/powa Doesn't work for Power Aura 5.0 RC2

Is anyone else having this problem? I downloaded Power Aura 5.0 RC2 from curseforge and i still can't get /powa up in the game. hmmm
    hello :3

If you are looking for an alternative Tell me When I think is working.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Quote Originally Posted by Meorawr View Post
    Does /powa print the same message that you'd get if you did a /fweifjweifjweifew? If so then it wasn't installed correctly.
    Yeah it just gives "Type '/help' for a listing of a few commands."

How do I install it 'correctly'? I thought all you do is just extract the zip folder into the addon folder =/

Is your game installed under the Program Files folder by any chance?
    Yes, using window 7 as well. (and thanks for helping me )
    Last edited by helloberry; 2012-08-29 at 09:22 PM.

Alright, well off the top of my head there's a number of possible locations - the first to check would be:
    <Drive>:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\

If the Interface folder exists, that's probably the one.
    Nope the only other addon/interface folder i have is from the Beta

Check C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\World of Warcraft
    and make sure you first turn on View Hidden Files and Folders or you're not going to see it.

Also, log out to character select screen, click the Addon button in the corner and see if Power Auras is listed at all and if it's checked for that character (on top of that window it'll give you a dropdown menu to choose that specific character or all).
    Last edited by Sedivy; 2012-08-29 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedivy View Post
    Also, log out to character select screen, click the Addon button in the corner and see if Power Auras is listed at all and if it's checked for that character (on top of that window it'll give you a dropdown menu to choose that specific character or all).
    oh askjflksdjf ya it wasn't checked ._. thanks.

but one more, all the old auras are deleted? Do I have to re-make all of them again?

I had so much I forgot which ones i need to remake now

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait... they're gone? I had like, 4 pages of auras... T_T

I'm having the same issue + enabling powa in my addons list slows the game to 14 fps no matter what settings i'm using.
    Can't see anything using /powa, can't break up with my combo points auras ;(
    Feral dps :3
    Bring back ArP rating!

Quote Originally Posted by calibro View Post
    I'm having the same issue + enabling powa in my addons list slows the game to 14 fps no matter what settings i'm using.
    Can't see anything using /powa, can't break up with my combo points auras ;(
    If you were using curse client to update it, the new version only went up today on there. So you'd be still using the old version though client might have been redownloading it for you. Also set your client to download betas as well as releases. Some authors mark mop updates as betas and your client is never going to see them if you don't enable this.

As for old ones, every time major changes are in the addon, your settings, especially if very old are bound to get borked anyway. I see it all the time on UI forums and wiping settings usually fixes issues. When it's such a total rework of an addon like PA had, it's no surprise you gotta remake them so do yourself a favor a spend a few hours on those, then back up once you have them all done so that if there are any other issues while you're messing with the settings, you can always have backup to revert to.
    Last edited by Sedivy; 2012-08-30 at 07:18 PM.