Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oggyowl View Post
    How are you finding the switch over from t14 4p in terms of healing style/pressing HS when it's not up? And how much are your numbers differing in total? Kinda worried as all I've ever known in the pvp4 set, then pve one
    My numbers were still solid. It is a bit of a change in playstyle and will require some adjustment. HP gain is slower is less mana efficient since you will be casting holy radiance more. And yes at times I would find my self spamming the HS button when it was still on cooldown, not as much as some since I did try out the 2 and 4 set T15 a few times before the patch. You could possibly add a weak aura or other tracker for HS cooldown to help you until you get reacquainted with the longer cooldown.

Half way through my first raid and dropping from T14 4pc and the mastery nerf has decimated me. The loss of the 4 set in particular makes me feel like I don't even know how to play my class any more. Spot healing (probably our biggest strength) feels unresponsive now. The mastery nerf obviously just blanket nerfs throughput. Maybe I just need to relearn how to play the class but I feel very weak at the moment.

It feels much bigger than I was expecting it to feel. I think they overdid it.

I've been using T15 stuff for quite a while since my T14 was terrible and un-upgraded due to a break and although the healing felt a little weaker last night I'm looking at comparebots from last week and there isn't a huge difference. I'm sure people switching from T14 will feel it more since the playstyle changes and I long ago adjusted to that.

I understand a mastery scaling nerf, I don't really understand why they messed with Daybreak.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    Half way through my first raid and dropping from T14 4pc and the mastery nerf has decimated me. The loss of the 4 set in particular makes me feel like I don't even know how to play my class any more. Spot healing (probably our biggest strength) feels unresponsive now. The mastery nerf obviously just blanket nerfs throughput. Maybe I just need to relearn how to play the class but I feel very weak at the moment.

It feels much bigger than I was expecting it to feel. I think they overdid it.
    This 1000x over. It was shortsighted to put it in there, then nerf it like that to force us into using the T15. (because they 'know' its better). We'd have had to do it towards the end of the patch anyway once we had full heroic t15/offset so it was just big daddy syndrome.

The mastery nerf was needed. (and tiny anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by oggyowl View Post
    This 1000x over. It was shortsighted to put it in there, then nerf it like that to force us into using the T15. (because they 'know' its better). We'd have had to do it towards the end of the patch anyway once we had full heroic t15/offset so it was just big daddy syndrome.

The mastery nerf was needed. (and tiny anyway)
    I would say it's the other way around. The reason T14 was nerfed is because, to be honest, nobody should have to farm previous tier (or convince their guild to do ti) and have to have been lucky enough to have 2/2 ups on both all of that just to be competitive, while current tier makes you non-competitive.

The mastery nerf was not needed but put in due to a bunch of crying monks who I guess are happy now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    I would say it's the other way around. The reason T14 was nerfed is because, to be honest, nobody should have to farm previous tier (or convince their guild to do ti) and have to have been lucky enough to have 2/2 ups on both all of that just to be competitive, while current tier makes you non-competitive.

The mastery nerf was not needed but put in due to a bunch of crying monks who I guess are happy now.
    Good monks owned us half the bosses anyway. I didn't play t14 (was in aussieland), so was running with 2 heroic, 2 normal that i'd just farmed in a coupla weeks. was fine. I'm just so incredibly frustrated right now its unbelievable. Just did 75k hps on heroic council, down around 25-35k on the last weeks :\ Sitting myself on tortos in case I wipe us with shite healing.

I'm doing around 140k hps on Tortos with T15 2pc. We're not like bad or anything. The sky did not fall, Chicken Little.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea I actually had been using the T15 4p in H Tortos for a few weeks actually. Since it was the one fight I fight the beacon healing actually was helpful(only would get 4% overheal on it). Pulled 145k yesterday, 130k other weeks. We didn't have a monk healer this week(he was kiting the bats) so all the healers went up some. Shadow Priest healing was OP on that fight now. Lol.

I really didn't feel the mastery nerf though. Loss of 4 second HS is an adjustment but we are fine. Monks didn't need the buff they got though.
    Last edited by Freia; 2013-05-23 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    Yea I actually had been using the T15 4p in H Tortos for a few weeks actually. Since it was the one fight I fight the beacon healing actually was helpful(only would get 4% overheal on it). Pulled 145k yesterday, 130k other weeks. We didn't have a monk healer this week(he was kiting the bats) so all the healers went up some. Shadow Priest healing was OP on that fight now. Lol.

