post
    OKAY! this may seem like a band-aid fix, but at least it works. Hopefully someone can find a better solution.

#showtooltip power word: shield
    /cast power word: shield
    /click ContainerFrame2Item4 RightButton
    What a hack! Thank you for this, at least we now have a work-around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprints View Post
    Same issue is happening with druid swiftmend.

Must be a bug.
    It happens with a lot of things actually. It happened before patch as well. Mainly if you tried to heal someone who died before you could. It would leave the spell in queue waiting for you to target. It annoying.