Deleted

Demo Wand Bug: How to get around it, and what it is?

Hello.

Did some quick research, a lot of people playing Demo seem to complain about a wand bug.

I am using 489 Elegon wand, and I find myself needing to play Demo on N Windlord (Don't wanna gimp the raid).

Now, I don't have another weapon, so what does this bug do exactly, and how do I work around it? (Heard something about people running around, spamming ToC). I guess it won't affect the first phase, but the second phase it might be huge.

The bug has something to do with the automelee you get in Meta. The "melee" from the wand is triggering GCDs it shouldn't which is effectively locking you out for the 1-1.5 sec of your GCD. The way to get around it is make a macro along the lines of:

/stopattack
    /cast shadow bolt

When used in meta this will force you to stop the melee attack and cast what would be Touch of Chaos at the time. Yes this results in a small dps loss but it's not as bad as getting those GCD lockouts. Now Blizzard's fix for this is they are removing the melee attack in 5.1 and buffing Doom damage to compensate, but until then this is how I got around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    Hello.

Did some quick research, a lot of people playing Demo seem to complain about a wand bug.

I am using 489 Elegon wand, and I find myself needing to play Demo on N Windlord (Don't wanna gimp the raid).

Now, I don't have another weapon, so what does this bug do exactly, and how do I work around it? (Heard something about people running around, spamming ToC). I guess it won't affect the first phase, but the second phase it might be huge.
    Im usually aff, but go demo on that fight also, and since im just using LFR wand i switch to blue heroic dungeon staff on that fight.