I really didn't feel the mastery nerf though. Loss of 4 second HS is an adjustment but we are fine. Monks didn't need the buff they got though.
    Yeah, Revival is healing 25% of everyone's health in 25 man. Kind of stupid.

And don't even get me started about tranquility.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

Enough with all this doom and gloom. Let's talk about the new Holy Prism spell effect! So prismy!

10+ Year Old Account
    T15 4pc looks very good on logs on Heroic Tortos, due to the fact that there is generally very little overheals on that fight because of the shell mechanic. As long as shell is intact, all healing are counted as absorbs on the shell even past the 75%.

Has anyone tried the 25% haste cap EF after the patch (sacrificing a bit of mastery)?

Quote Originally Posted by Berianther View Post
    T15 4pc looks very good on logs on Heroic Tortos, due to the fact that there is generally very little overheals on that fight because of the shell mechanic. As long as shell is intact, all healing are counted as absorbs on the shell even past the 75%.

Has anyone tried the 25% haste cap EF after the patch (sacrificing a bit of mastery)?
    There have been many threads about haste in 5.3 and legitimately no one thinks it's a good idea. Mastery has taken a bit of a scaling nerf which we frankly needed (or were going to need shortly) but it's still our best secondary stat by far.

I think that Berianther was talking about hitting the 25% haste cap (~3500), not taking haste as the secondary stat, which is fairly attainable even reforging out of haste for the majority of the time and was done by paladins even before the nerf to mastery. That being said I think it's fairly gear dependent like it was before the nerf. If you're forced to reforge out of a lot of mastery then probably not worth it. After 5.3, 480 points of mastery is equivalent to 1% and 425 points of haste is equivalent to 1%.

Illuminated Healing 13675898 31.0 %
    Eternal Flame 7588200 17.2 %

With just some quick math, my mastery raid buffed is around 32 so lets just say we take 1% off mastery to get 1% haste to push me over 3506, I would be losing ~450,000 healing from illuminated healing but gaining nearly 600k healing with one more tick of eternal flame. I think it would be interesting to try out. I'm certain these numbers change person to person and fight to fight of course but now that mastery is weighted less, it might be worth hitting the haste cap if it's not too far away.

I would have to find 3k worth of haste to make that breakpoint and the only places it's going to come from are spirit or mastery. I'm pretty sure that's going to be a net loss no matter how I look at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would lose 6.33% mastery to get to that breakpoint. Not worth it. Unless you can guarantee the majority of those extra tics will result in effective healing and not overhealing, I really don't see it being worth it for anyone.

It might be worth it next tier if they nerf our mastery more, don't change EF and make it as HoT favored as they are implying, but for now it isn't.
    Last edited by Freia; 2013-05-29 at 02:12 PM.

Maybe it's just that I've gotten unlucky but I am reforging everything to mastery/not socketing haste or trying to meet any kind of a haste cap and I have 3252 (I double checked this because I was like waaaa?). Like I said it's definitely not for everyone and highly dependent on gear but for someone like me maybe it is worth considering if you're close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monikasun88 View Post
    Maybe it's just that I've gotten unlucky but I am reforging everything to mastery/not socketing haste or trying to meet any kind of a haste cap and I have 3252 (I double checked this because I was like waaaa?). Like I said it's definitely not for everyone and highly dependent on gear but for someone like me maybe it is worth considering if you're close.
    Only 3 pieces of my gear have haste on it at all (ring, neck, belt), so I am at 967 haste.

Quote Originally Posted by monikasun88 View Post
    Thats highly possible if you've just taken all the early loot that drops, as the Haste gear drops earlier than the Master/Crit gear, and if you've been lucky on Nalakk/tier thats double Haste as well

I still wouldn't say the Haste breakpoint is worth it even in that situation, you should (hopefully) be getting at least 1 new piece of gear a week thus throwing you off the breakpoint

10+ Year Old Account
    I went through and updated the original post to match Patch 5.3. If there are any clear mistakes let me know and I'll fix the guide.

Thanks to Kerfax for the guide!